5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Realtyman

Reaction score
I really hated to answer this question. Mine has been bulletproof up until now. But now that I said that, let's see what next week brings.

Rocketman

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie sport (build date 7/18) and haven’t had any issues yet, thank goodness. I’ve only had it a couple weeks and have 800 miles on it so far, but she drives like a dream. No rattles, no leaks, no whistle, or squeaky brakes. 12 inch display works flawlessly, and leather interior was put together quit well.

I know it’s still early in the process, but I think I may have purchased a solid vehicle. It’s too bad there are so many issues going on with some of these new trucks, but I think FCA will get them corrected.

I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to lemon law a vehicle if it continues to have problems, I did with my 2010 Bighorn...but turned right around and picked up a new 2012 Bighorn that was (and still is) awesome.

I’m super happy with my purchase......so far.

Well I’m sorry to report, but now at 8900 miles, my truck has developed the dreaded front end clunk, as well as a water leak around the drivers kick panel. Found wet carpet this morning after a hard rain last night in SoCal.....super bummed to say the least. I’ll be dropping it off at the dealer this week to see what the prognosis is.

64bit

Reaction score
Well I’m sorry to report, but now at 8900 miles, my truck has developed the dreaded front end clunk, as well as a water leak around the drivers kick panel. Found wet carpet this morning after a hard rain last night in SoCal.....super bummed to say the least. I’ll be dropping it off at the dealer this week to see what the prognosis is.
Wow 9k miles only. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cast my vote (so far, knock on wood) for electrical - specifically the uconnect system audio after a phone call remained in 'mono' audio even after going to Sirius and other sources, reboot of the whole truck fixed it (key cycle after pulling over).

Inconvenient but hoping a tsb or OTA update fixes it

nmajor18

Reaction score
Two weeks and 700 miles in with no problems yet! Just left GM for the first time in 28 years and love this Limited! D8CB3538-BE24-49AA-B1B5-A85153A8F028.jpeg

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cast my vote (so far, knock on wood) for electrical - specifically the uconnect system audio after a phone call remained in 'mono' audio even after going to Sirius and other sources, reboot of the whole truck fixed it (key cycle after pulling over).

Inconvenient but hoping a tsb or OTA update fixes it

Re-Cast my vote with an added 'Interior' issue - the ceiling controls area w/lights etc has a stick/unstick ticking & vibration sounds, easily verified by just pressing up or pulling down on the area. It'll need some more foam tape, which I'll have the dealer handle at the first oil change (~800mi at the moment)

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Re-Cast my vote with an added 'Interior' issue - the ceiling controls area w/lights etc has a stick/unstick ticking & vibration sounds, easily verified by just pressing up or pulling down on the area. It'll need some more foam tape, which I'll have the dealer handle at the first oil change (~800mi at the moment)
That'll be the velcro clips holding up the headliner. Little foam, and no more tick

MTShells

Reaction score
November 2018 Built, 8.4 UConnect, the truck has two weeks and 1500 miles now, the Bluetooth keeps loosing sound while playing music, and pausing, navigation sometimes don't know where it is. I believe it needs a firmware update, I will check with the dealer today.

Coming from a BMW, it is good not to worry about road imperfections anymore :)

Not too happy about the MPG, getting 15MPG on premium gas.

Mine just start pausing on Sirius XM in the past few days. Ongoing electrical issues on mine. FCA is doing little to nothing to rectify the issues. Gas mileage is an abysmal 13.4 over the life of the truck at 2700 miles.

64bit

Reaction score
Mine just start pausing on Sirius XM in the past few days. Ongoing electrical issues on mine. FCA is doing little to nothing to rectify the issues. Gas mileage is an abysmal 13.4 over the life of the truck at 2700 miles.
Ouch, 13.4MPG! That sucks
My dealer and the remote support did absolutely NOTHING to fix my audio and GPS issues

I can live with that issue for now with that, it's first generation after all, we cannot expect a perfect product on something created from scratch on its first year

Now, the MPG sucks since this engine has been used for about a decade

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Gsmith223

Reaction score
I have an issue with surging when the MDS kicks off, also has some noticeable vibrations with MDS engaged

metzger41

Reaction score
2019 Longhorn custom built. Added 3.5 lift
With 295/65/20 nitto ridge grapplers on fuel assaults.. everything perfect 600 miles..waiting on amp boards to release.. Hard to get in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score
Sooo, now my fobs aren’t working and sometimes the door won’t lock/unlock from the driver door, so I guess it’s going back to the shop for the second time in 6 days. First visit was for squeaky brakes.

MTShells

Reaction score
Sometimes my doors will not unlock from the driver door either. Of course, my service department or FCA has never heard of the issue before. Seems like others are having the same issue. Talked to a guy the other day that has a Limited and has experienced the same thing. My fob works but it sure is a pain to have to reach into your pocket when you have your hands full of things and want a convenient feature to work.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA door lock buttons need a "full press". They are definitely not twitchy like some makes that actuate on a slight touch.

DSGB

Reaction score
Order my truck on 27 Oct 2018...recieved and picked up on 12 Jan 2019. Only 235 miles and my new truck is in the shop for multiple electrical issues.
1. 12 Uconnect screen blacked out/inoperative
2. One running board stuck in down position, the other one stuck in the up position.
3. Front passenger windows inoperative
4. Left turn signal activates cargo light and tailgate warning light

Took it to the dealership and they pulls 2 1/2 pages of codes. It's been there for over a week and the only update I've received is they're awaiting the wiring diagram for the running as they first believe they were aftermarket and wasn't aware the running board had a separate module.

After a week of neglect on their part I insisted they call FCA and file a claim to get the ball rolling for the help they need. Sorry for the long post...just pretty bombed at the service dept...

feaguy

Reaction score
Posted this elswhere but wanted to drop it here as well. Bought late last year. After owning the truck for a month, I have a list of things to get fixed/checked out:
  1. Front LED reading lights don't work
  2. Tailgate cables are loose (not under tension) with gate dropped
  3. Truck had a check engine light on when brand new and went away after a few restarts. Not sure. Been running fine for about 1800 miles now but will take it to dealer soon to get the TSBs/firmware updates done.
  4. Engine w/ MDS (cylinder deactivation) makes a slight rattling sort of noise (coming from exhaust area) under load at about 1500-1800 RPM (I've seen someone in the forum talk about this, as well). Not sure if a problem or normal, just noticed it.
  5. Power folding mirrors bump windows when folded
  6. Driver's side door misaligned
  7. Front hood/panels misaligned
  8. Interior rattle @ rear passenger area (around ceiling)
  9. Squeek from center console hinge area when weight (such as an elbow) is placed on it

donutlou

Reaction score
uconnect and radio went silent, no sound. after speaking with the service department i was told to switch between satellite radio and am and fm. then the sound came back on. something to do with the satellite radio recieving updates for the car.

Users who are viewing this thread