5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tried again today, no luck. I attached the CVPM status, seems like everything is in order. Not sure what I may be missing. Did you all use the ground lug next to the CVPM? And the white canbus block behind the headlight switch for the harness? Maybe something needs to be programmed differently because it's a Limited or a 23? Grasping at straws, hoping I didn't throw away $1200.
I used the canbus block right by the CVPM, but it shouldn't matter. Do you have the right CVPM for Uconnect 5?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I did, he was the one that said to use the canbus block behind the headlights.
Sounds like everything is connected right. Unless there is a bad CVPM, I don't see why it isn't working. I will say, that I've heard the PC version works better. I think that is what I used. I can't remember.

hammersfd

Reaction score
Sounds like everything is connected right. Unless there is a bad CVPM, I don't see why it isn't working. I will say, that I've heard the PC version works better. I think that is what I used. I can't remember.
I've done it primarily with the PC version, tried today with Android, same result.

Attachments

• PXL_20240412_210128509.jpg
    PXL_20240412_210128509.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20240412_210131885.jpg
    PXL_20240412_210131885.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 20

hammersfd

Reaction score
Welp, another couple hours wasted driving around parking lots, unplugging, replugging. Bought a new SGW bypass, still immediately failure on any camera I try. I'm going to go back to stock, if anyone is interested in parts to complete this mod. I have the mirrors with black caps, a Uconnect 5 CVPM, Black tailgate handle with LED light and camera installed, the Jimmy07 harness, and a few of the FAKRA Cables. I'm going to have to leave the front camera as that required some mods to my grill unfortunately. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks for all the help.

hammersfd

Reaction score
After talking with another, very helpful, forum member I'm realizing I never see the calibration screen at all. I only ever see the surround view screen, with black surrounding the truck. I just assumed because all the camera views worked, other than the stitched together one, that I was good. Could this be a problem with the CVPM, it was purchased new?

Last edited:

hammersfd

Reaction score
Just spent some time talking to a Mopar parts dealer, and apparently there's is a different part # for the CVPM for 23+24s with Uconnect 5. 56029968AF is the number they gave me from the VIN of a 23 limited that has the Level 1 package with surround view. Ordered that one up, and I'll see how it goes! I'll update after I receive it, maybe we can update the main post with the part#

vincentw56

Reaction score
Just spent some time talking to a Mopar parts dealer, and apparently there's is a different part # for the CVPM for 23+24s with Uconnect 5. 56029968AF is the number they gave me from the VIN of a 23 limited that has the Level 1 package with surround view. Ordered that one up, and I'll see how it goes! I'll update after I receive it, maybe we can update the main post with the part#
Let me us know if it works and I'll add it to the main post. Hopefully this works for you.

edehosse

Reaction score
Will do, of course its backordered with no ETA.
Looks like there's at least one on ebay you could get quick:

hammersfd

Reaction score
Thank you, tried but order cancelled!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240416-130813.png
    Screenshot_20240416-130813.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 11

PHILLYK1

Reaction score
quick question model part number 68451000AE CVPM would work on uconnect 4? its from a 2021 mine is 2020

hammersfd

Reaction score
Finally got the new CVPM today, and more disappointment. I have the same surround view screen, actually with more camera options than I had before for some reason, all the cameras show proper images, and a black surround on the top down. Hit start on front camera and get an immediate failure. Never see the calibration screen. Not sure what else could be wrong 🤷. I've tried contacting Jimmy07 for advice, thinking maybe the wiring is different in a 23+ Limited, 🤷 but no response. I'm completely defeated.

Attachments

• PXL_20240425_221305120.jpg
    PXL_20240425_221305120.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 12

vincentw56

Reaction score
Finally got the new CVPM today, and more disappointment. I have the same surround view screen, actually with more camera options than I had before for some reason, all the cameras show proper images, and a black surround on the top down. Hit start on front camera and get an immediate failure. Never see the calibration screen. Not sure what else could be wrong . I've tried contacting Jimmy07 for advice, thinking maybe the wiring is different in a 23+ Limited, but no response. I'm completely defeated.
Have you tried doing them all at once? Or a different one instead of the front one?

hammersfd

Reaction score
I tried all at once, and each one individually. Same result, immediate fail, never see the calibration screen.

hammersfd

Reaction score
Good news finally. I am calibrated and working!! I have no idea how it worked. I reversed all the Alpha changes and then redid them under the MY23 body computer. Still ended up failing immediately without a calibration screen. I decided to try using windows Alpha, and as soon as i connected to the CVPM, the truck went haywire, cluster flashing on and off, lights on and off, switches on and off, thought I was going to end up at the dealer with my tail between my legs. I disconnected the battery for a bit, and restarted the truck, everything seemed to be back to normal. I then retried calibrating with my android tablet, and instantly got the calibration view!!! Front camera took a few tries, but the other 3 went first shot. Thank you all for your help, much appreciated!!!

Users who are viewing this thread