5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

fsjosh

Reaction score
Follow up on the Sam's discussion earlier, I hadn't contacted anyone other than the previously mentioned putting my email in the truecar page. However, I did get an email today from the Sam's Club Auto buying program with a $500 code that is useable at any dealer. Says it combines with most other offers too. Not sure how to trigger it unless it's just doing the truecar deal and waiting a week.

Expires 1/4 though. I'm hoping my truck gets here by then. lol

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Follow up on the Sam's discussion earlier, I hadn't contacted anyone other than the previously mentioned putting my email in the truecar page. However, I did get an email today from the Sam's Club Auto buying program with a $500 code that is useable at any dealer. Says it combines with most other offers too. Not sure how to trigger it unless it's just doing the truecar deal and waiting a week.

Expires 1/4 though. I'm hoping my truck gets here by then. lol
It looks like using the Sam's Truecar portal will get you the offer. I used Amex Truecar portal and received a $500 certificate some days later.

AK103

Reaction score
I checked lakeland, Criswell and Koons, they dont have any limiteds that have the options and color I want, thanks for the suggestions though!

as far as trying to get dealers to go lower than the Employee pricing plus before rebates... I would be interested to see if anyone is successful with that. I‘m having a hard time seeing a dealer do that, but I’m probably wrong.

You gotta order em.
I ordered mine from Lakeland, got it exactly how I wanted it without spending more on options I didn't want nor need.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I have never had any luck dealing with the internet sales. In my experience they work off commission. I emailed the internet sales guy about a truck listed on their website. He sets me up with an appointment to come in and tells me to let the manager know he sent me. I found out he gets $25 for every person who gets to come in. The kicker was the truck I asked about was already sold.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I have never had any luck dealing with the internet sales. In my experience they work off commission. I emailed the internet sales guy about a truck listed on their website. He sets me up with an appointment to come in and tells me to let the manager know he sent me. I found out he gets $25 for every person who gets to come in. The kicker was the truck I asked about was already sold.
You should always try to get to a manager. Fleet, Sales, or Internet Manager.

Reaction score
Hello! New to the forum but just placed my order for a 2021 limited with level 1, BUG, and night edition packages. Here is what I did. I went on TrueCar and searched in Phoenix and CA (I am in CA, have family in Phoenix). Average price was much lower in Phoenix. That is where I started my negotiations, knowing I wouldn’t want to buy there due to their higher tax rate and no cap on document fees. I got quotes from 5 dealerships in the area. The best offer was $5900 off MSRP, $1000 of that dealer discount was only valid if I financed through them. They went back and forth on if I would be eligible for any rebates/special financing at time of delivery before finally saying this would be the final price with a locked in rate of 5.4% and would have to put $5000 nonrefundable deposit down. This is insane considering my credit score is 820. I said thank you, but no thank you. I then contacted 3 dealerships in CA and told them I was negotiating with a dealership in Phoenix to special order a new limited. Two dealerships were not willing to negotiate to my price, but the third asked to see the offer that the Phoenix dealership gave me. I took a screenshot of the offer that ONLY showed the MSRP and total dealer discount, not any of the stipulations or tax and document fees. I also told them the other dealership was willing to give me any rebates/special financing available at pickup. The salesman I was working with took the offer to his manager and they agreed to match it. I went to the dealership that afternoon and sat with the internet sales manager to put in the order. He hand wrote “$6000 off MSRP plus rebates and special financing at delivery” on the order form and gave me a copy so there would be no question at pickup. No deposit required. Right off the bat I am saving over $900 in taxes and fees over the Phoenix dealership. Now I just wait 6-9 weeks for delivery.

AxileAspen

Reaction score
I emailed a dealer about the price for a truck, told them what I wanted for out the door...then they proceeded to never follow up with any numbers or counter-offer. Now the same person is emailing me about this truck (even though they removed it from their inventory on their website). My guess? The truck sold for more than I offered and I suspect these turds are trying to bait me into the dealership so they can try their games.

njt07

Reaction score
I will plug the dealership I bought at. They played some minor games with my trade in, but did keep to our over the phone deal. Went to Meador in DFW and worked with Adan and his sales manager Jay. The finance manager managed to get me to buy the maximum care that I was gonna buy through Zeigler at a markup but threw in oil changes good at any CDJR dealership that I verified yesterday at the dealership closest to me so I figure the cost was a wash.

Last edited:

kooz21

Reaction score
The kicker was the truck I asked about was already sold.
I set up an appointment for a test drive at a dealership about 30 min away. When I got there, they finally decided to mention that my truck was at their other dealership, about an hour away in the other direction. “But take a look at what we have on the lot.” Not a single Laramie, complete waste of time. They also tried selling me the truck I was interested in without me even seeing it! Um, no.

Laramie6x6

Reaction score
If I do a factory order, does the $1,500 ram cash gets applied at order placement time, or at delivery?

Since order takes 6-10 weeks, I need to decide when to get the pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will plug the dealership I bought at. They played some minor games with my trade in, but did keep to our over the phone deal. Went to Meador in DFW and worked with Adan and his sales manager Jay. The finance manager managed to get me to buy the maximum care that I was gonna buy through Zeigler at a markup but threw in oil changes good at any CDJR dealership that I verified yesterday an
t the dealership closest to me so I figure the cost was a wash.
How many oil changes did they throw in?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but dealers are on to some of these tactics and will not negotiate over the phone or via email.

I live in the south New Jersey area, and I’m super lucky that there are at least 5 dealers within a 25 mile area ( if I expand my search, I can easily find 10+) and and I reached out to most of them. Only 1 dealer was able to even SOME information. most dealers won’t take you seriously until you are physically present.

Even then, out of the first 5 dealers I visited, they won’t move on any internet pricing ( which is misleading because of the online searches includes all discounts). It’s seriously a game, and you have to work them. Only one of them was able negotiate 15% off ( this is out the door).

My best and only suggestion. Throw out all of the numbers and rebates. Find a truck you want...tell them you want it, but not for that price. Ask for the best deal ( aim for 10-15% below msrp...and that is out the door pricing...including tax and tags) on it then WALK AWAY...tell them your going to another dealer.

They will call you back. Either later that day or the next day.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but dealers are on to some of these tactics and will not negotiate over the phone or via email.

I live in the south New Jersey area, and I’m super lucky that there are at least 5 dealers within a 25 mile area ( if I expand my search, I can easily find 10+) and and I reached out to most of them. Only 1 dealer was able to even SOME information. most dealers won’t take you seriously until you are physically present.

Even then, out of the first 5 dealers I visited, they won’t move on any internet pricing ( which is misleading because of the online searches includes all discounts). It’s seriously a game, and you have to work them. Only one of them was able negotiate 15% off ( this is out the door).

My best and only suggestion. Throw out all of the numbers and rebates. Find a truck you want...tell them you want it, but not for that price. Ask for the best deal ( aim for 10-15% below msrp...and that is out the door pricing...including tax and tags) on it then WALK AWAY...tell them your going to another dealer.

They will call you back. Either later that day or the next day.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
If they won't deal with you over email that is usually a good indication that they will not be your lowest offer.

Don't talk to a regular salesman. Managers are much more likely to give you a deal.

Contact the high volume dealers recommended here to get some reasonable prices.

Venom700

Reaction score
Anyone have more tips on how to get the pop up rebate to come up? Not coming up for me in two browsers options.
Or I should say, if still available and someone else is getting the pop up, would you mind messaging me directly and help me out getting my email inserted. It would be much appreciated.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Or I should say, if still available and someone else is getting the pop up, would you mind messaging me directly and help me out getting my email inserted. It would be much appreciated.
I have it loaded on my phone right now. If you PM me your details I'll plug it in.

How I got it to come up on my phone finally was to go to ramtrucks.com, let the page load completely. I got a message that it would like to use my location. I always block these but this time hit allow and then at the bottom of the screen there was a little red bonus offer button. This time it just came up when I went to the site and let it load.

EDIT: I will add I am using Chrome on my phone.

Also go it to pop up in Edge on my laptop (so I now have two, first person other than Venom700 to DM me there details - First Last Email Zip I can plug it in too). Edge just came up after the page loaded.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
If I do a factory order, does the $1,500 ram cash gets applied at order placement time, or at delivery?

Since order takes 6-10 weeks, I need to decide when to get the pop up.
Delivery

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I added a section on dealers that often provide low offers. Are there any others that consistently offer very low prices?

Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK

LMorris

Reaction score
I added a section on dealers that often provide low offers. Are there any others that consistently offer very low prices?

Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK
Silent Bob - your guidance seems very good for vehicles on the lot. Do you have a similar outline for ordering a vehicle? I apologize if this has already been answered.

Users who are viewing this thread