5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

GTG2022

Reaction score
Which calibration routine are you using (from the drop down menu before the camera selections)?
From the my interface screen:
Ram 1500 (DS/DX/DT)
Radio
Select control unit=Central vision processing module. Use MS-CAN BLUE adapter

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From the my interface screen:
Ram 1500 (DS/DX/DT)
Radio
Select control unit=Central vision processing module. Use MS-CAN BLUE adapter
Which calibration? Just on a side note, I have always had the gateway bypassed for the calibrations.
DB816BEF-9BCC-4D5A-9961-0B68772153EA.jpeg

GTG2022

Reaction score
Been re-reading over this whole thread plus a few others to see if I was missing anything... from page 1 of the how to:
VehConfig 1: Rear View Camera- NO
VehConfig 2: CHMSL Camera- NO
VehConfig 7: Full Central Vision Processing Present- YES
ECUConfig 3: Rear Camera Present- NO
Radio & Connectivity: Rearview Camera Zoom Buttons Present- YES
Radio & Connectivity: Surround View Camera On/Off Softkey Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- NOT PRESENT
CustSetMenu 1: Rear Camera CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2: Rear View Camera Delay CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Delay CSM Present- YES
Cabin Net: CVPM Central vision processing- ENABLE

I have made these changes except :

I do not even see these options. Is this why I do not have the "surround view screen"? The only "camera screen" I have currently is the review camera (nothing else).

St-na

Reaction score
Did You change the model year in BCM to '2020? I have 2 soft keys: "surround view" and "back cam" not working.
For those who installed 68318033AI on '21. It may work right way, @Toperz had no problems, I faced troubles with 2 soft keys and fixed it by changing model year in BCM to '20.

Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
Been re-reading over this whole thread plus a few others to see if I was missing anything... from page 1 of the how to:
VehConfig 1: Rear View Camera- NO
VehConfig 2: CHMSL Camera- NO
VehConfig 7: Full Central Vision Processing Present- YES
ECUConfig 3: Rear Camera Present- NO
CustSetMenu 1: Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- NOT PRESENT
CustSetMenu 1: Rear Camera CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2: Rear View Camera Delay CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Delay CSM Present- YES
Cabin Net: CVPM Central vision processing- ENABLE

I have made these changes except :

I do not even see these options. Is this why I do not have the "surround view screen"? The only "camera screen" I have currently is the review camera (nothing else).
These are not shown in system ID, but for sure You get these options in Alfaobd, just use search function, is easier instead of going through the list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221-170017_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230221-170017_AlfaOBD.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 42

GTG2022

Reaction score
These are not shown in system ID, but for sure You get these options in Alfaobd, just use search function, is easier instead of going through the list.
Thanks! I now have the softkey. Still working on the calibration. I'm still not able to connect. Still getting this:

noconnect - Copy.jpg

GTG2022

Reaction score
Success at last! @Jimmy07 is the man! Thanks to his suggestion, I was able to calibrate all 4 cams in 10 maybe 15 mins! Thanks to @Stepanchina for helping enable the surround view softkey.
So just some FYI, I have a 2022 BH. I purchased the 56029964AF CVPM because it was the correct part # for MY2022 with UC5. I left the SGW bypass connected (Jimmy07 suggestion) to OBDLink MX+ and this allowed me to calibrate my cameras. This mod is now complete now onto park assist.

St-na

Reaction score
Reminded me to check the part number on that nut clip. Mopar 06034833. Looks stupid expensive online, who knew? I bet a dealer would hand you one for a buck if you asked nice 🙄
If I follow the diagrams is 6506955AA and 06104366AA (M6x1) needed
All 3 items available on ebay with the nice pictures.

Modstang

Reaction score
I'm incredibly lost on finding the right part number for my 2022 Limited Billet Silver Metallic. Specifically looking for no chrome, 360 camera compatible, non-multi function tailgate handle.
6RN821SCAA - was posted by Stepanchina but it appears to have some chrome.
7KJ42KXJAA - was posted by Piotr_Rebel saying that you could replace "KXJ" with your paint code. Silver is PSC and nothing comes back for that part number. Should I use "SC" for the paint code? I think this one is for the multi function.
7KJ40JSCAA - I found this one and it appears to be the right one.
I found the VIN of a Level 1 PSC truck if that helps finding the right part. 1C6RREHT7NN425127

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm incredibly lost on finding the right part number for my 2022 Limited Billet Silver Metallic. Specifically looking for no chrome, 360 camera compatible, non-multi function tailgate handle.
6RN821SCAA - was posted by Stepanchina but it appears to have some chrome.
7KJ42KXJAA - was posted by Piotr_Rebel saying that you could replace "KXJ" with your paint code. Silver is PSC and nothing comes back for that part number. Should I use "SC" for the paint code? I think this one is for the multi function.
7KJ40JSCAA - I found this one and it appears to be the right one.
I found the VIN of a Level 1 PSC truck if that helps finding the right part. 1C6RREHT7NN425127
7KJ43JSCAA

Maintf16

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has bought the cameras and modified their current mirror to accept it.

St-na

Reaction score
Last edited:

Franklin18

Reaction score
Getting close. Everything is installed. I can see the front and rear cameras, but the surround image is still black around the truck. Calibration was completed on the rear, left, and right cameras, but continues to fail on the front. Any tips?

St-na

Reaction score
Getting close. Everything is installed. I can see the front and rear cameras, but the surround image is still black around the truck. Calibration was completed on the rear, left, and right cameras, but continues to fail on the front. Any tips?
[/QUOTE
For me calibration of "not calibrated camera" option helped.

Franklin18

Reaction score
Thanks, tried that but same result. Going as slow as 3 mph and as fast as 8 mph, still fails. Sometimes after the fail it flashes the 360 image for a split second then disappears. So close, but no luck.

Maintf16

Reaction score
I just started to buy things, if I could find um cheap enough, here and there for the 360° surround view and bought the ram badge for the front with the camera already installed and jumper harness installed too. However I just now looked at my front end and it does not look like my ram symbol is separate from the grill. It's appears to be all one piece. Will I need to buy the entire front grill section? Was also curious if anyone knows if they make a matte black 360° surround compatible tailgate handle? I can only find the shiny black one.
1678592353850.jpeg
1678592414262.jpeg
1678592453203.jpeg

Last edited:

Franklin18

Reaction score
I just started to buy things, if I could find um cheap enough, here and there for the 360° surround view and bought the ram badge for the front with the camera already installed and jumper harness installed too. However I just now looked at my front end and it does not look like my ram symbol is separate from the grill. It's appears to be all one piece. Will I need to buy the entire front grill section? Was also curious if anyone knows if they make a matte black 360° surround compatible tailgate handle? I can only find the shiny black one.
View attachment 154351
View attachment 154352
View attachment 154353
Mine didn't come off either. I cut the letter in the grill like someone else did earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

Franklin18

Reaction score
For those who installed 68318033AI on '21. It may work right way, @Toperz had no problems, I faced troubles with 2 soft keys and fixed it by changing model year in BCM to '20.
On my '21 I had to change the model year to '20 for the soft keys. Still no luck on the calibration and also noticed no grid lines on the backup cam. Anyone know if there's a way to reset the CVPM?

Users who are viewing this thread