5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Tmcb

Reaction score
Recently had an issue where the sunroof drain grommets were not correctly installed. There are separate threads on this issue. If you have a panoramic sunroof, check the drain grommets between the bed and cab. Chances are they are incorrectly installed which allows water to enter the truck cab behind the rear seat.
I checked after reading your post and sure enough, one was not installed properly. Thank you for the heads up

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue so far for me was moisture in the drivers side headlamp. So ugly on a new vehicle and reduces the amount of light you get from so much refraction. Dealer replaced it and no issues since.

Reaction score
I put my issue under electrical, when I use my remote start, after I get in the truck and push the ignition start button, on the gage cluster it flashes “service shifter” and I’ll push the break pedal and the shifter knob is locked and won’t turn out of park, I gotta shut the truck off and restart for it to work normall, sometimes multiple restarts to get it to work normal. At the dealership on the computer they found the electronic shift control module is faulty, part is back ordered. That aside I’m very happy with this truck

Mdinana

Reaction score
I put "no problems," but I have had the squeaky brakes maybe 3 times. I've had the truck since November, have around 7K miles. So far the brakes don't bother me much, it's usually on cold mornings when backing out of my parking space, then not again on the drive. I attribute to frost or something being rubbed off.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I purchased a rebel almost 2 months ago. So far i have enjoyed the truck. The connect system restarted itself one day when I was driving it and the other day when i started the truck it had some noise for about 2 seconds. Then went away. I poster said after the first oil change it would go away b/c of the filter so Ill see how that goes. Other than that the truck has been great. I traded in my 2014 Tundra TRD double cab for this truck. So far I'm happy with the purchase

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a rebel almost 2 months ago. So far i have enjoyed the truck. The connect system restarted itself one day when I was driving it and the other day when i started the truck it had some noise for about 2 seconds. Then went away. I poster said after the first oil change it would go away b/c of the filter so Ill see how that goes. Other than that the truck has been great. I traded in my 2014 Tundra TRD double cab for this truck. So far I'm happy with the purchase

Does anyone know if FCA does software pushes to the Uconnect system which would maybe then require a reboot?

edgarrian

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FCA does software pushes to the Uconnect system which would maybe then require a reboot?
My tundra would reboot at least once every few months when driving. From my understanding it needed an update from the manufacture of the radio itself. I don't think they push updates to trucks that way but I could be wrong. Even toyota didnt have the update for the radio. One has to wonder what kind of software is in these. I have an old iPad that i rarely have issues with. My wife has a newer one and it always seems to work fine.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Ordered a Loaded Limited, took delivery two weeks ago. I've quickly learned that many "issues" were addressed in the owner's manual, and instead of being a problem they were features or function either new to me (torque steer correction on lane assist) or incomplete configuration (not saving settings to memory). This forum has been an exceptional resource.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Riding along today with a smirk on my face...truck was quiet and smooth...just like every other time I've driven it. 6,800 miles

Blofish

Reaction score
Voted, Just for info, I had the Uconnect audio go all kinds of wacked out. Called Uconnect after getting frustrated, they walked me through a soft reboot of the system and was fixed in under 7 minutes. Initially disappointing but very happy with customer service.

probe

Reaction score
This past Saturday my 12 inch UConnect started resetting itself about every 2 minutes...over and over and over. Shutting truck off did not help, calling Sirius XM and having them reset Sirius did not help. Took to the dealer on Monday and for the last 3 days they have been trying to figure out and attempting to reload software. Called UConnect and they verified I have the latest software and although they heard of the issue that I am having they cannot help and defer to the dealer. Dealer gave me my truck back today because they stated they could not keep me in a rental because they are waiting to hear back from FCA on the fix with no timeline provided. So I am disappointed that I have to drive my truck around with this annoying reset every couple of minutes. Im all ears if anyone can HELP!! The dealer told me they opened a star case.
This is my first annoying and major issue for me.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
2600 miles out of mine. At about 1000 miles, I started to get some clunking or popping noise from the sounds of the A/C pillars area or the frame. Not 100% sure if it's the sway bars or the A pillar mounts.

There is a TSB that went out on how to repair problems. Dropped off the vehicle this morning. If all goes well, my truck will be near flawless.

Other issue is that the leather seems to be softening up, which isn't what's expected according to other members, doesn't seem like a problem yet... but we'll see.

Mechaero19

Reaction score
Running good. Once I put around 1600 mile on it I started seeing the MPG increase. Now it's closer to my 2014 I traded. Getting 18.6 MPG local driving in the 2019. That's with 275 60-R20 @40lb.

That's so weird. I noticed the same. I'm in at just over 1,000 miles. First 2 weeks, I literally filled my tank exactly 7 days later. Now I'm going past 1.5 weeks. I dunno, just weird to me.

edgarrian

Reaction score
So I have noticed with my truck when i turn the knob real fast to drive it will not actually initiate into drive. I do not press on the gas to see if it will go as it could slam into gear and of course do damage to the tranny. I do however slowly turn the know back to park and then back to drive and it goes in. Its almost as if its confused when I just turn it real quick. I know some have had the issue and thought id post what i found.

alangsam

Reaction score
2600 miles out of mine. At about 1000 miles, I started to get some clunking or popping noise from the sounds of the A/C pillars area or the frame. Not 100% sure if it's the sway bars or the A pillar mounts.

There is a TSB that went out on how to repair problems. Dropped off the vehicle this morning. If all goes well, my truck will be near flawless.

Other issue is that the leather seems to be softening up, which isn't what's expected according to other members, doesn't seem like a problem yet... but we'll see.

What do you mean softening up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deriggs007

Reaction score
What do you mean softening up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like loose patches of the leather instead of being firm on the seat. I don't mean "softer" leather. Just more "loose" I guess you would say. My 2016 Mazda CX-5 does not have that problem.

Supposedly members have had theirs replaced/fixed

mharringer

Reaction score
I don't want to jinx myself, and I only have 600 miles driven, but so far my truck is absolute perfection. This thing has so far exceeded my expectations it is not funny. I would have expected something would be wrong by now. Paint=perfect. Body and door gaps=perfect. Squeaks and rattles= not a one. Driveline= smooth with no noises or issues. Electronics= overwhelming but working great. I know my day is coming, but I would have expected something by now. Let me walk out there and see if fate has something waiting for me. This is my first new FCA product. Honestly, I was a little nervous about it, but the Ram Limited was something I just had to try. If this keeps up I could be a customer for a while. It is everything I was hoping it was going to be. Now back to that jinx part.............
Mine is sitting at a dealer in Boise, similar build date. I hope I have the same experience!

Users who are viewing this thread