5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing a subwoofer and amplifier with the alpine system

1quikz28

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. I have a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn with the alpine 9 speaker sound system. I am trying to add a 12 inch alpine type r and a Rockford fosgate 1200d amplifier to the factory alpine system. I'm having a tough time finding a working diagram to figure out which wires to tap my pac lp7-2 loc into. Has anyone done this or know how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20191108_171059.jpg
    20191108_171059.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 165

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
See if any of these help

Attachments

• ACTIVE-NOISE-CANCELLATION-SYSTEM---STAND-ALONE.pdf
    282.4 KB · Views: 379
  • AUDIO-SYSTEM---BASE.pdf
    320.6 KB · Views: 356
  • ram auido sys.pdf
    115.8 KB · Views: 350

phillip mcmillen

Reaction score
Any luck? I'm pretty much doing the same exact thing today. I'm hoping to find some info so I dont tap into stuff here and there. Either way I'll post my steps as soon as I'm done

Clayssport

Reaction score
Tap into the sub wires behind the back passenger seat where the sub is. Feed to your loc. Ive done this in my past 2 rams with the alpine. It dosen't give the greatest signal but its ok. Im doing mine proper this time around. Kenwood xr600-6dsp and maestro ar.. will finally get real flat signal for my subs..
Good luck

Clayssport

Reaction score
Or you can get the pac ampro and get a good signal, little pricey for what it is.. at that price point i would do a real dsp..

Vhidatski

Reaction score
Doing the same, using lc2i, any tips on which wires to tap into, can't access sub (not even sure if I have any since my back seat don't fold down (only up, no latch to pull). Have Alpine system.

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks,

Nibis

Reaction score
I just ordered the Fox dual 10 inch sealed box. I like a sealed sound and the idea of having storage behind the box. Going to load it with JL 10W0's in parallel with my Alpine MVR-M500. I plan of just grabbing the signal from the stock amp. The MVR-M500 turns on with the audio signal input, so no need for a remote wire. I will install a remote adjustment knob as well. Now, I know the stock system is a weird 3 voice coils deal, just need to figure out one of the channels positive and negative to tap into. Any direction to that would be helpful, thanks

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Doing the same, using lc2i, any tips on which wires to tap into, can't access sub (not even sure if I have any since my back seat don't fold down (only up, no latch to pull). Have Alpine system.

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks,
Yeah, you need to remove the rear passenger seat by removing 2 18mm bolts and two Torx screws that attaches the bench to the floor... then the back of the seat slides up and out of the anchor points.

Vhidatski

Reaction score
Yeah, you need to remove the rear passenger seat by removing 2 18mm bolts and two Torx screws that attaches the bench to the floor... then the back of the seat slides up and out of the anchor points.

Thanks for the info.

Will have to find another place for the amp instead, it'll be challenging to access amp for further tuning.

Built2Serve

Reaction score
I just ordered the Fox dual 10 inch sealed box. I like a sealed sound and the idea of having storage behind the box. Going to load it with JL 10W0's in parallel with my Alpine MVR-M500. I plan of just grabbing the signal from the stock amp. The MVR-M500 turns on with the audio signal input, so no need for a remote wire. I will install a remote adjustment knob as well. Now, I know the stock system is a weird 3 voice coils deal, just need to figure out one of the channels positive and negative to tap into. Any direction to that would be helpful, thanks
Just ordered my box from Fox. What did you tap into for the LOC?

Seankurz

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram rebel with the alpine system and anc... I found this on crutchfields website regarding the pacamp- Screenshot_20210529-221150_Samsung Internet.jpg
they said it's not compatible so I'm still looking for a solution that will allow me to do an active 3way setup up front and subs in the rear, here's my plan: system paint.jpg

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how do i know if my truck has anc.. i have the factory alp system and its a 2021 eco diesel

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
how do i know if my truck has anc.. i have the factory alp system and its a 2021 eco diesel
Look at your headliner. If there are 6 microphones you have it. Two are for your u connect voice. The other four are the ANC.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look at your headliner. If there are 6 microphones you have it. Two are for your u connect voice. The other four are the ANC.
not gonna lie idk haha i think i only see two

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 97

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
not gonna lie idk haha i think i only see two
Yep. Looks like no ANC for you. It would be four of the mics up front and two in the rear. You can't miss them.

I have the system but have not noticed it yet. I haven't hit the 500 mile mark yet so I am sure there is a lot I haven't noticed. This truck has come a long way since my last Dodge. 1977 military surplus. It didn't even have power steering. It was a beast though!

Users who are viewing this thread