5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

St-na

Reaction score
If you strike out with the whole sale route there is at least one seller on eBay with several new units. I had issues with the used ones I bought first from wrecks. Ran more than it should, but at least it was in stock 🙁
ebay is not the best source, I would rather buy from mopar sellers. Many in stock. Also cheaper and no tax.

Franklin18

Reaction score
If you strike out with the whole sale route there is at least one seller on eBay with several new units. I had issues with the used ones I bought first from wrecks. Ran more than it should, but at least it was in stock 🙁

ebay is not the best source, I would rather buy from mopar sellers. Many in stock. Also cheaper and no tax.
Thx, Bam has it available so I placed the order. I think I have everything ordered now. I will build the harness myself. Now hopefully when it all arrives, I will have time to work on it.

rbusbee

Reaction score
This calibration issue has been the most frustrating thing for me. After all the time and work, to get to the very end and keep running into a brick wall over and over!

Here's where I'm at. I completed installation of parts and wiring and alfaobd programming. Cameras appear on display:
Surround View.jpg Left Camera.jpg Right Camera.jpg

In initial attempt to calibrate, front and rear calibrate quickly. Mirror cams give me trouble. Left camera eventually calibrates after several attempts. Right does not. So, I order another mirror with camera from Ebay. Install, and try again. I'm having the same problem.

During troubleshoot, I recalibrate all cameras. Again, front and rear calibrate right away. Left camera now will not re-calibrate and right still does not. I have tried different surfaces and speeds. Going as slow as possible, in the middle and 7-8mph. I'm running out of ideas.

I can't help but notice that the front and rear had a fish-eye view right away, before calibration. Left and right just seem to point at front tires.

Do you guys have any ideas/suggestions?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This calibration issue has been the most frustrating thing for me. After all the time and work, to get to the very end and keep running into a brick wall over and over!

Here's where I'm at. I completed installation of parts and wiring and alfaobd programming. Cameras appear on display:
View attachment 150036 View attachment 150037 View attachment 150038

In initial attempt to calibrate, front and rear calibrate quickly. Mirror cams give me trouble. Left camera eventually calibrates after several attempts. Right does not. So, I order another mirror with camera from Ebay. Install, and try again. I'm having the same problem.

During troubleshoot, I recalibrate all cameras. Again, front and rear calibrate right away. Left camera now will not re-calibrate and right still does not. I have tried different surfaces and speeds. Going as slow as possible, in the middle and 7-8mph. I'm running out of ideas.

I can't help but notice that the front and rear had a fish-eye view right away, before calibration. Left and right just seem to point at front tires.

Looks like you have tow mirrors and Uconnect 5, correct?

Piotr_Rebel

Reaction score

View attachment 150036 View attachment 150037 View attachment 150038

Maybe somebody with Tow mirrors can confirm rather have same view from side cameras, as my cameras with non-tow mirrors looking straight down.

GTG2022

Reaction score
I don't have my truck with me right now to check, but I have feeling that your side cameras viewing much more inboard and forward than mine.

Edit:
I've got photos from my wife, but it is dark outside now
View attachment 150046 View attachment 150047 View attachment 150048
Following this closely because I just ordered my cvpm (UC5 non tow mirrors). It seems like you have the safety lines all around the vehicle, front back and sides vs. just the front and back for the mirrors without "tow mirrors". If I have been following correctly, you Do Not have tow mirrors correct?

rbusbee

Reaction score
My CVPM is part no. 56029964AF. I believe this is the correct module for my '22, but tbh, at this point, if the solution is as simple as just replacing the module, I would consider that good news.

GTG2022

Reaction score
My CVPM is part no. 56029964AF. I believe this is the correct module for my '22, but tbh, at this point, if the solution is as simple as just replacing the module, I would consider that good news.
I ordered this cvpm part # also. I have a 2022 1500 with UC5. So from what I have read, this is the correct part number (56029964AF) ? I do not have tow mirrors but yes if you do get this issue resolved, please let us know what cvpm you use to get it working (I have the same specs as you do).

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think you have the tow mirror one. The reason is because on the side overlay of the truck you can see it has the white and black lines. That shows up for only tow mirrors.

rbusbee

Reaction score
Continued troubleshooting. I put an object on the ground directly underneath the left mirror camera. I could not see it in the camera.

Comparing my video to Piotr's, mine is definitely pointing forward, and it's pointing more at my door:
Right Camera.jpg right.jpg
In mine (left), my truck occupies half the image. In Piotr's (right), his truck takes up less than a quarter. I am certain this is the cause/related to my calibration issue.

I do not believe the problem is with my cameras. I have used three different cameras, from two different sellers on eBay. They all had the same forward/inboard pointing view. I think this problem has to be coming from the CPVM.

I physically checked my CPVM to confirm I wasn't sent the wrong model by mistake:
20230128_194108.jpg
It's 56029964AF (at least according to this sticker).

Based on Piotr's information above, and what I've been able to find, this is the correct module for my '22 with non-tow windows. I'm wondering if I just have a defective module and should send it back.

St-na

Reaction score
Just a thought, since 21st and 22nd models using one CVPM for tow and non tow mirrors, may be there are some settings in alfaobd to be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread