5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some TRX take offs on my Rebel

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
I saw this new Rebel at the dealer today. Dealer upgraded with TRX wheels/tires and Fox coil overs sitting on the lot.
It looks like the tire flexed enough on a corner to rub on the upper control arm.
Thanks to this forum, I’m waiting on my BORA wheel spacers to arrive before installing my TRX take offs.
It touched barely but it’ll mess up things without a spacer, i can’t wait to see yours

Loupygarou

Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my Bora spacers, hopefully they arrive soon.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I saw this new Rebel at the dealer today. Dealer upgraded with TRX wheels/tires and Fox coil overs sitting on the lot.
It looks like the tire flexed enough on a corner to rub on the upper control arm.
Thanks to this forum, I’m waiting on my BORA wheel spacers to arrive before installing my TRX take offs.
are you aware that the stock upper control arm is re enforced plastic with a metal cap on top. try sticking a magnet to it underneath.
suggest changing those out to something better like Rough Country.

taskhaa

Reaction score

Loupygarou

Reaction score
TRX has a wide body kit which won't let the tire rub. Can't find that on the market at this moment :(
The wider trx suspension also moves the tires further out from the body. Between the suspension and wider fenders, the TRX has plenty of room!
I’ll be getting a leveling lift soon, and that will help, after the heat gun treatment it’s not hitting any longer. At the angle the wheels are turned when it rubbed, it would be unlikely to rub with the lift, unless rock crawling which I won’t be doing.

taskhaa

Reaction score
The wider trx suspension also moves the tires further out from the body. Between the suspension and wider fenders, the TRX has plenty of room!
I’ll be getting a leveling lift soon, and that will help, after the heat gun treatment it’s not hitting any longer. At the angle the wheels are turned when it rubbed, it would be unlikely to rub with the lift, unless rock crawling which I won’t be doing.
Please post the pics after you have hime leveled! All the best!

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
My Bora 1.25” spacers arrived today. The tires stick out a bit more than I thought they would. I had rubbing on both sides, a little on the passenger, a lot on the drivers. Some massaging with the heat gun fixed it for now. View attachment 92805 View attachment 92806 View attachment 92807
Looks great i also had to do the fender liner mod and have a maybe 1 1/2” front @ back revel links to lift and it never rubs even in Aero mode i can use entry/exit too but no turning then it would rub but it’s good for loading & unloading

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
TRX suspension is 3” wider on both sides

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
Also factory air pressure for those wheels & tires is 37# I’m running 36# changed my set points to 37 with Tazer DT

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
I picked up some TRX take offs as well. (No beadlock) I was already running BORA spacers F&R so I should be good and a little rubbing on the plastic fender spat on each side. They go on Friday as they are going to swap in my sensors and rebalance just to make sure. The drivers side required a little more trimming and heat gun manipulation. Good to go and looks great!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/