5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Derek916

Reaction score
It depends on the truck.

I hasn't seen -% interest on a Limited yet... Always Bighorns and Laramies that see those promotions.
Limited in my area, California, is 0% 48 months plus $1000 cash back. Usually California has the worst incentives, where are you located?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Limited in my area, California, is 0% 48 months plus $1000 cash back. Usually California has the worst incentives, where are you located?
I'm in MA but I already got my truck so it doesn't matter.

Best I could get from the dealership was 75 months at 2.8%.
When I got back home I changed to my local credit union and did 84 months at 3.24%. Their 72 month rate was 2.4% if I recall correctly.
Monthly payment of $795 a month with a total interest paid of $7,112.
If I did a 0% at 48 months that would be $1,243 a month, yeah I could save 7k but that's a higher payment a month then my rent.

I have seen a lot of 0% with 72 month term but only for bighorns, they really shouldn't do finance promotions per trim level imo.

RAMforums775

Reaction score
Just ordered a new RAM 2500 at invoice from Dolan Dodge Ram in Reno, Nevada. They are promoting invoice for all local and non-local special orders. Can't wait for my truck to arrive!

Derek916

Reaction score
Just ordered a new RAM 2500 at invoice from Dolan Dodge Ram in Reno, Nevada. They are promoting invoice for all local and non-local special orders. Can't wait for my truck to arrive!
What is "invoice" is that the EP number on the build sheet?

U

User_3336

What is "invoice" is that the EP number on the build sheet?
"EP" is employee pricing.

FFP or PP is 1% below invoice, which is known as suppler pricing. Add 1% to that price, and you should have invoice.

Serranod17

Reaction score
Anyone have experience ordering from a dealership in the northwest at or near Mark Dodge prices? Looking at ordering a Ram 3500

TSL

Reaction score
Anyone have experience ordering from a dealership in the northwest at or near Mark Dodge prices? Looking at ordering a Ram 3500
Back in January this year, at a CJDR dealership in Oregon I was told "thanks for coming in, have a nice day" ( verbatim, that's what the salesman said ), when I suggested Mark Dodge prices. So, I went ahead an ordered from Mark Dodge and saved $5 or $6k, even after shipping ! They offered $1k under MSRP at that time and thought they were doing a fantastic deal

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

A year and a half-ago I ordered through Phillip Olson (Sales Manager at the time) from Bud Clary Ram near Seattle. (Auburn?) He is no longer there, so I don't know if you can still work with them.
I've also heard that a dealer in Coeur d'Alene was trying to/was the volume leader.

Otherwise...go to Lake Charles, LA and say "Hi" to Aaron and his team at Mark Dodge.

ATXCam

Reaction score
Anyone been successful with the True Car rebate?

rs1060

Reaction score
A big shout out and thanks to Silent Bob for putting this post/thread together. Putting all this info together in a well organized and easy to understand fashion made life so much easier and gave me a big head start on my task.

I just completed negotiations/finalized/ordered a 2023 Limited 1500 thru Mark Dodge. Sandi was superb, straightforward, and very informative. Negotiated price (I use that term loosely because she really shot their rock bottom price pretty much from the get go) was 4.8% off FWP/Dealer Invoice. This price is not including Tread Lightly $500 (which will be added at delivery if FCA is still honoring) as well as any other applicable factory rebates, Pen Fed etc.

I really put some time in over the last few weeks emailing dealerships (usually direct to Sales Managers, GM's, etc if I could find their address) as well as some calling around. For what it's worth, I'm going to list the better dealer/people I received quotes from as a update of sorts for this thread...

Sandi @ Mark Dodge
Factory Order (never got his/her name) @ Farrish
Amanda @ Granger
Dan @ Gupton
Mike Clinn @ Mall of Georgia
Michael P @ Lakeland Dodge
Dave (the GM) @ Autonation
Ashlie Ryan @ Chapman
Adam Silver @ Central 44
Connor Cool @ Criswell
Tyler B @ Dan Deery

All of these individuals were very nice to "work" with and quoted prices decently below Dealer Invoice. How much below dealer invoice is generally reflected by their order on my list, with Sandi obviously being the most below invoice.

Forrester14

Reaction score
A big shout out and thanks to Silent Bob for putting this post/thread together. Putting all this info together in a well organized and easy to understand fashion made life so much easier and gave me a big head start on my task.

I just completed negotiations/finalized/ordered a 2023 Limited 1500 thru Mark Dodge. Sandi was superb, straightforward, and very informative. Negotiated price (I use that term loosely because she really shot their rock bottom price pretty much from the get go) was 4.8% off FWP/Dealer Invoice. This price is not including Tread Lightly $500 (which will be added at delivery if FCA is still honoring) as well as any other applicable factory rebates, Pen Fed etc.

I really put some time in over the last few weeks emailing dealerships (usually direct to Sales Managers, GM's, etc if I could find their address) as well as some calling around. For what it's worth, I'm going to list the better dealer/people I received quotes from as a update of sorts for this thread...

Sandi @ Mark Dodge
Factory Order (never got his/her name) @ Farrish
Amanda @ Granger
Dan @ Gupton
Mike Clinn @ Mall of Georgia
Michael P @ Lakeland Dodge
Dave (the GM) @ Autonation
Ashlie Ryan @ Chapman
Adam Silver @ Central 44
Connor Cool @ Criswell
Tyler B @ Dan Deery

All of these individuals were very nice to "work" with and quoted prices decently below Dealer Invoice. How much below dealer invoice is generally reflected by their order on my list, with Sandi obviously being the most below invoice.
Mike's (Mall of GA) quote on a 2023 Limited 1500 was actually better than Mark Dodge for me?

Hoya55

Reaction score
I know it’s been a while since anyone posted in here, but I’ll say the same as others in thanking Silent Bob for all the info. Very helpful. I just ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie. Anthony at Mark Dodge has been amazing to work with, came in at 13% off MSRP for the dealer discount, then I was able to lock in the 10% off MSRP rebate stacked on top (available May 2023), bringing me to 23% off MSRP locked in. I have a Friends and Family code too that will apply upon delivery, which he’ll give me an extra 1%, putting me at 24% off MSRP. Suffice it to say, I’m happy. My big must haves were the Surround View camera and Multifunction Tailgate. I went base wheels, but just picked up a set of Built to Serve wheels with Falken Wildpeake A/T3 tires with no miles on them for $1k via Craigslist. Hope the technical gray of the wheels looks good against the Granite Metallic paint I picked.

deanno33

Reaction score
I went base wheels, but just picked up a set of Built to Serve wheels with Falken Wildpeake A/T3 tires with no miles on them for $1k via Craigslist. Hope the technical gray of the wheels looks good against the Granite Metallic paint I picked.

Nice. I'm close to ordering a Laramie from Anthony as well. I also just picked up a set of BTS wheels off a 2023 with zero miles (they sold the tires off of them) and plan to put them on my Billet Silver night edition Laramie. When you say you went base wheels...was that an option? I thought the packages determined wheels.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm close to ordering a Laramie from Anthony as well. I also just picked up a set of BTS wheels off a 2023 with zero miles (they sold the tires off of them) and plan to put them on my Billet Silver night edition Laramie. When you say you went base wheels...was that an option? I thought the packages determined wheels.
It does, but it depends on what packages you get.

doward

Reaction score
I know it’s been a while since anyone posted in here, but I’ll say the same as others in thanking Silent Bob for all the info. Very helpful. I just ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie. Anthony at Mark Dodge has been amazing to work with, came in at 13% off MSRP for the dealer discount, then I was able to lock in the 10% off MSRP rebate stacked on top (available May 2023), bringing me to 23% off MSRP locked in. I have a Friends and Family code too that will apply upon delivery, which he’ll give me an extra 1%, putting me at 24% off MSRP. Suffice it to say, I’m happy. My big must haves were the Surround View camera and Multifunction Tailgate. I went base wheels, but just picked up a set of Built to Serve wheels with Falken Wildpeake A/T3 tires with no miles on them for $1k via Craigslist. Hope the technical gray of the wheels looks good against the Granite Metallic paint I picked.
Just about to go down this path as well. Stupid Question. When you say it's 23% off MSRP, is that the price it gives you when you use the Ram Build and Price? Or was this a truck off the lot? I get confused between Invoice and MSRP and if you can get these same type of discounts when ordering from the factory?

Users who are viewing this thread