5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s more like 1000. But if they come pick me up if I fly in, I was told they’d pick me up in my truck for the ride back to the dealership. That’s another 300 or so miles round trip.

Why would you go back to the dealership? Unless that's something you request, all of the paperwork is done prior to delivery of the truck. I bought a truck from them but didn't fly down to pick it up (had mine delivered to me in NY) but I have heard of several other forum members that flew in and simply drove away with their new truck.

scubes13

Reaction score
Why would you go back to the dealership? Unless that's something you request, all of the paperwork is done prior to delivery of the truck. I bought a truck from them but didn't fly down to pick it up (had mine delivered to me in NY) but I have heard of several other forum members that flew in and simply drove away with their new truck.
I was reading another thread about doing a close inspection of the truck before accepting it. Would you just do this at the airport? Drive off if it all looks good, or head back to the dealership if there was a concern?

Assuming I just drove on home, what are my options of having something addressed if I discover it once I am home or on the way home?

(It is totally possible I am overthinking this. 😉. But this is the first time I have ordered a vehicle to be built and I don’t want to screw up a $60-70k purchase.)

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was reading another thread about doing a close inspection of the truck before accepting it. Would you just do this at the airport? Drive off if it all looks good, or head back to the dealership if there was a concern?

Assuming I just drove on home, what are my options of having something addressed if I discover it once I am home or on the way home?

(It is totally possible I am overthinking this. 😉. But this is the first time I have ordered a vehicle to be built and I don’t want to screw up a $60-70k purchase.)

Well that would be the trade off, you would have to do your inspecting at the airport rather than the dealership. At that point you can do whatever you want if there is a problem (depending on what the actual problem was would determine weather I would go back to the dealership or just head home, personally). We are all different in terms of what we are comfortable doing, and this is why some do go straight to the dealership rather than meeting at the airport, and then people like me have skipped that all together and perhaps taken the biggest gamble by having it shipped to them without ever getting a mile closer to the dealership than where we live.

Originally I was going to drive down and back, but then I sold my trade in myself for much more than I was offered at the dealer and that plan went out the window. My truck showed up without any issue and has been great for the past 5500 miles over the past 3+ months but it's all a crapshoot. Also, by the time my truck was arriving we were way to busy to take a road trip so delivery really ended up being my only option, so that made my decision a lot easier.

I'd rather overthink something like this than underthink it, like you said it's a big purchase and there is no end to threads on these forums about buyers regret from people not doing enough homework before buying. So I encourage your overthinking this, just don't let it get too crazy!

Also I'm with you on being a first timer, I had never bought new before let alone ordered a vehicle. I'm glad I got fortunate and so far have come out good on the deal.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
I have a question on that FFP pricing, the companies listed where it says fleet, employees only, does that mean individuals working for said company wouldn't get the pricing just the company fleet vehicles? Guess I was a little confused what that meant on that company list sheet.

dsbull

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a first responder discount ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
Reached out to Mark Dodge and like many others, got a price right off the bat of ~12% off MSRP.
MSRP - $70505
Price - $61952

With the markups everywhere and insane used prices, this almost becomes a no-brainer.
pick it up. drive it home. bring it to your local CJDR and theyll offer you more than you paid

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bear in mind too that if that truck just came in off the truck and it was inspected properly, you likely have little to worry about. This is especially true with a Mark Dodge style dealership that regularly deals with people flying in to buy. Where you're likely to find something missed is on the "new truck" with 200-500 miles on it that everyone has test driven and climbed all over. I went over our minivan with a fine tooth comb before I signed off on it. It had less than 30 miles on it though and I couldn't find a problem anywhere. After 20,000 miles I can point out all kinds of places I try to ignore when I'm cleaning it up 😛

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received a quote from Mark Dodge for 8.5% off MSRP for a Laramie or Limited, doc fee up to $450. Curious if y'all are seeing anything better.
That very well may be the best they can do. Margins are tighter right now. Early on, Mark Dodge was doing 13% off of Limiteds, at least on those of us that are pretty stacked on options. It's hard to give big discounts when they have fewer trucks coming in.

packer27

Reaction score
I ordered through Granger Motors (they’re pretty active on the TRX forums) and ended up about 12-13% under MSRP on my Limited

tadow

Reaction score
That very well may be the best they can do. Margins are tighter right now. Early on, Mark Dodge was doing 13% off of Limiteds, at least on those of us that are pretty stacked on options. It's hard to give big discounts when they have fewer trucks coming in.

I was wrong - Mark Dodge did about 13% here too. Doc/notary/tags fee is up to $444 but they also just started a $300 bonus. Sandi let me know about the bonus after I'd let her know I was good with the sales price, so that was pretty nice and unexpected. Great experience so far!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wrong - Mark Dodge did about 13% here too. Doc/notary/tags fee is up to $444 but they also just started a $300 bonus. Sandi let me know about the bonus after I'd let her know I was good with the sales price, so that was pretty nice and unexpected. Great experience so far!
That's perfect. Those of us that ordered a while ago have a doc fee a shave under $200. They did give the courtesy of a heads up on the doc fee increase. Sounds like the $300 bonus negates that fee quite a bit.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
HELLO AGAIN,
I have a question, isn't there a site we can go to shop from if you were in the military that you can get discounts through?
My wife is retired AIR FORCE and she wants to get accessories for our sons new truck for Christmas so she wanted to know what the site was that she could sign up on and shop from?
She wants to get him some steps and tonneau cover and Hellwig rear sway bar.

Please advise Thanks

GM26J

Reaction score
Try this - worked for me. Send in an inquiry via email to a couple of dealers via their websites. I had one respond back with a $1000 off digital coupon which wasn't dealer specific. I ended up using it to purchase my Laramie and the dealer I purchased from happily accepted it. Can't hurt to try this and it only takes about 10 minutes to fire off a few email messages.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Try this - worked for me. Send in an inquiry via email to a couple of dealers via their websites. I had one respond back with a $1000 off digital coupon which wasn't dealer specific. I ended up using it to purchase my Laramie and the dealer I purchased from happily accepted it. Can't hurt to try this and it only takes about 10 minutes to fire off a few email messages.

Seriously there's this website that you can shop a lot of locations from and it gives you a military discount.

Trucker87

Reaction score
I am interested in using the Affiliates Program and using Access Funds or Tread Lightly to get a Control Number, and I am retired. I pulled up "what to bring to the dealer" and looking at 1 and 2, #1 is not a problem, getting a Control Number.

What do I do with #2, Proof of Eligibility? I never worked for Access Funds or Tread Lightly so I don't have any "proof of employment".

Thanks.

Attachments

• FCA Stuff Needed2.png
    FCA Stuff Needed2.png
    455.5 KB · Views: 23

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am interested in using the Affiliates Program and using Access Funds or Tread Lightly to get a Control Number, and I am retired. I pulled up "what to bring to the dealer" and looking at 1 and 2, #1 is not a problem, getting a Control Number.

What do I do with #2, Proof of Eligibility? I never worked for Access Funds or Tread Lightly so I don't have any "proof of employment".

Thanks.
After 30 days, you can use the email that contains a pdf copy of your membership.

Fyi...FYI... dealers are not taking affiliate pricing until the end of the year.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread