5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

Toolbox

Reaction score
Carvana appears to bring the check when they pickup your vehicle. why the waiting process with Vroom?
(assuming there is no lien/payoff)
Yes. This is how it worked for me. In addition they take care of the lien payoff. So with my last truck I had about 10k left. They cut me a check for 20k on the spot and took care of the lien payment right away. Received a payoff letter from the bank a week later. I will admit it did feel weird in terms of how simple it was. A young employee shows up. Doesn’t even open the hood. Took 4 photos (one on each side of the truck) and went inside the truck to start it up checked the miles and handed me a check. Didn’t check the oil, fluids, or anything. Tow truck was waiting put it on the flat bed and it was gone. Was by far the easiest car related process I went though.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Watching this thread like a hawk Vroom offered $52K and change and Carvanna offered $46K and change. The $52K is more than I paid for my '19 Limited (purchased in June 2020) and it is just shy of 25000 miles.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple days ago, Vroom offered me $43,860. Today Carvana offered $38,390. BIG difference.

U

User_3336

Both Carvanna and Vroom said they needed more time to evaluate my vehicle.

Carvana said "WE'RE STUMPED.....", and Vroom just said they'd email me.

Could it be they are just overwhelmed? Probably not that many people wanting to sell, but everyone just "curious" about their vehicle's period during this period?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vroom offered me 53 and change while carvana offered 44 and change. I’d love to get 53 because I’m only getting 44 on trade but I’m too scepticle to send my truck off to who knows where

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vroom offered me 53 and change while carvana offered 44 and change. I’d love to get 53 because I’m only getting 44 on trade but I’m too scepticle to send my truck off to who knows where
Could you use Vroom’s offer to negotiate with Carvana or a local dealer? Even if they don’t meet you at $53K, they should at least be able to come up from $44K.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could you use Vroom’s offer to negotiate with Carvana or a local dealer? Even if they don’t meet you at $53K, they should at least be able to come up from $44K.
I tried that and carvana jumped 2k more, but they were still 6k lower than Vroom.

Nova90

Reaction score
Vroom & Carvana are probably more reputable than your local dealer :). I recently sold a Porsche Cayenne to Carvana because their offer was thousands more than any dealer. They came out & gave me a check on the spot (or you could have the funds electronically transferred directly to your account). No questions asked. I didn't care where they sent my Porsche after that, I had the funds. It couldn't be any easier of a transaction.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of course you didn’t care. You had your money. I wouldn’t care either. Would you care if you didn’t have your money in your hand? Of course you would. That’s what this whole discussion is about.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Porche cayenne. Like you were telling us they bought the Ferrari Enzo

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Caravans offered me the same as dealer is giving me on my truck. I’ll save the money in tax. Vroom is who we are worried about. Read brother!!!!

lkjk

Reaction score
Caravans offered me the same as dealer is giving me on my truck. I’ll save the money in tax. Vroom is who we are worried about. Read brother!!!!
The tax piece makes sense. I sold my would be trade in locally but it was only 19K...had it been worth a lot more it woulda been worth the trip to trade in with aaron.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
vroom is offering me 6500 less than the sticker value on my truck. Who would pay 53 and change for a truck that has 27k miles and brand new msrp price was 60

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forcing skepticism. I don’t know how you can possibly not be alarmed. I just can’t take the chance sending my truck off somewhere to have a headache. I have enough of those in my daily grind. As far as dealers go I found the best dodge jeep Chrysler ram dealer you guys can ever dream of dealing with. I bought my wife’s car there and bought my daughter a lease trade in and they have been phenomenal. The little jeep I bought has had a couple of issues which were all fixed immediately at zero cost. And I never bought the extended warranty and it wasn’t certified pre owned

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
vroom is offering me 6500 less than the sticker value on my truck. Who would pay 53 and change for a truck that has 27k miles and brand new msrp price was 60

It’s based off of supply and demand. New vehicles aren’t available and dealers need to pay the bills. Someone needs a truck new or used so market dictates price. If you sell for that then they need to make a profit and someone will buy it at least until the market stabilizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread