5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing a subwoofer and amplifier with the alpine system

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. Looks like no ANC for you. It would be four of the mics up front and two in the rear. You can't miss them.

I have the system but have not noticed it yet. I haven't hit the 500 mile mark yet so I am sure there is a lot I haven't noticed. This truck has come a long way since my last Dodge. 1977 military surplus. It didn't even have power steering. It was a beast though!
yay good news so i can most likey just tie into my amp. and add a another sub and maybe two tweeters in the rear ? im honesty thinking of just adding a 8 inch sub... btw i was in marines and when the humveee lost power steering lets just say it wasnt fun

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you don't have ANC but even for the ones that have it, It's fairly easy to disable, either by bypassing the main harness(30 seconds and $20 part) or clipping the wires at the harness...

1lowcab

Reaction score
Does someone have a picture of the other mics for ANC? I thought the eTorque trucks came with ANC but mine only has the 2 mics up front. But mine is a v6 eTorque so maybe they don't get ANC????

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Does someone have a picture of the other mics for ANC? I thought the eTorque trucks came with ANC but mine only has the 2 mics up front. But mine is a v6 eTorque so maybe they don't get ANC????
Only Hemi gets ANC. V6 and ED are not ANC-Equipped.
These are the ANC mics:
s-l400.jpg

Jkdubb7

Reaction score
Greetings, So I went after this challenge to wire up the Alpine System on my 2021 Ram 1500 after I could find no clear instructions across the web. Special thanks to MBORO19Ram for the schematics in his post. They were 90% helpful, Crutchfield was stumped when I called about how to overcome this problem.

My plan was to change all my door and dash speakers and install a sub.

Equipment:
3.5inch Infinity Reference 3032cfx in the 3 dash locations
6x9 Infinity Reference 9633ix in the 4 doors
AudioControl LC2i Pro to wire in the sub
Sub: JL Audio ACS110LG-TW1

I used the process of elimination to figure out how to get a full range highpass signal to the AC LC2i Pro. Knowing that the sub had 3 wires running to its 3 voice coils, I figured I needed to find those to get the output signal out of the alpine amp. (Photos attached should explain) I did not use the sub wires, I used the rear Left and Right door speaker wires to pull the signal to my LC2i Pro. The small gray plug had some wires with colors that corresponded to speakers also creating some confusion for me. The epiphany came when I saw there was no input for the sub wires so I determined the large gray plug had to be the output harness.

As a Bonus the Alpine speakers are not paper and foam cones. They have a rubber surround and what looks like a polypropylene woofer cone. I cut the screen off for easier visibility. Photos attached.

Before I wired the speaker wires directly to the LC2iPro, I tested the connection by connecting them to the old speakers; It worked.

To make this long story short, the photos attached show the Alpine Amp plugs and my wiring solution.

I have got a ton of help from you guys so hopefully this helps as I try to give back.
20210618_143153.jpg 20210618_143142.jpg 20210618_142948.jpg

20210618_142033.jpg

Attachments

• 20210618_144012.jpg
    20210618_144012.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 40

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greetings, So I went after this challenge to wire up the Alpine System on my 2021 Ram 1500 after I could find no clear instructions across the web. Special thanks to MBORO19Ram for the schematics in his post. They were 90% helpful, Crutchfield was stumped when I called about how to overcome this problem.

My plan was to change all my door and dash speakers and install a sub.

Equipment:
3.5inch Infinity Reference 3032cfx in the 3 dash locations
6x9 Infinity Reference 9633ix in the 4 doors
AudioControl LC2i Pro to wire in the sub
Sub: JL Audio ACS110LG-TW1

I used the process of elimination to figure out how to get a full range highpass signal to the AC LC2i Pro. Knowing that the sub had 3 wires running to its 3 voice coils, I figured I needed to find those to get the output signal out of the alpine amp. (Photos attached should explain) I did not use the sub wires, I used the rear Left and Right door speaker wires to pull the signal to my LC2i Pro. The small gray plug had some wires with colors that corresponded to speakers also creating some confusion for me. The epiphany came when I saw there was no input for the sub wires so I determined the large gray plug had to be the output harness.

As a Bonus the Alpine speakers are not paper and foam cones. They have a rubber surround and what looks like a polypropylene woofer cone. I cut the screen off for easier visibility. Photos attached.

Before I wired the speaker wires directly to the LC2iPro, I tested the connection by connecting them to the old speakers; It worked.

To make this long story short, the photos attached show the Alpine Amp plugs and my wiring solution.

I have got a ton of help from you guys so hopefully this helps as I try to give back.
View attachment 97207 View attachment 97208 View attachment 97209

View attachment 97210

Attachments

• 103_1603.JPG
    103_1603.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 103_1585.JPG
    103_1585.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 60

Rlandon

Reaction score
Wouldn't this sub work (Memphis Audio 10" triple voice coil) and use the connector to the factory sub behind the back seat? I can build a sub box for under seat mounting or build atop the factory plastic box if the seat has the clearance. The only thing I'm not sure of is the depth at the moment and fitting underneath the rear seat in a self made box. I'll need to go out and measure once it gets light outside. Also, not sure if the Alpine amp could drive it. I'm not going for a door rattling sound system but some simple deep bass at low to moderate volumes. It's pricey, but if I don't have to install amps and LOC's then it's the same.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-JvnDo8xYJvm/p_953M71012/Memphis-Audio-M71012.html?XVINQ=SX5&XVVer=MGQ&awcp=&awcr=462648924930&awdv=c&awkw=+memphis +m71012&awmt=b&awnw=s&awug=9011613&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxonHw7-o8QIVjb7ICh2cXQ5gEAAYASAAEgIAAfD_BwE

Attachments

• g953M71012-F.jpg
    g953M71012-F.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
Wouldn't this sub work (Memphis Audio 10" triple voice coil) and use the connector to the factory sub behind the back seat? I can build a sub box for under seat mounting or build atop the factory plastic box if the seat has the clearance. The only thing I'm not sure of is the depth at the moment and fitting underneath the rear seat in a self made box. I'll need to go out and measure once it gets light outside. Also, not sure if the Alpine amp could drive it. I'm not going for a door rattling sound system but some simple deep bass at low to moderate volumes. It's pricey, but if I don't have to install amps and LOC's then it's the same.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-JvnDo8xYJvm/p_953M71012/Memphis-Audio-M71012.html?XVINQ=SX5&XVVer=MGQ&awcp=&awcr=462648924930&awdv=c&awkw=+memphis +m71012&awmt=b&awnw=s&awug=9011613&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxonHw7-o8QIVjb7ICh2cXQ5gEAAYASAAEgIAAfD_BwE
Had the same idea. No way, They claim them as triple coil, but 2 coils are only for the impedance change. This sub is designed for the connection to the single coil amp.

Rlandon

Reaction score
Had the same idea. No way, They claim them as triple coil, but 2 coils are only for the impedance change. This sub is designed for the connection to the single coil amp.
I ended up buying the JL Stealthbox and using my JL HD900/5 amp. Already swapped out the doors and dash so this will be easy.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
It seems like there would be far more to gain by replacing the factory sub enclosure than the sub itself, especially on models with the added complexity of ANC.
I haven't build a sub box in a few decades but I won several soundoffs back in the day with a cheap 10" Alpine woofer that would humble the competition Pyles I had been running previously, and with only a fraction of the wattage.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like there would be far more to gain by replacing the factory sub enclosure than the sub itself, especially on models with the added complexity of ANC.
I haven't build a sub box in a few decades but I won several soundoffs back in the day with a cheap 10" Alpine woofer that would humble the competition Pyles I had been running previously, and with only a fraction of the wattage.
Very interesting approach. What would you do with the sub box, considering that you can't make it bigger, to get more bass out of it?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Sorry, I am not familiar with this word "can't". ;)

I haven't played around in the cab of this truck at all so I don't know what space is available behind the rear seats, nor do I know the mounted depth of the sub.
It wouldn't be the end of the world to have to go back under the seat but if the existing box is behind the seat, it must have the depth, so now the box just becomes wider.?.?.?

Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
Sorry, I am not familiar with this word "can't". ;)

I haven't played around in the cab of this truck at all so I don't know what space is available behind the rear seats, nor do I know the mounted depth of the sub.
It wouldn't be the end of the world to have to go back under the seat but if the existing box is behind the seat, it must have the depth, so now the box just becomes wider.?.?.?
Kicker 10" subwoofer box is perfectly sitting behind the rear seat. I am still thinking how to adopt Alpine sub to this enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread