5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you've had the rear window leak...

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to twist your panties. I just wanted to make sure that other members know this is not a recall to possibly save them from embarrassment or wasting their time at the dealership. You won't find the word "recall" anywhere in that TSB. And since I didn't receive said email, I have no way of knowing what was in the subject line. I was simply stating fact. Your post indicated it was a recall. There is a difference between a TSB and a recall.

For anyone else that is wondering, you can easily find out if your VIN is included in the warranty extension by visiting the ramtrucks.com website and logging in to your account (or creating one if you don't already have an account). There is a section where you can check to see if any warranty extensions apply to your vehicle.
No panty twist or irritation on my part just wanted to pass along what Stellantis called it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Recalls are for safety related issues not parts defects that do not affect safety.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update for mine: Dealer needed the truck for an entire day to make the warranty claim, since apparently Ram will ask for random pictures. Warranty approved with no issues, and they actually have the part in stock, so it'll go in next Monday to get it replaced.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had mine replaced twice. First for cracked frame at 3 years and 35k miles, second for slide window seal leak at 57k miles and just under 2 years after first replacement. Not happy at all with quality of this part.
They released a new part, in June or July, last year. So you don't feel quite as bad, GM used the same supplier, and has the same issue. You probably won't feel better, but at least we're not alone.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took them about 3 hours to replace it, said don't wash it directly on the window or slam the doors for 24 hours. It's supposed to rain like 4 inches over the next two days, so maybe I'll try to cram it into the garage and make my wife's car sit in the rain.
:LOL:

jman307

Reaction score
They released a new part, in June or July, last year. So you don't feel quite as bad, GM used the same supplier, and has the same issue. You probably won't feel better, but at least we're not alone.
I’ve already got a case # with Ramcare and I’m pushing for a lifetime warranty on my truck for the rear glass assy. Just initiated it so working through the process. Ramcare rep I spoke with is advocating on my behalf as this is completely unacceptable. Hope that the higher ups approve.

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
Expose the Dealership here.
What is their name and location?
Up date to my leaky window . Dealer in Benton Harbor Michigan ( Brookfield dodge dealership ) . So as ya’ll are aware we had video and Pictures of it leaking after they installed the window and told us they couldn’t duplicate it . Yet we were adamant about it leaking to them and about further damages like the headline , carpet and the backseats that are heated and cooled . They told Dr. Glass third party now T to warranty their work . So we informed Chrysler of the situation and since we are back in Pittsburgh it has leaked now for a couple of months now and Chrysler is expediting the back window ( 1 May 2024 ) it’s on back order after taking it to a dealership here in Pittsburgh area and they also did a leak test and with in a matter of seconds it start leaking . We reached out to Brookfield Dealership in Michigan about their findings and requested our money back for the half *** job that was done . They stated 1 Mohpar wouldn’t honor the warranty if we got our money back and 2 told us they have pictures and video of their water test which we just requested a copy of . It’s leaked from basically day 1 when we got it back and ever since . Chrysler is covering the glass and now my wife and I are worried of the headliner and any thing else that could be damaged since it’s been a couple of months now that it’s been on going . Especially we just had heavy rains that flooded the Pittsburgh area and are calling for more rain over the next few days .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Up date to my leaky window . Dealer in Benton Harbor Michigan ( Brookfield dodge dealership ) . So as ya’ll are aware we had video and Pictures of it leaking after they installed the window and told us they couldn’t duplicate it . Yet we were adamant about it leaking to them and about further damages like the headline , carpet and the backseats that are heated and cooled . They told Dr. Glass third party now T to warranty their work . So we informed Chrysler of the situation and since we are back in Pittsburgh it has leaked now for a couple of months now and Chrysler is expediting the back window ( 1 May 2024 ) it’s on back order after taking it to a dealership here in Pittsburgh area and they also did a leak test and with in a matter of seconds it start leaking . We reached out to Brookfield Dealership in Michigan about their findings and requested our money back for the half *** job that was done . They stated 1 Mohpar wouldn’t honor the warranty if we got our money back and 2 told us they have pictures and video of their water test which we just requested a copy of . It’s leaked from basically day 1 when we got it back and ever since . Chrysler is covering the glass and now my wife and I are worried of the headliner and any thing else that could be damaged since it’s been a couple of months now that it’s been on going . Especially we just had heavy rains that flooded the Pittsburgh area and are calling for more rain over the next few days .
Yes, it sucks when the headliner, carpet, and seats get soaked and possibly stained. But the bigger thing to worry about is the electronics mounted to the back wall of the cab, unprotected from water. Specifically the RF hub. When that goes it's more than an inconvenience, eyesore, or unpleasant odor. It makes the truck basically a giant brick. Completely unusable. And not to mention, at least in my case, the three month wait for the new RF hub to come in. You might want to consider using a car cover until they're able to get the rear window replaced if you're expecting that much rain. Sure, it's inconvenient. But at least you'll still get to use the truck. Just a little advice from someone who has gone through that.

blackbelt135

Reaction score
A few months ago I noticed my rear window had a small crack in the frame and there were a couple water drops inside the cab. I went through my insurance company and had the entire window replaced by SafeLite Auto Glass. This weekend I noticed my rear window is leaking BAD - a lot of water on the inside.
I'm going to replace the 3rd brake light gasket, but I'm assuming it's the new window since the leak went from a little to a lot. Thoughts?
Photo of wet interior attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7833.JPG
    IMG_7833.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

speedracernc

Reaction score
My 19 Ram 1500 backlite is leaking water in from the passenger side corner along with the CHMSL. The water intrusion also cause the defroster tab to detach from the window. Spoke with my dealership and they said only the CHMSL is covered under the extended warranty for my VIN. Contacted Ram and they told me there was nothing they could do about it and could not explain why my VIN is not included in the extended warranty. This might be my last Ram…..
I am having the same problem. Makes no sense.

GMetal

Reaction score
A few months ago I noticed my rear window had a small crack in the frame and there were a couple water drops inside the cab. I went through my insurance company and had the entire window replaced by SafeLite Auto Glass. This weekend I noticed my rear window is leaking BAD - a lot of water on the inside.
I'm going to replace the 3rd brake light gasket, but I'm assuming it's the new window since the leak went from a little to a lot. Thoughts?
Photo of wet interior attached.
spray water on the potential problem areas to check.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
it seems the rear sliding window is poorly designed by the suppliers; this is a big issue across multiple brands. I had the same thing with my 2021 Silverado I had to have the back window completely replaced. I would rather just have a solid window to be honest about it. I never had a problem with those.

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
Yes, it sucks when the headliner, carpet, and seats get soaked and possibly stained. But the bigger thing to worry about is the electronics mounted to the back wall of the cab, unprotected from water. Specifically the RF hub. When that goes it's more than an inconvenience, eyesore, or unpleasant odor. It makes the truck basically a giant brick. Completely unusable. And not to mention, at least in my case, the three month wait for the new RF hub to come in. You might want to consider using a car cover until they're able to get the rear window replaced if you're expecting that much rain. Sure, it's inconvenient. But at least you'll still get to use the truck. Just a little advice from someone who has gone through that.
Well here is the latest , 29th April took it to the dealership here in Pittsburgh after work in the morning and got a call from the dealership after months dealing with the leaking back window . Told me they ordered the wrong part and willnt be in til 01 June .

Users who are viewing this thread