5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is a poll of current 2019 New Ram owners only, intended to collect data on the good and bad of this new model year truck. Doubtless there will be issues, but hopefully this poll will help us sort out the “one-off” isolated problems from the common problems that will affect us all.

Please respond by checking off each system which did not function as designed, and/or required service. If all systems are go please only select “No Problems/Happy Camper.”
- Please consider all systems.
- If a system breaks down after you take the poll, I will set it up so you can edit your responses.
- Post specifics regarding any item you selected to explain your specific malfunction.

This poll will only be as valuable as the accuracy of the responses... Good news and bad news stories, as long as they are accurate and truthful, are equally welcome. Hopefully it will help us all either be confident in our new, wonderful machines, or help us identify and resolve problems. Or both.

- YoAdrian

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Think squeaky brakes should be added to the list? Or do you want that in wheels/tires?
Updated: Now included under SUSPENSION.

Include in wheels/tires, explain in comments. I wasn’t allowed to add more response options unfortunately (would have liked to), and it won’t let me change the poll. We’ll roll with it as is... perfect is the enemy of good!

Last edited:

GeoZ

Reaction score
UConnect went dead on the third day. It fixed itself in two hours. I always feel it might be the sirus radio so I keep it selected to usb. So far no problem.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@sticker500 can you describe the interior fit and finish problem as I haven’t seen any discussions of it, and specify which wheel/tire/brake problem you experienced? I was able to link to your other threads on AC, UConnect... and thanks for doing the poll.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@bmoney5813 thanks for reporting, I had forgotten about your starting problem and was surprised the service dept still hadn’t sorted it. Keep us updated.

BTW to all, a cool feature of this poll I’ve discovered is you can see which user had what problems, select their profile, and follow their posts to get more info. @Jared B although I wish I could make this poll better with more specific options to select, even as-is it might be sticky-worthy as a way to navigate to the various problems popping up, but also balanced with a way to see there are lots of happy campers with no real issues.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Made this thread a sticky. I'll look into increasing the amount of poll options.
SWEET. I’ll start designing version 2 to be more comprehensive, if I need to make a new one the folks who already contributed could likely fill it out again in seconds. Thanks!

If anyone has recommendations or ideas for poll improvement post them here for consideration.

alow

Reaction score
I still need to check out my plugs and make sure they all work but otherwise knock on wood I think I'm doing well. I am missing the wall plug but thats not a malfunction.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
SWEET. I’ll start designing version 2 to be more comprehensive, if I need to make a new one the folks who already contributed could likely fill it out again in seconds. Thanks!

If anyone has recommendations or ideas for poll improvement post them here for consideration.

Let me know what you want to add/remove and I'll update your original post for you.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know what you want to add/remove and I'll update your original post for you.
Ok @Jared B updating these selections to read as listed below will make them more thorough and comprehensive.

Hey @sticker500 I have to ask a favor, after @Jared B rewords these selections can you re-do your votes so your brake squeals go up to SUSPENSION please?

With this list we don’t have to go over 10 options.

1-BODY (Paint, bumpers, frame, bed, tailgate, Rambox, windows, mirrors, moonroof)
2-SUSPENSION (Air or normal susp, steering, brakes, wheels/tires)
3-TRANSMISSION (Differential)
4-ENGINE (Oil, coolant, fuel, exhaust systems)
5-LIGHTING (Cabin, dash, bed, exterior lighting, headlights)
6-ELECTRICAL (Start system, battery, alternator, eTorque BSG)
7-CLIMATE CONTROL (Air conditioning, heating, seat heat/vent)
8-INTERIOR FIT AND FINISH (Seats, cabin, floor, dash, noises)
9-ELECTRONICS (UConnect, displays, nav, sound, safety systems, USB/115v plugs)
10-NO PROBLEMS/HAPPY CAMPER

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good! Too early still probably, but I envision a follow on poll called something like “2019 New Ram Post-repair poll” to capture how many of these problems were quickly sorted out, and how many still fall short of our owner’s satisfaction. Thoughts?

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who has filled out the 2019 Ram owner’s poll above. You guys are great, and this info is really important to our community, made up of current and aspiring 5th gen Ram owners. This isn’t about complaining, it’s about helping eachother solve the easy problems, and knowing when the service department really needs a call.

So far we’ve been averaging just over half of our new owners being “Happy Campers” with zero required repairs. Don’t take this the wrong way, I know some of you can be happy even with a repair issue, I just thought it was a nice label to use.

Regarding repairs, the most common problems to date seem to be the following three:

- 1 in 7 trucks have suspension issues most likely related to squealing brakes within the first 5k
— consider “bedding them in”, have service dept listen, service/resurface rotors if necessary
— Post 17 bed in procedure (be careful): https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/brake-noise-squealing.459/

- 1 in 7 have weak/substandard air conditioning
— set up a test, procedures are posted. If AC temp is too warm (>55 F most of the time), or driver’s side is warmer than passenger side have it looked at!
— Post 15 temp standards, post 23 test procedure: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/air-conditioning-performance.990/

- Finally 1 in 3 have some sort of weirdness going on with UConnect or the advanced electronics...
— soft reset procedure posted, keep reporting them, let’s hope those get cleared up with software updates.
— Post 11 soft reset: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-soft-reset-12”uconnect.645/

Of course there are other 2019 problems you all are dealing with out there, some very serious (eg starting), but knock on wood we haven’t seen them in great numbers yet.

Lastly please remember the manufacturer is not going to do anything about anything unless you take the time to report problems in at the service dept and request they fix it. For your sake, and for those in this community that are following you this year, please consider doing so. Thanks again!

Last edited:

jamesfg

Reaction score
There is something really wonky with the stereo, we have the "Alpine" system. When I connect my ipod touch to the truck via the cable none of my playlists appear on the display. I've changed cables and ports so that's not the issue. I know it's not my pod as it works perfectly in my Daytona and my daughter's Journey. My wife has a iphone and she too is having issues with it not reading all of the features on her phone. When we take it in for 1st service I'll have the dealer take a look at it.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted to run around locally for a few days to see if anything needed to be addressed by the dealer. Nothing as of this morning. I'm fixing to head back to Michigan as soon as I get a couple more things in order around home. Looks like a 1200 mile shakedown run soon.

Tacticalpanda

Reaction score
I just cast my vote. Wanted to put running well so far. But when i bought it i didnt get to take it home for 10 days. Needed the transfercase replaced. Put it under transmission.

However with that said and 1100 miles later nothing has gone wrong and i love this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread