5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a 2nd battery in 2020 1500, Gasoline, 5.7 Hemi?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If @RamCares doesnt do anything, then what do they do on this forum?
They're a social media outreach team. Their purpose is to help coordinate the process between forum complainers and dealers (and occasionally get Corporate involved). Ramcares employees are not technicians or mechanics.

Bin01123

Reaction score
They make posts asking for people to PM them their vin then ghost them or just say go to the dealership
Makes it looks like Ram does care when people find threads on the internet seeing someone named "Ramcares" posting.
I thought I was going to come on here and confirm what you said but........ I received a call from Ram today and they are actually helping with my situation that is ongoing. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I can't say RamDIDNTcare in my case.

Bin01123

Reaction score
Attached is a picture of the error I’m getting on the dash. It doesn’t happen every time I drive the car but comes on about half the time. Thought my issue might be connected to the 48v battery. I bought this truck used and I’m not sure if the truck sat up for any length of time. I know that can be bad for some 12v batteries but not sure how that could impact the 48v batteries these trucks have

***UPDATE***

The deanship was wrong. They said I needed a 12V Battery and the reason I kept getting the Start/Stop error message was because I didn't drive the truck enough. That was incorrect. Once I was able to read the error code when I got home, it showed code number P152E which is a "Engine Hood Switch 2 circuit high" After doing some digging, I learned this issue happens on other Chrysler automobiles and it was the hood switch that needs to be replaced. The part number was 68541273aa and the part was $20. (Please confirm it fits for your truck if you are doing this) Once I replaced this my issue went away and logically it makes sense to me. If the truck thinks the hood is open or has a problem, its going to want to try and change to state of the truck in some areas.

I used this video below as a reference for how to do this and it's pretty much the same for our trucks. I would try this first if you have this problem before buying a new 12V battery as this seems like a common problem for newer Chrysler vehicles. Hope this helps who may be having a similar issue. @Darksteel165 @W Six @RamCares @HSKR R/T

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

The deanship was wrong. They said I needed a 12V Battery and the reason I kept getting the Start/Stop error message was because I didn't drive the truck enough. That was incorrect. Once I was able to read the error code when I got home, it showed code number P152E which is a "Engine Hood Switch 2 circuit high" After doing some digging, I learned this issue happens on other Chrysler automobiles and it was the hood switch that needs to be replaced. The part number was 68541273aa and the part was $20. (Please confirm it fits for your truck if you are doing this) Once I replaced this my issue went away and logically it makes sense to me. If the truck thinks the hood is open or has a problem, its going to want to try and change to state of the truck in some areas.

I used this video below as a reference for how to do this and it's pretty much the same for our trucks. I would try this first if you have this problem before buying a new 12V battery as this seems like a common problem for newer Chrysler vehicles. Hope this helps who may be having a similar issue. @Darksteel165 @W Six @RamCares @HSKR R/T

I thought I was going to come on here and confirm what you said but........ I received a call from Ram today and they are actually helping with my situation that is ongoing. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I can't say RamDIDNTcare in my case.
This one didn't age well, LOL.

Glad you were able to get it fixed with your brief research that I would of expected Ram(to)care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online