5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add Digital Rearview Mirror

gmercury2000

Reaction score
That would be great. My 10ft cable came in today, but the trucks at the dealership for a dent repair they caused. Womp. Also, i spoke to a buddy of mine who into car electronics, he also suggested running the wire thru the left side of the truck, like everyone else. Remove the weather strip and pull the wire to the windshield. Apparently moving the cable 1 ft either way makes a difference.
OK so update, I was able to run the 10ft cord and drove around for a half hour or so doing some errands and so far, no TPMS light.

Ric0

Reaction score
OK so update, I was able to run the 10ft cord and drove around for a half hour or so doing some errands and so far, no TPMS light.
Awesome. Picking up my truck today and first thing im doing is running the 10ft. Imagine thats what caused the problem? Extra 5 feet of wire? Lol

gmercury2000

Reaction score
Awesome. Picking up my truck today and first thing im doing is running the 10ft. Imagine thats what caused the problem? Extra 5 feet of wire? Lol
That would be my guess lol. On mine I did have that extra 5ft coiled up near the 3rd brake light which could very well have been the issue but the 10ft definitely seems to be working.

Users who are viewing this thread