5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How to fix bottom part of CVPM to the body? There are no any thread for this. Manual shows bolt there, seems to be M10.
How do you find info like this on install for the module?? I can never find information like this EVER.

Daverous

Reaction score
Reminded me to check the part number on that nut clip. Mopar 06034833. Looks stupid expensive online, who knew? I bet a dealer would hand you one for a buck if you asked nice 🙄

rbusbee

Reaction score
My CVPM is part no. 56029964AF. I believe this is the correct module for my '22, but tbh, at this point, if the solution is as simple as just replacing the module, I would consider that good news.
I think you have the tow mirror one. The reason is because on the side overlay of the truck you can see it has the white and black lines. That shows up for only tow mirrors.
My CVPM is 56029964AF and is working fine for my '22. I do not have tow-mirrors.
This is good to know.(y)
Just a thought, since 21st and 22nd models using one CVPM for tow and non tow mirrors, may be there are some settings in alfaobd to be changed.
I posted the same scenario a few weeks ago, so it's good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. It does appear though that I might be the only one with a 2021 with the UC5 and non-tow mirrors.
This is getting extremely frustrating, so I'm watching this very closely.
For the camera calibrations, I’ve found that the environment doesn’t really matter, but just go as slow as possible before it’s too slow for the calibration, and just do individual cameras (instead of the all uncalibrated cameras option).
UPDATE: I finally just decided to get tow mirrors. The cameras calibrated first try. It was so easy. All I can figure is that 56029964AF is made for UC5 w/Tow Mirrors only.

20230218_095344.jpg

If there is a way to get it to work with regular mirrors, I don't know what it is. It's clearly set for tow mirrors by default, and there must be some extra step that I am unaware of that tells the module it's not dealing with tow mirrors.

If there is a different module for non-tow mirrors, I cannot find the part no. Even TechAuthority lists 56029964AF as the only replacement part for '22 1500 DTs.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
UPDATE: I finally just decided to get tow mirrors. The cameras calibrated first try. It was so easy. All I can figure is that 56029964AF is made for UC5 w/Tow Mirrors only.

View attachment 152180

If there is a way to get it to work with regular mirrors, I don't know what it is. It's clearly set for tow mirrors by default, and there must be some extra step that I am unaware of that tells the module it's not dealing with tow mirrors.

If there is a different module for non-tow mirrors, I cannot find the part no. Even TechAuthority lists 56029964AF as the only replacement part for '22 1500 DTs.
Now that it is calibrated, you could try putting the others mirrors on. Don't know if it would work.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 152180

I am working on building up everything to buy and use regular mirrors for mine and I am working with a few people I’ll see what they think about it and I’ll definitely post how mine goes but I’m still about a month away or so before I start that project but there has to be a way because people have them and they sell them with regular non-tow mirrors all the time. But hey if you like the tow mirrors then keep it that way!

St-na

Reaction score
I am working on building up everything to buy and use regular mirrors for mine and I am working with a few people I’ll see what they think about it and I’ll definitely post how mine goes but I’m still about a month away or so before I start that project but there has to be a way because people have them and they sell them with regular non-tow mirrors all the time. But hey if you like the tow mirrors then keep it that way!
@Piotr_Rebel build surround view system with non-tow mirrors and 56029964AF CVPM for his '22.

GTG2022

Reaction score
I didn’t get this done yesterday. This morning,I made all the connections and programmed with Alfa. After programming, I could only see the backup camera. No softkeys or other cameras and no surround view in APPS. I turned off the vehicle and waited about 30 minutes, still nothing. I checked all connections and they seem fine (power to the CVPM, ground, camera connections to the CVPM, CVPM from radio to CVPM out and radio unit and CAN HIS (connected under the drivers side). I tried again and still nothing. I disconnected the battery and waited 30 minutes still nothing on the screen.

For kicks, I connected to the CVPM to calibrate just to see. Alpha connects to the CVPM but when I try and calibrate the only camara I have (rear) I got a message that it could not communicate (see pic). I tried running the procedure just for kicks and got the second pic it shows all other cameras but I could not select any of them. When I put the truck in drive it would switch to the front camera but I could not calibrate it. It would eventually time out (30 seconds maybe) and then default back to only the rear view camera. Can anyone tell me what I may have missed?

Details:
MY 2022 BH
56029964AF CVPM (Uconnect 5 with NAV)
Regular mirrors w/ BSM ( I know it shows a tow mirror view but this is the only unit for the year)
Alpha for android and MX+
Alpha1 - Copy.PNG
Rear - Copy.PNG

Front1 - Copy.PNG

Toperz

Reaction score
I didn’t get this done yesterday. This morning,I made all the connections and programmed with Alfa. After programming, I could only see the backup camera. No softkeys or other cameras and no surround view in APPS. I turned off the vehicle and waited about 30 minutes, still nothing. I checked all connections and they seem fine (power to the CVPM, ground, camera connections to the CVPM, CVPM from radio to CVPM out and radio unit and CAN HIS (connected under the drivers side). I tried again and still nothing. I disconnected the battery and waited 30 minutes still nothing on the screen.

For kicks, I connected to the CVPM to calibrate just to see. Alpha connects to the CVPM but when I try and calibrate the only camara I have (rear) I got a message that it could not communicate (see pic). I tried running the procedure just for kicks and got the second pic it shows all other cameras but I could not select any of them. When I put the truck in drive it would switch to the front camera but I could not calibrate it. It would eventually time out (30 seconds maybe) and then default back to only the rear view camera. Can anyone tell me what I may have missed?

Details:
MY 2022 BH
56029964AF CVPM (Uconnect 5 with NAV)
Regular mirrors w/ BSM ( I know it shows a tow mirror view but this is the only unit for the year)
Alpha for android and MX+
View attachment 152587
View attachment 152588

View attachment 152591
the way I did calibration is:
Before I hit start in Alfaobd I started driving slow straight line. Then I selected camera view on screen(back----driving in reverse, front for front and side mirrors----driving forward) and it calibrated. Once you start driving and run calibration progress screen should pop up.

vincentw56

Reaction score
You don't get anything until you calibrate. You might get just the rear or front and rear.

GTG2022

Reaction score
Before I hit start in Alfaobd I started driving slow straight line. Then I selected camera view on screen(back----driving in reverse, front for front and side mirrors----driving forward) and it calibrated. Once you start driving and run calibration progress screen should pop up.
Okay, I'll try it. Do you know when you saw the softkey for surround view. It's been a few hours and I don't see it.

GTG2022

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong or missing a step. I'm following these steps but still cannot get a calibration screen for any camera. I am using OBDLink MX + and android (phone).

MX - Copy.jpg
I'm connected and start driving (2-5mph)
alphaconnect - Copy.jpg
I hit start and this comes up after about 2 seconds. I try to speed up, go slower, try different cameras but get the same message.
noconnect - Copy.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong or missing a step. I'm following these steps but still cannot get a calibration screen for any camera. I am using OBDLink MX + and android (phone).

View attachment 152619
View attachment 152620
I hit start and this comes up after about 2 seconds. I try to speed up, go slower, try different cameras but get the same message.
View attachment 152622
Which calibration routine are you using (from the drop down menu before the camera selections)?

vincentw56

Reaction score

View attachment 152619
View attachment 152620
View attachment 152622
You don't have the bypass cable plugged in, do you? You don't use it for this.

Users who are viewing this thread