5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sent an email to Aaron this afternoon. He got back to me right away, and pricing was far better than I can do locally.
I wish I lived closer, and knew their service department was as good as his service. Seeing all the good reviews regarding him on here was a great help - so thanks!
I drove 1004 mile each way in 2.5 days to save 5,000$ and I’d do it again in a heart beat👍🏻

Last edited:

eaglemike

Reaction score
I drove 1004 mile each way in 2.5 days to save 5,000$ and I’d do it again in a heat beat👍🏻
It's a pretty good hike for me. Maps says a little over 24 hours driving one way, and I'm an old guy. :) Still thinking about it a little, since I have family between here and there. A little over 1600 miles, each way. It's hard for me to get away from the shop. I would fly one way and drive back, or just have it delivered. Aaron said he might have the VIN by Tuesday!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm closing in on being able to get in on Ram Truck Month in March. My truck still hasn't shown up to the dealership so if it holds out for a couple of more days I should be in the clear to wait until March 1st. I've heard that incentives either stay the same or get better each month, it never goes the opposite direction. Does that always hold true?

Right now I have 1K National Retail Cash, 1K Bonus Cash (that is good until April), $500 worth of Tread Lightly (compliments of Mark Dodge) and the incentive people tell me there are 2 $750 incentives I'm qualified for based on VIN/Zip Code. So I've got 4K worth which is nothing to sneeze yet.

Who would gamble $2500 worth of incentives (retail bonus cash + 2 $750 rebates) on the prospect of March being better than February like it seems like it always has been?

Redfour5

Reaction score
I'm closing in on being able to get in on Ram Truck Month in March. My truck still hasn't shown up to the dealership so if it holds out for a couple of more days I should be in the clear to wait until March 1st. I've heard that incentives either stay the same or get better each month, it never goes the opposite direction. Does that always hold true?

Right now I have 1K National Retail Cash, 1K Bonus Cash (that is good until April), $500 worth of Tread Lightly (compliments of Mark Dodge) and the incentive people tell me there are 2 $750 incentives I'm qualified for based on VIN/Zip Code. So I've got 4K worth which is nothing to sneeze yet.

Who would gamble $2500 worth of incentives (retail bonus cash + 2 $750 rebates) on the prospect of March being better than February like it seems like it always has been?
If you gotta trade, that makes all the difference now days. I had toyed with trading in 2020 before all the hyper market stuff and was offered under 15K for my 2015 Outdoorsman with 60K on it. Here last June at the peak, of the hyper market, They offered me 22K (cash) with 70K miles on it AND a shutting off at 65 mph problem they were having a problem diagnosing. They had a new one on the lot that I had to pay MSRP on, but it was still better than normal times and any incentives. AND, I got a great deal on the APR... So, it can be complicated. The price of used has dropped off since then. They woudn't give me 22K for that 2015 today...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Truecar discount still works?

The old URL takes you to a military discount page and the one I had expired the last day in 2021 >_<
I see there is still a Penfed discount but I never became a member as I had the Truecar discount and Mark Dodge claimed they couldn't accept the discount and lock it in, only at time of delivery.

U

User_3336

Beaman in Murfreesboro, TN was giving $5,000 dealer discount off a 2022 Ram 1500 as of today.

There was another 3,500 rebates if you financed with CCAP.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Its CCAP. Its Chrysler Capital, the company that finances for RAM. Its technical name is Santander USA.
Interesting ill need to see what Mark Dodge can do for that. I'm picking up my truck in 2 weeks or so and I didn't see any rebates for 2022 1500 Limited

U

User_3336

Interesting ill need to see what Mark Dodge can do for that. I'm picking up my truck in 2 weeks or so and I didn't see any rebates for 2022 1500 Limited
Sometimes you have to ask specifically for ALL rebates that might apply. Sometimes finance rebates are not included because everyone would not quality. On the other hand, some dealers use ever possible imaginable rebate to make the final price lower (again, not everyone would quality).

Get an incentive sheet specifically for your zip code from the DealerConnect system

ATXCam

Reaction score
TO the OP, such a detailed thread, thanks for the valuable info!

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Valuable? Oh, yeah.
I've bought two Rams in the last year, both factory ordered: a 2021 Laramie and a 2022 Big Horn

Laramie sticker price: 65.5, got it at 49.
Big Horn sticker price: 61, got it at 47.

(The "got it" is with all incentives, rebates, state tax, title, tags, etc., if I paid cash. Financing changes those numbers slightly. (0% Chrysler Capital cost $500-1000 in reduced incentives.))

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
22 Limited Longhorn 4x4 crew cab 5.7 all options except moon roof and bed cover
Window Sticker $77,975
Purchase price $65,130 which included -500 treadlighty and - 300 because truck showed up with a damaged fender flare and they also replace and fixed it!
-$2000 additional ram incentives. (1000 online coupon for the build site, 500 for financing with fca 500 first responder fca)

Out the door without PA tax
$63,130 + Document fee $220 which included registration $63,350

The Truck did see 2 price increases before it was built, but I was price protected with Mark Dodge.
I have to say I am normally a sales person worse nightmare! it takes me months to buy a car. This was simple, and I went to 30 other dealerships and they either told me the Mark Dodge is lying (even though i had it in writing) about the price or they would not even give me their price.

Everyone I have dealt with so far was amazing and professional. Only one more stage to go through which is shipping to my door, which costs additional $1250 give or take. With the money I saved its not a big deal.

No pressure for addons warranty etc. at the time of sale, they did ask but did not push!

Even though they are extremely busy they always made time to call or email back quickly! sales to processing gets a thumbs up for this guy!
Once they give you a sell price they will not call or bother you, if you want it great! if not they are to busy to chase you for your business.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me

Attachments

• IMG_4610.jpg
    IMG_4610.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4609.jpg
    IMG_4609.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
U

User_3336

Valuable? Oh, yeah.
I've bought two Rams in the last year, both factory ordered: a 2021 Laramie and a 2022 Big Horn

Laramie sticker price: 65.5, got it at 49.
Big Horn sticker price: 61, got it at 47.

(The "got it" is with all incentives, rebates, state tax, title, tags, etc., if I paid cash. Financing changes those numbers slightly. (0% Chrysler Capital cost $500-1000 in reduced incentives.))
Kinda hard to believe you got 14,000 off a 22 Big Horn. I have NEVER seen incentives that good. I'd be interested in the detail. Dealer Discount? Manufacturer Inventives?

Dealer discount of 5,000 appears to be the norm (That is better than supplier pricing). And I've never seen an inventive more than 3,000 (which included a CCAP finance rebate).. that's 8. Did the dealer just pull an additional 5,000 out of his a**? LOL

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kinda hard to believe you got 14,000 off a 22 Big Horn. I have NEVER seen incentives that good. I'd be interested in the detail. Dealer Discount? Manufacturer Inventives?

Dealer discount of 5,000 appears to be the norm (That is better than supplier pricing). And I've never seen an inventive more than 3,000 (which included a CCAP finance rebate).. that's 8. Did the dealer just pull an additional 5,000 out of his a**? LOL

I'll look up the numbers later. (Traveling)

Sandi @MD gave me a great price, then the rebates/incentives were $4,500 (I think). Sticker was 61.1. Final (before I decided on financing options) was 47. Ordered in early November, picked up a month ago. Yeah, it was a great price and the team at Mark Dodge was outstanding. Great dealing with Aaron.

ny2az

Reaction score

there were 2 price increases ... which l would say is about 3k ...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will say this, used prices have dropped and my local RAM dealerships inventory and incentives have increased month to month for almost half a year.

They now have 115 trucks on the lot, with the highest advertised incentives at over $8,000. Several months ago, they had 20 trucks and zero incentives.

However these incentives don't apply to all trims, all their Rebels & Limited and some Laramies have just $1,000 off MSRP in comparison.

U

User_3336

They now have 115 trucks on the lot, with the highest advertised incentives at over $8,000. Several months ago, they had 20 trucks and zero incentives.
Define "incentives". Often misquoted. Are we talking "TOTAL" amount off the truck? Manufacturer "inventives/rebates"? Dealer discounts?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Define "incentives". Often misquoted. Are we talking "TOTAL" amount off the truck? Manufacturer "inventives/rebates"? Dealer discounts?

Not total incentives, but both dealer and factory rebates that most buyers would likely qualify for.

These did not include military rebates or things that not everyone would qualify for. You can possibly get more.

My salesmen said at least with RAM, they are getting close to normal supply. Whereas their Chevy and Ford trucks (at their other dealerships) are still having supply issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online