5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Regarding TRUECAR, in the end, the dealer has to pay TRUECAR a $299 fee for referrals and using their website. So the dealer is going to get that $299 from YOU in some form of fashion.
The dealer gives TRUECAR access to the sales records.
This is good information. Everyone should keep in mind that TrueCar will add $299 to the cost of your vehicle if your details are sent to the dealership you are buying from. The TrueCar price is usually more than other sites and almost always more than the 1% below factory invoice that anyone can get on a RAM.

On my last RAM purchase the dealer that came in the lowest was about 6% below factory invoice but asked for my Tread Lightly FCA Associate information anyway. He said by using an Affiliate number he could void the TrueCar $299 fee.

RRSBighorn

Reaction score
Allstate really isn't a "preferred" method to claim a Bonus Drive $250 check. As a matter of fact, you can start from the main BONUSDRIVE page, and it will tell if you are eligible. And you CAN use the Allstate link.
There are many employers that are eligible as well.

View attachment 75073

I was told about this in Aug 2019 when I bought my truck. I don't remember all of the details, but I sent in and never got any response back, so it isn't guaranteed you'll get the money. I traded in my 2011 Chevy Silverado for my new Ram, should of qualified.

U

User_3336

I was told about this in Aug 2019 when I bought my truck. I don't remember all of the details, but I sent in and never got any response back, so it isn't guaranteed you'll get the money. I traded in my 2011 Chevy Silverado for my new Ram, should of qualified.
You should have been more aggressive with follow-up. Most everyone that has submitted on here has received their rebate after the posted.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For me, I always talk with the sales and/or fleet manager first over the phone, who knows all the discounts and special deals going on. They usually only care about volume and moving metal quickly and give you a good out the door price, especially if they need to meet quota by the month.

RAM will sometimes have 25% off MSRP deals, usually around 2nd or 3rd quarter of the year. However this market is weird right now, not enough product but hey are still offering your basic $10,000 or MSRP or some depending on the deals.

U

User_3336

Go to the dealer's website and look at the STAFF information. Usually the sales managers are listed along with their email addresses. This is my first approach. they might hand you off to a salesperson, but you know what sales manager is managing your deal.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
For me, I always talk with the sales and/or fleet manager first over the phone, who knows all the discounts and special deals going on. They usually only care about volume and moving metal quickly and give you a good out the door price, especially if they need to meet quota by the month.

RAM will sometimes have 25% off MSRP deals, usually around 2nd or 3rd quarter of the year. However this market is weird right now, not enough product but hey are still offering your basic $10,000 or MSRP or some depending on the deals.
Talking with Fleet, Internet, or Sales Managers is always an excellent idea. This is especially helpful when trying to get a dealer to beat another dealers offer.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Go to the dealer's website and look at the STAFF information. Usually the sales managers are listed along with their email addresses. This is my first approach. they might hand you off to a salesperson, but you know what sales manager is managing your deal.
I wish all dealerships had this option. Many only have a general contact option. If this is the case use it and ask for the Fleet, Internet, or Sales Manager.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck getting the $1000 Sam's club discount? Is there a 30 day period or anything where you need to be a member before getting a new truck? If not I would sign up, but don't want to **** away $45 if it won't work for some rule like that. I also have a $1500 code from RAM as well if those can be stacked together with all other current incentives.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck getting the $1000 Sam's club discount? Is there a 30 day period or anything where you need to be a member before getting a new truck? If not I would sign up, but don't want to **** away $45 if it won't work for some rule like that. I also have a $1500 code from RAM as well if those can be stacked together with all other current incentives.
It looks like it may have been discontinued. At least for now. I can't find any evidence that is has been used in the last six months. If anyone has any additional information on this that would be a big help.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
It looks like, for December, Employee Pricing Plus is now being applied to 2021 1500's. That means that your starting price for negotiation is 5% under factory invoice at all dealerships. This would not apply to factory orders but still might be useful for negotiation.

Must take delivery by 01/04/21

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

njt07

Reaction score
How much more do you think dealers will realistically go? I was looking at one

and the dealer discount is about 12.55% off the MSRP. Add the rebate, military ($500) and we are looking at 14.57% off MSRP, whatever that is off invoice.

MSRP $74,295
Rebate $1,000
Sale Price $73,295
Dealer Discount: Employee Pricing Plus: $9,330
Dealer Discount: $0
Final Sale Price $63,965

whats a realistic target for further dealer discount beyond 12.55%?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
How much more do you think dealers will realistically go? I was looking at one

and the dealer discount is about 12.55% off the MSRP. Add the rebate, military ($500) and we are looking at 14.57% off MSRP, whatever that is off invoice.

MSRP $74,295
Rebate $1,000
Sale Price $73,295
Dealer Discount $9,330
Final Sale Price $63,965

whats a realistic target for further dealer discount beyond 12.55%?
During Employee Pricing Plus anyone can get 5% under factory invoice. If you can get them to 7% to 10% I would think that is a great deal. This is before any other rebates/incentives.

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

njt07

Reaction score
Forgot I also have the PCO for $1500. From the nada site with the options on the above truck

MSRP: $74,295
INVOICE from NADA: $67,874

Discounts:
Dealer Discount: Employee Pricing Plus: $9,330
Retail Cash: $1000
Military: $500
PCO: $1500
TOTAL: $12,330

Discounted Price: $61,965

Percentage off MSRP: 16.59%
Percentage off Invoice: 9.5%

this is a pretty good deal right?

Last edited:

NikoSuave

Reaction score
Forgot I also have the PCO for $1500. From the nada site with the options on the above truck

Discounts:
Dealer Discount: $9,330

this is a pretty good deal right

Seems insane to me, your MSRP is almost 7k over mine, and your discounted price is 1,500 over mine (that's only because that's all the rebates I'm getting).
What the hell am I missing here. My dealer discount is 3k less than yours too... looks like I may need to walk on my "deal".

njt07

Reaction score
Seems insane to me, your MSRP is almost 7k over mine, and your discounted price is 1,500 over mine (that's only because that's all the rebates I'm getting).
What the hell am I missing here. My dealer discount is 3k less than yours too... looks like I may need to walk on my "deal".
Well the current deal is a flat employee pricing plus, the national retail cash and the private cash offer from the website popup. No negotiating done at all yet.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Discounts:
Dealer Discount: $9,330

this is a pretty good deal right
Employee Price would be $64,480
Minus your incentives
Total $61,480

Now if any of your incentives do not work with Employee Pricing that would change the numbers.

You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

AK103

Reaction score
If you want no nonsense, I recommend either Criswell, Koons or Lakeland.
Criswell and Koons are doing 6% off invoice before rebates/incentives on delivery.
While Lakeland is doing 7% off invoice before rebates/incentives on delivery.

Criswell and Koons are in the North East.
While Lakeland is in Florida (fairly close to Orlando).

I ended up ordering from Lakeland.

njt07

Reaction score
I checked lakeland, Criswell and Koons, they dont have any limiteds that have the options and color I want, thanks for the suggestions though!

as far as trying to get dealers to go lower than the Employee pricing plus before rebates... I would be interested to see if anyone is successful with that. I‘m having a hard time seeing a dealer do that, but I’m probably wrong.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I checked lakeland, Criswell and Koons, they dont have any limiteds that have the options and color I want, thanks for the suggestions though!

as far as trying to get dealers to go lower than the Employee pricing plus before rebates... I would be interested to see if anyone is successful with that. I‘m having a hard time seeing a dealer do that, but I’m probably wrong.
I am in the process of buying a truck right now. My current best offer is 7% below invoice before any rebates or incentives. This may be as low as I can get it but I will spend one or two more days trying.

Order from the factory at any dealership and get exactly what you want. No missing options, no extra options to pay for, no settling.

Last edited:

jsteinm1

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a truck right now. My current best offer is 7.4% below invoice before any rebates or incentives. This may be as low as I can get it but I will spend one or two more days trying.

Order from the factory at any dealership and get exactly what you want. No missing options, no extra options to pay for, no settling.
Not sure where you are, but might check Mark Dodge, they have some great deals on their site and can ship.

Users who are viewing this thread