5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
I purchased my Rebel July 1st (thank God) and have put around 700 miles on it ever since. I have washed and detailed the truck twice and am happy to report that everything from the body, paint, interior, and overall performance have been better than any other new vehicle I have ever purchased. The truck has been amazing and is a joy to drive, and look at!
First FCA purchase and I couldn’t be happier with the truck at this point.

Rebel 12

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to my 2015 F150 within the first 1000 miles, "evaporate emissions", turned out to be a sensor/filter in the fuel tank. I hate those yellow engine lights, but luckily, it's usually something small with the emissions system. Filter or valve.

Yep that's what is was sensor/filter in the tank

jman307

Reaction score
I have 12K miles and although I had two recalls done, I hadn't experienced any affects the recall work was supposed to eliminate. The one and only issue I've experienced is the steering not returning to center from a slightly left turn after driving for over an hour. Besides that everything has been perfect.
I’m having the same issue with not returning to center but when I turn right. What was the fix for yours?

TXRAM23

Reaction score
Maybe it's all in my head but I feel like my transmission is starting to get real jerking and not shifting as smooth. Also, on a cold start in the morning for the first half a mile or so it seems like it is real hesitant and the power doesn't come on very smoothly.

mahogoff

Reaction score
My radio changes from Satellite to AM when starting up, has stopped working altogether, and sometimes changes channels on it's own.

klail

Reaction score
Unfortunately had to change my vote from no issues to electrical issue. Check engine light came on and after trying a few different things, the dealer will be removing the body from the chassis and replacing the wiring harness.

41magmag41

Reaction score
2019 1500 big horn, 5.7. 8 speed, 4x4. 10000 miles in 4 months and some other goodies on her. Other than the air bag control being reprogramed runs like a top. Getting between 18.9 mpg and 21 mpg depending on driving conditions. If this keeps up I"ll end up keeping her for 5 or 6 years like my tacoma I traded for her and put 160000 miles on her. Great truck for a new model.

retho78

Reaction score
2019 RAM Laramie Sport with Off Road Package 1300 miles on it and getting between 16 to 18.5 MPGs depending on driving conditions.

Attachments

• IMG_20190805_073719__01.jpg
    IMG_20190805_073719__01.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 70
Reaction score
So I have a Longhorn with ramboxes... the plastic cover at the top of them is a bit bowed on each side and they definitely fit a bit wonky but I figure it’s worth it for the convenience. I absolutely love them.
Aside from that... if noticed that the smart key act off sometimes... at a gas pump I could not use the lock button on the door handle to lock the truck. Final thing is the tonneau cover, it’s factory for the 5 7 bed with ram boxes and is loosish at the back and does not seat on the tailgate... maybe a 1/2 “ gap. I adjusted the rails that it latches to by loosening the bolts and pushing them down a bit but that only got me half way there. There is definitely a flaw with the cover itself.

flynfish

Reaction score
Not sure if this is really an issue, but wanted to see if anyone else noticed this. The other weekend I went camping in our brand new 1900. We could see the truck from our campsite and after it was off for a while... on a few different occasions the 12in screen just turned on by itself, and then would shut back down. Seemed really strange that it would do that.

Anyone else notice it before?

NHRoadking

Reaction score
According to the poll, 50% of responders have experienced problems. Does that seem high or is it typical with a first model year truck?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
According to the poll, 50% of responders have experienced problems. Does that seem high or is it typical with a first model year truck?

Said this somewhere yesterday but reply also applies here....it seems almost every feature on my 2019 1500 is NOT without its "compromise"...

For absolute sure, the 5th generation of RAM is the generation that MOST "giveth & taketh" (i can say this, i've gone thru 4 *FOUR* 5th gens already : )

Is the design beautiful and an improvement in almost EVERY way?! YES

Are their glitches, inferior materials/poorer build quality, priced HIGHER with MORE visits to Service Dept than i've ever experienced before AND equipped with, "the suckiest A/C unit i've ever had??!"
Also YES

Would i buy it again knowing now about all her quirks? DEFINITELY YES

(Personally, i am finding ALL products manufactured in 2019 (no matter what the item) are subject to the exact same problems RAM has and doesn't, "Look, feel, & drive" nearly as well as my 2019 1500 5th Gen RAM IMHO : )

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
My issues was with the active noice cancellation. It was doing the awful drone noise. The dealership disbt know how to fix it so i spent 3 months surfing online to find others with common symptoms. I found this forum and it was easily identified. I had to print the TSB off of this forum, take it in to the dealer and show them how to fix it.

cadillacrules

Reaction score
My 19' has been towed 5 times since new in January of 2019 for a intermittent parasitic battery drain.
The first time was in Phoenix and the driver told me it was the 4th 19' he had towed personally !!
FCA has no solution at this point. And Customer Service in Canada says no loaner, and there is no recourse for replacement.
It either has to be worked out soon or I will have to go back to an F150.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

LSHLive

Reaction score
2019 Limited here, 50,000 miles: Been by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned in terms of requiring service and spending days in the shop.

Window trim broke loose on passenger side ( ~5000 miles )
Towed 2x for loss of power steering/electronics: 15 days in the shop for loose ground replacement. ( ~15,000 miles )
Intermittent UConnect not working, no sound through speakers, randomly won't turn on.
Severe brake squealing after sitting overnight ( ~5000 miles )
Rubbing noise/vibration felt through steering wheel when turning, 3 times in the shop with no fix so far. ( ~20,000 miles )
Uneven tire wear, middle tread of rear tires completely worn (in need of replacement) and front tires severe cupping. (~30,000 miles ) (Rotated every oil change)
Rear passenger side door locks will pop open when locked, setting off car alarm and allowing access to truck. Requires manual push down to lock. ( ~30,000 miles )
Recently returned from a trip to Canada for 12 days to find the truck completely dead, took it in to shop and no answer. "With all the computers in the trucks these days, it's not unreasonable to think that it could have died sitting there for that long." :rolleyes:

Been a Dodge fan for a long time after switching from Chevy, owned 2011 R/T Charger , 2015 SRT Charger, 2017 R/T Charger, and now this truck and am extremely disappointed with the quality of this one.

Last edited:

diamondmi

Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck arrived!!! Yes!

heydre

Reaction score
Thoughts for this thread:
  • It would make sense to break off the 2020 Ram into a separate poll possibly with the dating/sort that I speak of above
  • Also be interesting to know after the first polling if owners are now satisfied after recall/service bulletins

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hit one year mark and 13,700 miles yesterday. 0 issues just the normal recalls done.

Users who are viewing this thread