5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some TRX take offs on my Rebel

rossvdm3

Reaction score
View attachment 152247 View attachment 152248 Father son project complete. I ended up using 1.5 spacers with some minor trimming. No rub.
Looks great! Would you mind posting some more pics from different angles? I'm installing the same tires/wheels on my rebel but idk if the 1.5 spacer has too much poke. I've been considering 1 or 1.25 inch but it's a hassle to find that size/install. Thanks!

cookjs

Reaction score
Looks great! Would you mind posting some more pics from different angles? I'm installing the same tires/wheels on my rebel but idk if the 1.5 spacer has too much poke. I've been considering 1 or 1.25 inch but it's a hassle to find that size/install. Thanks!
I will try to get pics tomorrow. Personally i preferred how they looked with 2 inch spacers but even with my lift and some trim there just wasn't clearance for full turn. It also appeared to me that anything less than 1.5 spacer would require shorter wheel studs.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i wonder do you need spacers with trx rims even with a bit of a lift ?

rossvdm3

Reaction score
i wonder do you need spacers with trx rims even with a bit of a lift ?
From what I've researched, with a lift and trx wheels/tires, you need at least a 1/4 spacer in front and no spacer in the rear. That's a tight squeeze though so people recommend going a little wider and/or new control arms. A lot variables based on your particular set up.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I've researched, with a lift and trx wheels/tires, you need at least a 1/4 spacer in front and no spacer in the rear. That's a tight squeeze though so people recommend going a little wider and/or new control arms. A lot variables based on your particular set up.
i have different uca so im trying to fiqure out if i need spacers or not lol dammmmm

vadedram

Reaction score
I will try to get pics tomorrow. Personally i preferred how they looked with 2 inch spacers but even with my lift and some trim there just wasn't clearance for full turn. It also appeared to me that anything less than 1.5 spacer would require shorter wheel studs.
Did you do any metal trimming or just plastic trimming? If you did metal trimming did you just trim the metal tab off or did you do more?

Julio13

Reaction score
ffd7ed87eaadc3ac20f63e1a77f8f780.jpg

I got the spare tire to “fit” without any modifications. Tire probably has 15k mi, which helps. No modifications.

How did you install do you have pictures to have an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vadedram

Reaction score
How did you install do you have pictures to have an idea

yes please tell us if you had to modify anything for the spare to fit. im about to find another rim for a spare.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After seeing a few trucks here and this video (not sure if posted before), I am really tempted to do this. Get that OEM+ look I usually prefer.

Solracer

Reaction score
After seeing a few trucks here and this video (not sure if posted before), I am really tempted to do this. Get that OEM+ look I usually prefer.

You don't have to cut the studs on TRX swaps because they, like most factory wheels have the recess' notched out to clear them. Just and FYI.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You don't have to cut the studs on TRX swaps because they, like most factory wheels have the recess' notched out to clear them. Just and FYI.

That makes sense, I thought the same thing watching the video, I thought maybe he was doing it because he was using smaller spacers to keep the wheels more tucked in versus the traditional thicker spacers other people are using.

Chicotunner07

Reaction score
Glad i found this forum thread! I bought TRX takeoffs and am waiting to install.

For anyone wondering, the OEM Rebel stud length (with brake rotor still on) is exactly 40mm. Additionally, the stud "pocket" on the back of the TRX wheels measured in at just over 11mm.

I measured because i wanted to run the smallest spacer possible, I've ordered a 1.25 inch spacer (31.75mm) which should leave me with about 2-3mm of stud pocket clearance.

If anyone is interested i can take pictures of everything when i do the install.

Thanks 👍

Julio13

Reaction score
yes please tell us if you had to modify anything for the spare to fit. im about to find another rim for a spare.

Just put in the spare it was a tight fit but it went up there I did notice the truck felt the weight of it when I was cranking it up

Users who are viewing this thread