5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean seriously what's the reason...can't be stolen if the fob is in my pocket.

From what I understood, these trucks can be driven away without the fob.
They should have made it where the truck dies if someone gets in the truck and pushes the brake pedal to put it into gear without the fob present.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never changed what I was saying and proven wrong about features? I quoted above what started this.

You called every "features" a "safety nanny"

I said not all features are for [safety] nanny's and then listed how lots of safety features are not just for safety nanny's like side view mirrors, awd, etc.

But whatever.
I didn't call every feature a safety nanny, you even quoted exactly what I said. I said the safety nannies were because of a few. You went off on a tangent trying to compare a mechanical LSD and AWD system to electronic safety nannies like TCS/ESP.

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That and a lockout for texting while driving.

More teens are killed every day (14?) from texting and driving than are killed by "gun crime." ~half a million crashes per day. What are they always trying to ban? That's right, guns. It's for the Chillen!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
More teens are killed every day (14?) from texting and driving than are killed by "gun crime." ~half a million crashes per day. What are they always trying to ban? That's right, guns. It's for the Chillen!
I never saw anyone die from texting and driving, it's the sudden stop that always gets them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean, guns rarely kill people either. It's the usually bullet hitting them that does.
I put a gun on a table and no matter how many times I turned my back to it, I never once got hurt.
I tried a few more times and no matter what the gun wouldn't take any action against me.
Maybe I should ask it to try harder.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been there, done that.

Some of y'all never had to hand crank a tractor to start it though.
I’ll see your hand-cranked tractor and raise you a hand-propped airplane engine. That’ll get your adrenaline going!

dski

Reaction score
Hate it. Horn is way too loud and I'm not unware I'm leaving a running vehicle. Be OK if the horn was not so loud.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I understood, these trucks can be driven away without the fob.
They should have made it where the truck dies if someone gets in the truck and pushes the brake pedal to put it into gear without the fob present.
On my F150 I used Forscan to disable the 3 horn honk, AND enable "COP MODE" where even if the truck is running, unlocked and free as a bird, the transmission wont shift out of park if the fob is not in the truck.

It would not surprise me to learn that AlfaOBD offers some such COP MODE for rams, given Stelantis et al's Police Car program.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my F150 I used Forscan to disable the 3 horn honk, AND enable "COP MODE" where even if the truck is running, unlocked and free as a bird, the transmission wont shift out of park if the fob is not in the truck.

It would not surprise me to learn that AlfaOBD offers some such COP MODE for rams, given Stelantis et al's Police Car program.

AlfaOBD can enable Police Mode but there's a failure cascade of stuff that doesn't work if it's enabled.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So...can I turn this off yet or what? :LOL:

It gets pretty annoying when I'm hitching up or disconnecting at a campsite and my horn starts beeping.
If you don't shut the door, it doesn't beep. Why do you shut the door to hook up a trailer?

Users who are viewing this thread