5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed bilstein 5100 with rough country forged uca

Pandyman

Reaction score
Any chance you have a full side picture of before and after for comparison? Truck looks great by the way and I think I'll be ordering some RC UCA's now thanks to you. Still waiting on my 5100 order. Pandemic shipping is crap
I do not have any before and after pictures. Sorry.

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
Truck sits perfectly level and love it wouldn’t want it any other way. But I did set it on the 5th setting with the intention of doing the vice design hidden winch so I will get a little bit of rake back. View attachment 63907
your truck looks great! I intend to do the same setup on my off road 1500 also.
How's the squatting under load? I'd like mine setup with a little bit of rake I think

MurdaRam

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on the 5100 and rough country forged upper control arms. I have had this set up on for a little over 3 months and am beyond happy with every part of it. I was hesitant at first going with rough country but all those fears have been laid to rest. The alignment Is perfect no issues and ride quality it perfect how I like it I did take my front sway bar out and personally think that it’s the way the truck should ride and think it allows the independent front suspension to actually work independently like it should. Anyone looking for a budget friendly mild off-road type “build” you should strongly consider this route. View attachment 63796 View attachment 63797 View attachment 63798 View attachment 63799 View attachment 63800 And for those that are curious about the articulation I will post some pics and pics are when the rear tire started to slip.
Have you checked the UCA at full droop? Does it come in contact like the spring? Thanks

Pandyman

Reaction score
your truck looks great! I intend to do the same setup on my off road 1500 also.
How's the squatting under load? I'd like mine setup with a little bit of rake I think
With my camper it squats and is nose high but I’m putting bags on it once it warms back up

ecke555

Reaction score
I see Rough Country UCA ONLY fits models with 3 to 3.5-inches of suspension lift,
Just putting this out there for those who maybe wondering like I was just before I decided to do it. First of all the rough country forged uca are a lot nicer than I expected for a rough country product. I have never been a big fan of them at all and have avoided them in any project I have done from my Jeep jk to this truck. If you have any question let me know View attachment 57035 View attachment 57036 View attachment 57037 View attachment 57038
I see Rough Country UCA ONLY fits models with 3 to 3.5-inches of suspension lift, is your lift 3 inch or 2inch?

Atxram

Reaction score
What is the total lift height in front? Thinking of going this route and adding a 1” spacer in the rear.

Pandyman

Reaction score
What is the total lift height in front? Thinking of going this route and adding a 1” spacer in the rear.
With the 1 inch factory lift on the off road package plus the 2 inches with the 5100’s gets it to be 3 inches over a standard ram 1500. I have checked this with a base model ram.

Carl

Reaction score
I Have a 2020 1500 night edition... I put 5100s on the 3 ring which is 2 above stock...I did not do the UCAs...does anyone know if they are nessasary to have done...

ecke555

Reaction score
I`m confused, you say you have your Bilsteins 5100 set at clip number 5 and you have the ORP package on your Ram, so that would be a 1 inch lift for the ORP package and 1 inch more with the Bilstein`s set at clip 5 total for a total lift of 2 inches, not a 3 inch lift correct. The 5100s will accept 1” lift on a ORP truck. I talked with Bilstein about this and they confirmed this you only get 1" more of lift for a total of 2 inches. Looking to get the Rough Country upper control arms as you have, but they say 3 to 3.5 inch lift only.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I`m confused, you say you have your Bilsteins 5100 set at clip number 5 and you have the ORP package on your Ram, so that would be a 1 inch lift for the ORP package and 1 inch more with the Bilstein`s set at clip 5 total for a total lift of 2 inches, not a 3 inch lift correct. The 5100s will accept 1” lift on a ORP truck. I talked with Bilstein about this and they confirmed this you only get 1" more of lift for a total of 2 inches. Looking to get the Rough Country upper control arms as you have, but they say 3 to 3.5 inch lift only.
I think it would be 3” of lift. If the bilsteins were already accommodating the 1” ORP factory lift the #1 circlip for ORP would say 1” of lift. Right? F0FFD669-EB37-47F9-A4C4-4870AE919C5B.png

Manuel

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I myself am waiting for the 6112 kit from bilstein, front and rear for a 2019 4x4 Laramie with ORP. I not sure which setting ill be using. I have currently 22" in the front and 24 3/4 in the back. (Rake of 2.75) and I will like it to be kind of leveled. Hopefully I use the correct settings on the rings. I will get this UCA, thanks again keep it up.

Last edited:

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but did you mention that you have the Off Road Package ? So 1" higher front and rear from the start ?

Pandyman

Reaction score
I Have a 2020 1500 night edition... I put 5100s on the 3 ring which is 2 above stock...I did not do the UCAs...does anyone know if they are nessasary to have done...
No bilstein has put a lot of research into these and they say that you do not need aftermarket ucas even at there maximum recommended height settings. I just got them because I am harder on things and wanted to try and get a little more travel out of my front end.

Pandyman

Reaction score
My truck sits a little over 3” over a base model 4x4 truck when I first installed them do not remember the measurements between the 2 anymore. On the 5th clip it is 2 inches of lift then you have the 1 inch taller spring from factory making it a total of 3 inches

Pandyman

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I myself am waiting for the 6112 kit from bilstein, front and rear for a 2019 4x4 Laramie with ORP. I not sure which setting ill be using. I have currently 22" in the front and 24 3/4 in the back. (Rake of 2.75) and I will like it to be kind of leveled. Hopefully I use the correct settings on the rings. I will get this UCA, thanks again keep it up.
Not a problem. I wasn’t patient enough to get the 6112 and the 5160. But am still happy with the 5100. I liked them so much I just bought a set for my yj. And it’s really simple to do. I am going to put bags in the rear to help when pulling my camper to keep it level.

JbVt

Reaction score
@Pandyman, thank you for this. I believe this is just what I was looking for. Pictures of the bj and cv angles on an ORG ram, 5100 on #5 and the rough country forged uca. Those angles look great to me. How is it holding up since you’ve had it? My only addition will be the rear 5100s and a motofab 1” coil spacer to keep a smidge of rake.

Pandyman

Reaction score
@Pandyman, thank you for this. I believe this is just what I was looking for. Pictures of the bj and cv angles on an ORG ram, 5100 on #5 and the rough country forged uca. Those angles look great to me. How is it holding up since you’ve had it? My only addition will be the rear 5100s and a motofab 1” coil spacer to keep a smidge of rake.
So far so good only minor complaint is the caps for the grease zerk have been lost on both sides but other than that still love it.

pounds

Reaction score
I know this post is old, but I was wondering what you did with the abs cable. Is there a tab on the uca to re-attach or does it just hang?

Users who are viewing this thread