5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

mophead

Reaction score
Total advertised incentives, both dealer and factory rebates, the most they will advertise for, but not necessarily give you when come in. These did not include military rebates or things that not everyone would qualify for. You can possibly get more.
You gotta be a leprechaun to get ALL the advertised incentives. 🧞‍♂️ 🎅🧚‍♂️

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You gotta be a leprechaun to get ALL the advertised incentives. 🧞‍♂️🧙‍♂️

Not really, if you got good credit you should qualify for all of them. But again, this could be dealership to dealership, city to city, it's supply and demand. Most of their incentives are pretty basic, they aren't stacked (not everyone qualifies for) incentives like military, student, etc. Also, it's not all trims, its only on specific trims, Rebels and limited are just $1,000 so far.

Right now RAM for the most part, at least in this part of the country, has decent supply compared to the competition. The recession is likely coming, people maybe pulling back on buying, prices are going to come down sooner or later.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not really, if you got good credit you should qualify for all of them. But again, this could be dealership to dealership, city to city, it's supply and demand. Most of their incentives are pretty basic, they aren't stacked (not everyone qualifies for) incentives like military, student, etc. Also, it's not all trims, its only on specific trims, Rebels and limited are just $1,000 so far.

Right now RAM for the most part, at least in this part of the country, has decent supply compared to the competition. The recession is likely coming, people maybe pulling back on buying, prices are going to come down sooner or later.
MSRP will never come down unless we go on the gold standard. But manufacturer incentives may improve. Dealer discounts may as well, but that depends on the dealership and places like Mark Dodge already discount about the most you ever will see from the dealer side.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
MSRP will never come down unless we go on the gold standard. But manufacturer incentives may improve. Dealer discounts may as well, but that depends on the dealership and places like Mark Dodge already discount about the most you ever will see from the dealer side.

Sure, the artificially high MSRP and the 15% - 25% discounts are built-in on full size truck pricing. It's been like that for decades.

It's the game we all play in a normal market. No one pays sticker for a full size truck (in a normal market). If you don't get 15% off MSRP, you likely got ripped off, near the end of the quarter, you should get 25% off, sometimes even more.

My Rebel was one of those 25%+ off deals. It stickered for around $54,000, I got her for $39,000. This price was advertised online, I didn't even have to haggle at my dealership. The artificially high MSRP also is great for resale value since that's what they base the deprecation on. I put zero down and financed, and didn't even need to get GAP insurance due to the discount I got. I was already in the "black" before my first payment.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
22 Limited Longhorn 4x4 crew cab 5.7 all options except moon roof and bed cover
Window Sticker $77,975
Purchase price $65,130 which included -500 treadlighty and - 300 because truck showed up with a damaged fender flare and they also replace and fixed it!
-$2000 additional ram incentives. (1000 online coupon for the build site, 500 for financing with fca 500 first responder fca)

Out the door without PA tax
$63,130 + Document fee $220 which included registration $63,350

The Truck did see 2 price increases before it was built, but I was price protected with Mark Dodge.
I have to say I am normally a sales person worse nightmare! it takes me months to buy a car. This was simple, and I went to 30 other dealerships and they either told me the Mark Dodge is lying (even though i had it in writing) about the price or they would not even give me their price.

Everyone I have dealt with so far was amazing and professional. Only one more stage to go through which is shipping to my door, which costs additional $1250 give or take. With the money I saved its not a big deal.

No pressure for addons warranty etc. at the time of sale, they did ask but did not push!

Even though they are extremely busy they always made time to call or email back quickly! sales to processing gets a thumbs up for this guy!
Once they give you a sell price they will not call or bother you, if you want it great! if not they are to busy to chase you for your business.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me
20% off. Wow. Like 2020 prices. Congratulations!

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
20% off. Wow. Like 2020 prices. Congratulations!
Well i would like to take credit as a person that pushed for a great bargin, but all I did was email a salesperson (Sandi) at Mark Dodge. I will give credit to this website and learning about the treadlighty and 1st responder discounts. and kept up with the fca incentives. When the Manager Aaron Ginsburg called to tell me the truck was in he checked on incentives for when i ordered the truck (was none) and when it came in. I have been in touch with him and others about questions and they always are quick to get back. If you follow the instructions they send to you its a crazy easy process. I just wired the rest of my down payment and finished the financing, so just waiting on Cody to contact me so I can make arraignments to have it shipped to my door.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
How does the TreadLightly stuff work? Is the Rebel available for the discount as well?

Thanks!

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Define "incentives". Often misquoted. Are we talking "TOTAL" amount off the truck? Manufacturer "inventives/rebates"? Dealer discounts?

I agree. Some posts don't mention the financing so if it's at something other than 0% that adds back thousands in interest over the life of the loan....

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree. Some posts don't mention the financing so if it's at something other than 0% that adds back thousands in interest over the life of the loan....
Financing is not an incentive...

The price of the truck is the price of the truck. If pay interest it doesn't increase the price of the truck it's a static number, you pay the loaning bank additional money, it doesn't do to the dealership or the OEM it goes to a bank or loaning organization.

If you total your brand new truck 1 month into the loan insurance looks at the value\price of a similar truck, not a new truck and 7 months of payments at 3% interest rate.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
It depends on where you get your loan. If you get a very low interest loan from the dealer or factory, then I would consider it an incentive. Especially 0% or something similar.

Considering the loan is one of 4-5 profit centers for the dealership in regards to a new vehicle sale (new car sale, trade-in, finance & add-ons, service). That's why dealerships don't like cash buyers, because it removes one of their possible profit centers. They have to get their profit from either new vehicle sale, trade-in sale, or possible add-ons like extended warranty or service.

They can usually get you a low interest loan and still score on the back-end something. But at 0%, they are giving up that profit to incentivize the sale.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It depends on where you get your loan. If you get a very low interest loan from the dealer or factory, then I would consider it an incentive. Especially 0% or something similar.

Considering the loan is one of 4-5 profit centers for the dealership in regards to a new vehicle sale (new car sale, trade-in, finance & add-ons, service). That's why dealerships don't like cash buyers, because it removes one of their possible profit centers. They have to get their profit from either new vehicle sale, trade-in sale, or possible add-ons like extended warranty or service.

They can usually get you a low interest loan and still score on the back-end something. But at 0%, they are giving up that profit to incentivize the sale.
Dealerships generally get kick backs from getting you a loan, they don't make money or interest off the loan directly.

If your dealership is giving you problems because you don't want to fiance with them or act like they "don't like cash buyers" find a new dealership.

A 0% interest rate I would consider a promotion not an incentive. You aren't saving money, you just aren't getting charged more.
Incentives such as rebates or price discounts can reduce the tax you pay due to the price of the vehicle changing, a 0% interest rate does neither.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Dealerships generally get kick backs from getting you a loan, they don't make money or interest off the loan directly.

If your dealership is giving you problems because you don't want to fiance with them or act like they "don't like cash buyers" find a new dealership.

A 0% interest rate I would consider a promotion not an incentive. You aren't saving money, you just aren't getting charged more.
Incentives such as rebates or price discounts can reduce the tax you pay due to the price of the vehicle changing, a 0% interest rate does neither.

Sure, but the dealership can make money on the back end of a loan, it's still profit for the dealership. Quite a few loans are offered to the buyer at a specific rate, but the dealership can shop a lower rate and take that difference.

I didn't mean they treat cash buyers badly, I mean they don't like it when buyers don't finance. They have to make their money somewhere else.

Good point on promotion vs incentive, that makes sense to me.

Derek916

Reaction score
Sure, but the dealership can make money on the back end of a loan, it's still profit for the dealership. Quite a few loans are offered to the buyer at a specific rate, but the dealership can shop a lower rate and take that difference.

I didn't mean they treat cash buyers badly, I mean they don't like it when buyers don't finance. They have to make their money somewhere else.

Good point on promotion vs incentive, that makes sense to me.
I also think part of the reason stellantis increased the price of the all the ram 1500 lines by a $1000ish this month is because they wasn’t to keep offering 0% finance. I still can’t believe the price of a my truck has gone up 3000 since December.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought two trucks within a year. Both were at 0% interest (because even I could see that Biden's plan to inflate away the value of money could work for me....). "I'll gladly pay you in future (little) dollars for a truck today."

However, both of them came at a cost of giving up part of the incentives package. One cost $500, one cost $1,000.
Either way, cheaper than the next lowest rate...even without figuring on the lowering value of a dollar over time.

Bryan720

Reaction score
anyone have any insight on what the July 2022 interest rates are going to be from FCA?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
anyone have any insight on what the July 2022 interest rates are going to be from FCA?

Probably zero. They raised prices by 1000 so my guess is that’s to offset rising interest.
It depends on the truck.

I hasn't seen -% interest on a Limited yet... Always Bighorns and Laramies that see those promotions.

TSL

Reaction score
Thought I would share this little story : So back in Dec '21 when I was starting the buying process I reached out to local dealers here in Oregon. They were all at MSRP more or less and wouldn't budge. One dealership responded to my email with "we are currently selling custom orders at MSRP which is a great deal for anybody who is comparing". Comparing to what? I thought. Comparing to the +$5k dealer markups on what was on lots locally perhaps, but certainly not comparing to other dealers like Mark Dodge!
Anyway, here we are 6 months later and I get a marketing email from that same dealership, blaring in large font "Only pay $1 over invoice when you place a special order".
So that's quite a turn-around from "MSRP is a great deal" and perhaps shows the market conditions are changing ?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thought I would share this little story : So back in Dec '21 when I was starting the buying process I reached out to local dealers here in Oregon. They were all at MSRP more or less and wouldn't budge. One dealership responded to my email with "we are currently selling custom orders at MSRP which is a great deal for anybody who is comparing". Comparing to what? I thought. Comparing to the +$5k dealer markups on what was on lots locally perhaps, but certainly not comparing to other dealers like Mark Dodge!
Anyway, here we are 6 months later and I get a marketing email from that same dealership, blaring in large font "Only pay $1 over invoice when you place a special order".
So that's quite a turn-around from "MSRP is a great deal" and perhaps shows the market conditions are changing ?
Market conditions arent changing. Scum bad dealers are scumbag dealers.
They are losing enough business to good dealerships they are being forced to fix their pricing to be in line because people stopping using them.

Items are worth whatever people will pay, if idiots are paying 5k over MSRP for "market adjustments" they are idiots and the dealerships love those people.
People with a brain know that's bullcrap and would never pay something marked as a "market adjustment"

MRSP=Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. The manufacturer would never suggest the dealership take a loss LOL

That's like going into the market and having the person at the deli say this is my last package of American cheese, I know it says $5.99 a pound but for you it's $14.99 a pound.
Some idiot will buy it because they feel like they really need it or don't care about paying a fair price. Mostly everyone else is going to tell them to screw off and get it elsewhere.

I never wanted to get my truck from MD for the fact I don't like to buy without seeing anything and it was a 1700 mile drive home but at the end of the day it was an amazing deal to anyone nearby. I reached out to 80 dealerships within a 300 mile radius of me, most were 5k over MRSP, some 3k over MSRP, some at MSRP. None would go below MSRP because idiots around me were paying those high marked up prices. I test drive a 2021 Limited with 21k miles on it they wanted 76k for, which was higher then the MSRP of it new. I told the sales guy where and what price I was going to get mine at when we were outside and he quietly said to me not to buy this truck and definitely get it through the other dealership, he also admitted how everything is marked up but they didn't have a problem getting cars\trucks but people in that area would actually pay those prices.

Reactions: TSL

Users who are viewing this thread