5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Total voters

23RAM

Reaction score
Thank you so much for tagging us! We are keeping an eye on this poll, so thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Callie
Ram Cares
Add me to the list - I understand why it's there, but if the fob is in my pocket, I can't drive off without it.

Instead of an annoying and attention attracting honk that lets everyone around know that my truck is running and I'm not in it, how about what some companies do - if the fob is not in the vehicle, shut the engine off when you apply the brake to put it in drive.
Or at least give us the option to disable the honk.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes you can
Haven’t tried it with this truck but you could drive off without the key fob in my last two 4th Gens. Couldn’t believe that was actually possible but it was.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Haven’t tried it with this truck but you could drive off without the key fob in my last two 4th Gens. Couldn’t believe that was actually possible but it was.
You would think the engine would shut off when you change gears without the fob.
I wonder if it's like this in case the battery dies in your fob while driving, beats me.

Dewey

Reaction score
You would think the engine would shut off when you change gears without the fob.
I wonder if it's like this in case the battery dies in your fob while driving, beats me.
It shouldn’t even allow you to shift the truck out park without the fob. Maybe they fixed it now. Haven’t tried it lately.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It shouldn’t even allow you to shift the truck out park without the fob. Maybe they fixed it now. Haven’t tried it lately.
What happens when you have a fob with a dead battery, you can't get to the store to replace the battery?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What happens when you have a fob with a dead battery, you can't get to the store to replace the battery?
The battery in fob has nothing to do with the RFID chip allowing the truck to start

djeazie

Reaction score
Dumbest thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Reaction score
Every vehicle I have been in, with push button start, beeps when you leave the car running, and get out, and shut the door.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like in my '15 300 the door open chime would come on inside, but no honk.

The honking is annoying, but I rarely hear it. When I know I'll be getting out, I just make sure the door doesn't fully latch and no honk.

Dewey

Reaction score
Every vehicle I have been in, with push button start, beeps when you leave the car running, and get out, and shut the door.
I’ve owned RAM’s with pushbutton start since 2013 and this is the first one that beeps when exiting. From what I understand that wasn’t added till the 2022 model.

Dewey

Reaction score
Then there is something wrong with yours. Even my 13 Charger did. Even other brands.
Driven plenty of pushbutton start vehicles over the years and none of them beeped when exiting with keys and motor running. Guess they all must have been broken.

Last edited:

Scram1500

Reaction score
My 2020 doesn't honk, neither does a 2021 Limited Pacifica. Both can also be driven without the fob once started

6of36

Reaction score
Driven plenty of pushbutton start vehicles over the years and none of them beeped when exiting with keys and motor running. Guess they all must have been broken.
I don't have any of the old ones, but if you really want, I can load a video of my 21 Durango, my girlfriends 20 Ford Edge, and my daughters 22 Equinox that all do.

Users who are viewing this thread