5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just received a Ram factory $1000 rebate via email after following the links here, thanks! Does anyone know if this is stackable with the Penfed discount?
Not stackable.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With production and chip issues, do you think ram will give us some kind of discount for orders…especially since we have to wait for a long period of time? I did get my email with a $1k discount until the end of august…at which, that discount will expire even for some of the early 2022 orders.

I know Ford did so something back in June. https://www.motor1.com/news/511571/ford-doubling-discounts-on-orders/.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
You should get a quote from a place like Mark Dodge anyway just in case it's a bargaining chip. Also, get on YouTube and look up the channel Your Auto Advocate. There are great videos on how to get a good deal on a new car. It's knowledge worth having.
I subsccribe to there channel. They shortened the name to YAA That channel has grown pretty quick.

Kingbama

Reaction score
I recently requested a price from Aaron and Sandi responded to me. My build MSRP for ‘22 Limited 1500 was $68,150 and discounted price $59,083 which is supposedly below EP and she stands firm on that price. I know this is better than a lot of other dealers but it’s just not good enough for me. I will continue to shop around or just wait until I can get that price down to around 55k out the door. She was very kind and quick to respond but I just need to do better.

Frisco Dodge advertises they will beat any deal by 5%. The salesman I talked to confirmed this. I am waiting for the worksheet with actual confirmation. Even with the 5% by the time ttl is added I’m still around 58-59k. There is just no way I’m going to pay more than 55k OTD so I will be waiting for now.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I recently requested a price from Aaron and Sandi responded to me. My build MSRP for ‘22 Limited 1500 was $68,150 and discounted price $59,083 which is supposedly below EP and she stands firm on that price. I know this is better than a lot of other dealers but it’s just not good enough for me. I will continue to shop around or just wait until I can get that price down to around 55k out the door. She was very kind and quick to respond but I just need to do better.

Frisco Dodge advertises they will beat any deal by 5%. The salesman I talked to confirmed this. I am waiting for the worksheet with actual confirmation. Even with the 5% by the time ttl is added I’m still around 58-59k. There is just no way I’m going to pay more than 55k OTD so I will be waiting for now.
I don't see deals like that ever returning with rising inflation. I would happily be surprised and get an amazing deal on a truck, but I'd guess deals like Mark CDJR are about as good as they're going to get.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't see deals like that ever returning with rising inflation. I would happily be surprised and get an amazing deal on a truck, but I'd guess deals like Mark CDJR are about as good as they're going to get.

Same, from what we've seen on here not many if any are beating mark dodge. Best of luck @Kingbama and let us know what frisco comes back to you with, I'm very curious to know if they can really beat mark dodge by that much. If they can make deals like that they'll likely see a large influx of sales from on here.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see any beating Mark Dodge. Don't forget to calculate in freight or travel on the way back too

Kingbama

Reaction score
Same, from what we've seen on here not many if any are beating mark dodge. Best of luck @Kingbama and let us know what frisco comes back to you with, I'm very curious to know if they can really beat mark dodge by that much. If they can make deals like that they'll likely see a large influx of sales from on here.
Of course Frisco Dodge came back saying that their “We beat any deal by 5%” only applies to in stock on the ground vehicles. It does not say that on the clause on their site. He could have just been honest and say they just can’t beat that deal.

I guess it’s a waiting game for me. I understand 9k off sticker is a good price right now there is just no possible way I am going to settle for 9k off on a 70k vehicle. Labor Day is coming up then it will start pushing EOY. Maybe then there will be some decent rebates and a few on the lot. I will say that Sandi at Mark Dodge was awesome I just wish she could give me that extra 5k I need.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of course Frisco Dodge came back saying that their “We beat any deal by 5%” only applies to in stock on the ground vehicles. It does not say that on the clause on their site. He could have just been honest and say they just can’t beat that deal.

I guess it’s a waiting game for me. I understand 9k off sticker is a good price right now there is just no possible way I am going to settle for 9k off on a 70k vehicle. Labor Day is coming up then it will start pushing EOY. Maybe then there will be some decent rebates and a few on the lot. I will say that Sandi at Mark Dodge was awesome I just wish she could give me that extra 5k I need.

I also wonder what their doc fees are like or if they have any other shady practices (like double dipping the destination fee). I know mark dodge has a dog fee of $219 and didn't pull any other sneaky stuff at any point. Just something else to watch out for when factoring pricing.

Some other things to consider:

Do you have a trade/something to sell privately? Values for used trucks are still inflated currently (although probably on the down swing), so if you do have something and wait for prices to come down on new ones, you'll likely also get less for your trade at that point in time. Could end up being a wash and it's hard to say what will happen in the used or new market in that timeframe, but just as an example my trade value went up from $30,000 to $38,250 (in 2 months from March to May) that I eventually sold it for before my ordered truck showed up. Before that I was hell bent on trading it in to save on sales tax a little, but once my trade value shot up that much I couldn't ignore it and sold it to Autonation. Again though, may all be a wash and who knows what the next few months will bring, have to wait for them to start making trucks again first.

There are other ways to get additional money off on top of the dealer discount, there are a few threads on this forum that can help get some additional money off as well (and most of that info is in this thread as well). I have been watching those threads for the past 6-7 months and what I can tell you is that I don't think there are any dealers close to you that will beat mark dodges dealer discount (unless that changes for the 22s) AND the low doc fees. For my 21 order, they gave me a discount of around 13.5% off msrp to start, and I got it to around 16% with some help on here, with the 0% I considered this good enough for me. No other dealer anywhere close to me could even think about touching the dealer discount, and they all charged a lot more for doc fees etc. The last I heard, mark dodges dealer discount had gone down to around 11.5-12% but with many dealers charging msrp or more, that's still pretty good. Hopefully if the market does correct, that dealer discount increases back up to the range it was before.

If nothing else you know you got an option a state away (I wish I was that close, mine had to come 1500 miles to me) to keep in mind. Any dealer you are doing numbers with though, I would definitely recommend finding out all the fees applied to the sale of the vehicle. It's not uncommon to see doc fees of $800-900 dollars, and unfortunately we have also come across a number of dealers that also double dip on the destination fee so add that $1695 on there too. Obviously if you run into a dealer like this that would be able to meet your additional 5k off, they would be getting more than half of it back with fees like that.

Best of luck and keep us updated as to what you find! And if you do wait I hope it pays off for you, but still let us know when ya do! I had to do some justifying when I ordered mine but I'm very good at justifying things I want to myself.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, even doc fees are garbage too but Mark Dodge's system is so refreshing that I don't mind paying it. It's still a far, far better deal than I'm going to get anywhere else.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, even doc fees are garbage too but Mark Dodge's system is so refreshing that I don't mind paying it. It's still a far, far better deal than I'm going to get anywhere else.

Yep I don't like paying them either, but if I have to I'll take $219 over $900 any day. Agree though, mark dodge was a refreshing change, I never get to promote a dealership. Almost always have come away from buying rams with not a great experience, to the point of having to leave some pretty nasty reviews to get things resolved from my deal. So this was a very nice change, they even handled all of the dmv stuff great, so even post sale has been good.

Kingbama

Reaction score
I also wonder what their doc fees are like or if they have any other shady practices (like double dipping the destination fee). I know mark dodge has a dog fee of $219 and didn't pull any other sneaky stuff at any point. Just something else to watch out for when factoring pricing.

Some other things to consider:

Do you have a trade/something to sell privately? Values for used trucks are still inflated currently (although probably on the down swing), so if you do have something and wait for prices to come down on new ones, you'll likely also get less for your trade at that point in time. Could end up being a wash and it's hard to say what will happen in the used or new market in that timeframe, but just as an example my trade value went up from $30,000 to $38,250 (in 2 months from March to May) that I eventually sold it for before my ordered truck showed up. Before that I was hell bent on trading it in to save on sales tax a little, but once my trade value shot up that much I couldn't ignore it and sold it to Autonation. Again though, may all be a wash and who knows what the next few months will bring, have to wait for them to start making trucks again first.

There are other ways to get additional money off on top of the dealer discount, there are a few threads on this forum that can help get some additional money off as well (and most of that info is in this thread as well). I have been watching those threads for the past 6-7 months and what I can tell you is that I don't think there are any dealers close to you that will beat mark dodges dealer discount (unless that changes for the 22s) AND the low doc fees. For my 21 order, they gave me a discount of around 13.5% off msrp to start, and I got it to around 16% with some help on here, with the 0% I considered this good enough for me. No other dealer anywhere close to me could even think about touching the dealer discount, and they all charged a lot more for doc fees etc. The last I heard, mark dodges dealer discount had gone down to around 11.5-12% but with many dealers charging msrp or more, that's still pretty good. Hopefully if the market does correct, that dealer discount increases back up to the range it was before.

If nothing else you know you got an option a state away (I wish I was that close, mine had to come 1500 miles to me) to keep in mind. Any dealer you are doing numbers with though, I would definitely recommend finding out all the fees applied to the sale of the vehicle. It's not uncommon to see doc fees of $800-900 dollars, and unfortunately we have also come across a number of dealers that also double dip on the destination fee so add that $1695 on there too. Obviously if you run into a dealer like this that would be able to meet your additional 5k off, they would be getting more than half of it back with fees like that.

Best of luck and keep us updated as to what you find! And if you do wait I hope it pays off for you, but still let us know when ya do! I had to do some justifying when I ordered mine but I'm very good at justifying things I want to myself.
Little late responding back but thank you for the long thought out reply. The main problem I have is the wife has me on a budget and there is no negotiating with her lol. I am keeping my fingers crossed that some good incentives show up by the end of the year. I normally have no patience for stuff like this and I would just take the best deal I can get. But with the wife barely even agreeing to let me buy a new truck, I have to stay patient even tho it is killing me. If I push too hard she will snatch the rug out from under me lol.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Little late responding back but thank you for the long thought out reply. The main problem I have is the wife has me on a budget and there is no negotiating with her lol. I am keeping my fingers crossed that some good incentives show up by the end of the year. I normally have no patience for stuff like this and I would just take the best deal I can get. But with the wife barely even agreeing to let me buy a new truck, I have to stay patient even tho it is killing me. If I push too hard she will snatch the rug out from under me lol.
Don't know if you did this, but make sure you sign up for a brochure on the website. At random times ( more like the begining of the month) you will get an incentive of $1k or so towards a new purchase.

Hard part right now with most of us, is that since the builds haven't started yet, those incentives have an end date and expire in a month or so.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

xd9z

Reaction score
My dealer has said they are able to accept both, but I will be sure to report back if/when the truck makes it..

Picked up truck yesterday. The sales manager had told me they could accept both Penfed and Ram Rebate, but the finance guy said it was not possible when also using 48mo 0% offer. I asked if he could reduce purchase price to make it right. He countered with a free mopar maintenance plan..

I was eager to get out so did not argue it, but I noticed as he wrote up the contract he priced out the maintenance plan as a $1,500 purchase, and reduced the sales price by an equal amount. I am now curious if I can contact mopar and cancel this plan before using any maintenance and have $1,500 refunded.

U

User_3336

Picked up truck yesterday. The sales manager had told me they could accept both Penfed and Ram Rebate, but the finance guy said it was not possible when also using 48mo 0% offer. I asked if he could reduce purchase price to make it right. He countered with a free mopar maintenance plan..

I was eager to get out so did not argue it, but I noticed as he wrote up the contract he priced out the maintenance plan as a $1,500 purchase, and reduced the sales price by an equal amount. I am now curious if I can contact mopar and cancel this plan before using any maintenance and have $1,500 refunded.
If you financed the truck, the the refund of the Mopar maintenance would go back to the dealer as a refund (or as a payment on the finance contract), not you.

xd9z

Reaction score
If you financed the truck, the the refund of the Mopar maintenance would go back to the dealer as a refund (or as a payment on the finance contract), not you.

I did read that. Would be same net effect if able to cancel and applied to loan.

U

User_3336

I did read that. Would be same net effect if able to cancel and applied to loan.
but the DEALER has to cancel if, you can't.... Would depend on whether the dealer agreed to.
If the dealer made it a contingency on the deal, you might be out of luck!

xd9z

Reaction score
but the DEALER has to cancel if, you can't.... Would depend on whether the dealer agreed to.
If the dealer made it a contingency on the deal, you might be out of luck!
For sure. I will update when I hear more! Gotta give it a couple weeks for everything to kick in I imagine

Users who are viewing this thread