5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Awesome would I enable only one thing or multiple functions to get it working.
It is listed in the PDF in the first post. I believe there are 2 settings. I think I'm AlfaODB you can just search for High.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I wonder if I could go in and try to fix my ACC, FCW, AEB and such with alphaobd? The dealer couldn’t get my systems back working after they tried to calibrate the system after having my windshield replaced. My truck has an unlocked pcm and is tuned and they say that’s why it won’t calibrate which seems odd to me since it has worked just fine for 2 plus years tuned.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I wonder if I could go in and try to fix my ACC, FCW, AEB and such with alphaobd? The dealer couldn’t get my systems back working after they tried to calibrate the system after having my windshield replaced. My truck has an unlocked pcm and is tuned and they say that’s why it won’t calibrate which seems odd to me since it has worked just fine for 2 plus years tuned.
You can't use AlfaODB to calibrate it. Find another dealer or a windshield company that will do it.

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealership. My truck is 1C6–SRFLT2NN–183510, a 2022 Rebel without ACC. They don't even have an HCU listed for my truck in their parts system, it shows up blank saying reference only. Sticker on my HCU says it's 68535468AB which doesn't come anywhere on google, various part sites, or the dealerships system. They did have my module listed as 68436461AJ. I had them run the vin on a 2022 Limited still on it's way to the dealer lot with ACC, couldn't find a Rebel with it. They pulled the same part numbers for module and HCU as on the write up, with the exception that a new module revision is out so it's 68436462AK now.

No idea what's going on with my particular HCU though, kinda odd that the part number doesn't exist. I was hoping the dealer could tell me what the system thinks it is. The printout they gave me shows the diagram with the module as 1 and the HCU as 2. Module is all populated like I'd expect it to be, description and part number. But the HCU is all greyed out and only has the description. I'm assuming I'd need to replace both to get ACC working, as I know my Module is the wrong part number I'd imagine the HCU is as well, but I'll have to guess instead of have a solid answer.

20211105_204631.jpg

xJudge21x

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealership. My truck is 1C6–SRFLT2NN–183510, a 2022 Rebel without ACC. They don't even have an HCU listed for my truck in their parts system, it shows up blank saying reference only. Sticker on my HCU says it's 68535468AB which doesn't come anywhere on google, various part sites, or the dealerships system. They did have my module listed as 68436461AJ. I had them run the vin on a 2022 Limited still on it's way to the dealer lot with ACC, couldn't find a Rebel with it. They pulled the same part numbers for module and HCU as on the write up, with the exception that a new module revision is out so it's 68436462AK now.

No idea what's going on with my particular HCU though, kinda odd that the part number doesn't exist. I was hoping the dealer could tell me what the system thinks it is. The printout they gave me shows the diagram with the module as 1 and the HCU as 2. Module is all populated like I'd expect it to be, description and part number. But the HCU is all greyed out and only has the description. I'm assuming I'd need to replace both to get ACC working, as I know my Module is the wrong part number I'd imagine the HCU is as well, but I'll have to guess instead of have a solid answer.

View attachment 118270
Yeah, if you read through the thread, which I know is huge now. We found that the ABS and HCU had to both be bought new, some tried just the ABS, but that didn't work. And one of the guys spent a lot of time doing the same as you and researched a ton going to different dealers.

I can tell you that following the sheet that was posted and replacing both and then bleeding the brakes manually and then with AlphaOBD and making sure the settings are right, gets you the results you want...I did have to go back a few times and re read some stuff that I missed, but this thread is absolutely complete and can get you there...plus this group of guys in here are very good and helping out when needed...

St-na

Reaction score

View attachment 118270
You are wasting You time going to dealer. If You want to know Your part number call: (214) 544-4505 and give them Your VIN.

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
You are wasting You time going to dealer. If You want to know Your part number call: (214) 544-4505 and give them Your VIN.
I only wanted to know what it was according to their system, since I couldn't find my HCU part number anywhere, but it just doesn't exist even in their system. She thinks it was a stand-in number that didn't go anywhere but wasn't sure, only that it doesn't show as being a part. Since I know my module part number is wrong, I'm guessing that the HCU is too and replacing both. I didn't see anyone else have that issue, so I brought it up just in case someone googling finds it helpful for some reason. Never know, I've been that guy that found a single sentence in a 15 year old thread useful. As far as running the 2022 vin, I just wanted to know if it was the same. Didn't seen anyone confirm what the 2022 had on it.

At any rate, I have the parts on their way, I'll post anything I run into doing the procedure.

St-na

Reaction score
I only wanted to know what it was according to their system, since I couldn't find my HCU part number anywhere, but it just doesn't exist even in their system. She thinks it was a stand-in number that didn't go anywhere but wasn't sure, only that it doesn't show as being a part. Since I know my module part number is wrong, I'm guessing that the HCU is too and replacing both. I didn't see anyone else have that issue, so I brought it up just in case someone googling finds it helpful for some reason. Never know, I've been that guy that found a single sentence in a 15 year old thread useful. As far as running the 2022 vin, I just wanted to know if it was the same. Didn't seen anyone confirm what the 2022 had on it.

At any rate, I have the parts on their way, I'll post anything I run into doing the procedure.
Page 4&5 in this thread about the same issue

rizman22

Reaction score

xJudge21x

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their abs and hcu. I’m planning on doing this to add Acc. I would have it done by a professional.
Yes, several of us have done this and got it working after going through all the steps that @tdb0021 put in the document. Some have tried to ask the dealer to install with no luck. I had a mechanic buddy of mine over and bought him some beers while he kinda supervised my bleeding of brakes and stuff. Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was gonna be, replacing the ABS Module and HCU were also pretty straightforward.

I think anyone can do it that has a little experience honestly. The only thing I woulda done different is to maybe go find a lift, having it up on the jack stands kinda made me nervous...but it was all good...

You might be able to find a shop (non-dealer) that woudl help you out or even do it for you, the only issue comes when you gotta run the procedures on AlphaOBD you gotta be there after they bleed the brakes manually and then do it in the program...at least as far as I could guess trying to do it like that.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out, lots of support on this site....

ar2186

Reaction score
Great thread - thanks for all the info. I'm not necessarily looking to add everything, at the moment I'd like to get my '21 BTS to about what I had on my '17 GC Trailhawk (blind spot monitoring, proximity sensors, automatic high beams, etc and I've done the rain sensing wipers already), but the big one would be adding the automatic braking if I'm about to hit something at slow speeds. My BTS will scream at me, but doesn't do any braking, which is probably a good thing at times given how much space it takes up in my garage.

Long story short - does anyone know how to add the Parksense automatic braking, if only in reverse, to the vehicle? I'm not sure I want a huge project right now to go full DASM etc.

Thanks for the help

vincentw56

Reaction score
Sounds like you already have the parking sensors. There is no automatic braking for the front only the rear. Check your settings in Uconnect. There should be a setting for it.

ar2186

Reaction score
I have “Rear Parksense Braking Assist” checked, but it doesn’t actually apply the brakes, just continues to beep at me. I wonder if that just means it’s broken?

Last edited:

Toperz

Reaction score
It should brake. Mine does, saved myass from hitting pole on parking.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ar2186

Reaction score
It should brake. Mine does, saved myass from hitting pole on parking.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

It's not, something must be wrong with it. Wonder if it's a casualty of the chip shortage and I don't have the right ABS or something. Inside it has part 68464879AG, which seems to be capable of stopping

1643909935915.png

vincentw56

Reaction score
Put a big box a few feet behind your truck and try to back into it. Even if you hit it, it won't hurt your truck. It should slam on the brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread