5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add Digital Rearview Mirror

amaliks

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Got rid of 2020 Ram and returned truck to stock. Took all upgrades or modifications off.
Truck had FCW so mirror is compatible with that system.
I have the 22 BCM, harness by Jimmy07 and the mirror.
Forgot the 3rd brake light and the cable to connect to 3rd brake light.
In DFW area, Looking to sale all ( harness, BCM needed for 2019-20 or other vehicles and the mirror ——Asking $400 for all 3 if you know anyone have them PM me. If you have 21 or newer you only need the mirror.
Hi. Sent PM if items still available

BOMA1039

Reaction score
Need a little help.... Have a 2500 Limited with the 360 cameras and somehow dont have the digital mirror.... do i just need the mirror and the cable to connect it to the cargo camera?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Need a little help.... Have a 2500 Limited with the 360 cameras and somehow dont have the digital mirror.... do i just need the mirror and the cable to connect it to the cargo camera?
That camera isn't compatible with the mirror.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Are the part numbers the same for 1500/2500/3500 when it comes the the camera and mirror?
I don't know. I only know about the 1500. I do know the mirror works on both 1500 and HD. I'm not sure on the CHMSL, but I think it is different. And you can get it with both cameras.

dailyherold

Reaction score
I'm actively looking for the CHMSL that is used for the Rear View Trailer Mode Camera. It is P/N 68551077AB, which supercedes the old P/N 68444540AB.
Did you end up using the newer P/N CHMSL?

Scarlet Beast

Reaction score
Finished my install today. I routed my 2nd bcm under the driver's seat. I wouldn't recommend it if your Amp is under there as there is really no where to secure the bcm. Going to move it somewhere under the driver's side dash tomorrow.
The picture looks great at night. Super clear.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got this all installed a few weeks ago and it’s pretty cool. With a 22’ it was about as easy as can be. The image messes with my astigmatism though and I have trouble with it so I’m probably going to end up going back to stock. Huge bummer because I do really like the mod!

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finished my install today. I routed my 2nd bcm under the driver's seat. I wouldn't recommend it if your Amp is under there as there is really no where to secure the bcm. Going to move it somewhere under the driver's side dash tomorrow.
The picture looks great at night. Super clear.
I used Velcro when I added to my 2020

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got this all installed a few weeks ago and it’s pretty cool. With a 22’ it was about as easy as can be. The image messes with my astigmatism though and I have trouble with it so I’m probably going to end up going back to stock. Huge bummer because I do really like the mod!
Just flip the mirror then you’re back to using the real mirror. Though you do lose the ability to flip at night this way.

But give it some time. It felt really weird for me in the beginning, with my eyes not focusing correctly at first. After a while, I adjusted.

Now I’ve got a bed rack, I can’t use the digital mirror, and I miss it. One of these days I’ll finish my project to relocate the camera to the back of the rack.

amaliks

Reaction score
Since i have FCW and ACC. Made following changes

LIN & Misc: CRVMM Present to NO
CBC Config I/O Usage: RVDM Present to YES
CBC Features LED CHMSL Lamp Present to YES

Got following error , seems to be lost communication with mirror control module. Any pointers?

Faults found.
U0213
Error code: U0213
No code description found

Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested
Car configuration change: CRVMM Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: RVDM Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED CHMSL Lamp Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

ouv

Reaction score
For sure saving for later date, thank you for this!

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since i have FCW and ACC. Made following changes

CBC Features LED CHMSL Lamp Present to YES

Got following error , seems to be lost communication with mirror control module. Any pointers?

Faults found.
U0213
Error code: U0213
No code description found

Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested
Car configuration change: CRVMM Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: RVDM Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED CHMSL Lamp Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
I’ll check my Alfa setting tomorrow but I’m pretty sure if I remember correctly when me and Jimmy figured this out this is how you settings should be. But I will double check in the morning and confirm.

CBC Features LED CHMSL Lamp Present to NO

vincentw56

Reaction score
I’ll check my Alfa setting tomorrow but I’m pretty sure if I remember correctly when me and Jimmy figured this out this is how you settings should be. But I will double check in the morning and confirm.

Yeah, I added the settings in the first post. Plus, they didn't say the year of their vehicle which makes a difference.

abmillh

Reaction score
I just got done upgrading my 1 input digital mirror to a 2 input and running the cable to the rear of the truck. It looks like it's going to be difficult to punch a (square) hole in the bumper where the HDs have the port. Anybody have a pic how they've mounted this? I'm designing something in CAD but wanted to see first if anyone else has solutioned this.

amaliks

Reaction score

Did you get a chance to look at the settings?

Ninjamoose

Reaction score
I am considering trying the correct Part number from a donor vehicle. Anyone ever have issues with used mirrors or cameras working from a donor? No re-flashing needed or anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread