5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To put a finer point on this analysis of our numbers...

...compared to the 1600+ members of the forum, and the 100-ish folks who have indicated in this poll they have found problems of any type, how many 2019 trucks have been sold? I don’t know exactly but I’ll guess the number is over 100,000 by now, considering total Ram sales to date this year are at 324000 (including 2018 models) and August sales were nearly 50000.

The goal of this poll was always to find the types of problem trends so we could detect and fix them, and then be happy... the poll does not aspire to determine exact rates of problems compared to the entire fleet of sold vehicles. Let’s allow JD Powers to do all that work, we’ll just help sort each other’s trucks out! Hopefully you all find value in this approach.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe time for a new poll that asks something like this:
What is your overall satisfaction level with your new vehicle?
- No problems/very satisfied
-Had problem(s) initially that are now resolved/satisfied
-Problem(s) persist but are being worked on/a fix is available/too soon to tell
-Problem(s) persist with no resolution in sight/dissatisfied

The thought is we can get a feel for how well issues are being handled by fca and the dealerships. Maybe let the respondent update their vote later on.

Just a thought

kioteh

Reaction score
I've had the following electrical issues and wonder if they're all related somehow.

-About once a week when I get in and leave the 12" screen is mostly black. If I turn the truck off and back on again it seems to resolve it but seems like I don't notice until I've already rolled out of the drive way so it means I have to pull over to fix it.

-My Homelink has never worked. I took it to the dealer and they thought it was the visor and had to order a replacement. When the replacement came in I took it back to the dealer and they installed the new one but it didn't resolve the issue. They now believe it to be an issue with the computer and need me to bring it back in again to troubleshoot. I've made 4 trips to the dealer for this and its a real inconvenience because its not really close and I have to adjust my work schedule to get it in.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far, my observation is that FCA has some quality issues with either their parts suppliers or at the factory. I really hate the fact that I need to bring my brand new truck in for repairs. I understand things will need to be fixed on any new vehicle; but I just dread the thought of some mechanic tearing apart my interior and returning it with broken clips, scratches, etc... I have had my truck for two weeks. I took it on a short shake down road trip (about 350 miles) this weekend. It ran well and was very comfortable. I got 18.6 MPG average running around 77 (with some mixed city driving). I got 19.6 running 70 MPH. I have 3.92 gears; so that isn't too bad. Here is my list of "problems so far:

1. Radio does not remember USB drive info. Rescans every time vehicle is started even though drives are kept installed.

2. Sometimes radio reboots at startup. May reboot once or several times. Seems to occur most when XM was the last thing playing during power off. Sometimes happens when USB was playing during power off.

3. The glove box lights do not always extinguish when closed. If they do extinguish; then it is only temporary. This causes light to shine from the glove box seams and is very distracting. It looks like there are switches to turn the lights off and on; maybe the switches are misaligned or defective.

4. The reverse sensors seem to be overly sensitive. Perhaps one or more is defective. I had to turn off the automatic rear breaking because the reverse sensor goes off and locks up my brakes while backing out of the driveway.

5. The brakes sometimes squeak when slowing down. Seems to occur most frequently when going about 40-45 MPH and stopping slowly.

6. Left front fender has slight misalignment on the forward edge where it meets the front end piece.

macm3

Reaction score
Problems. Yep, I have a problem. The Service Electronic Stability Control message was on within a couple of days of ownership. I have 767 miles on the odometer and now they tell me they have to replace the Transfer Case which is not available in Florida, it must be ordered from Detroit. Oh yeah, it will take 7-10 days to get the part and no estimate on putting it in and testing. Wish I had never traded my 2010 Ram hemi that worked with no issues.

ET32913

Reaction score
I dropped off my Bighorn this morning. I’m getting multiple faults:

- Service 4WD System
- Service ESC System
- Service Trailer Brake System

On top of that, my drivers side fender is not flush with the adjacent body piece. Also, the adhesive is defective on the vertical trim piece attached to the rear drivers side door, causing the front door to hit the rear door seal.

Now I’m stuck driving some POS Jeep Compass...that doesn’t have any of said issues haha

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
I have about 750 miles on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. I have been noticing a clunk sound when I am driving. It happens when the truck is in "eco" mode and I am coasting along. Then, when I give it gas because I need to go faster or I am on an incline, when the "eco" mode light goes out, it makes a clunk sound. My friend says it's just the activation of the other idle cylinders. Is this normal?

ET32913

Reaction score
I have about 750 miles on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. I have been noticing a clunk sound when I am driving. It happens when the truck is in "eco" mode and I am coasting along. Then, when I give it gas because I need to go faster or I am on an incline, when the "eco" mode light goes out, it makes a clunk sound. My friend says it's just the activation of the other idle cylinders. Is this normal?

Yeah, mine does it too. It's definitely the other four cylinders activating. It is "normal" but it does seem more noticeable in my 2019 vs my 2015 and 2014. If you manually select gears it will prevent the engine from going into "ECO" and your engine speeds/transmission shifts will feel much better.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
That's good to know. How do I manually select the gears? If I do that, will it lower my gas mileage since it doesn't shift into eco mode then?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
That's good to know. How do I manually select the gears? If I do that, will it lower my gas mileage since it doesn't shift into eco mode then?

its the + and _ sign on teh steering wheel

hotsht333

Reaction score
Bumper , grille and facial drastically out of alignment. Dealer says nothing they can do without refilling the bumper mounts. No help from Customer support

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180827-062518_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180827-062518_Gallery.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 128

OgRedd

Reaction score
"Clunking" on turns. This seems to be a common issue and there's a dedicated thread on this problem. Hoping a TSB is released on this soon. Other than that, no other problems... so far.

BMac728

Reaction score
No Update from Dan1989. My 2019 Limited is leaking too.Grommets were not in place, I seated them, thinking about a bead of silicone around them

jmr

Reaction score
I have not taken this in yet but on 2 occasions the backup camera has displayed a blank screen.
But then works properly moments later...go figure.

Joekid

Reaction score
Some concerns, I Factory ordered my Laramie, they got it wrong TWICE. Did they slap it together quick? Anyway, the 6.4 bed shakes when going over bumping roads. Loose, maybe? Went to take a look behind rear seats for audio upgrade room, I found a metal screw on the floor, with a little metal spring. The spring obviously is for the latch releasing the driver side rear seat. When closing the rear doors I could hear a slight Rattling noise. When spending almost 60k on a truck, you would think that they would torque everything down.

Northeast16SS

Reaction score
There's a heap load of issues in volume and variety with these trucks. This isn't normal and is definitely manufacturing /quality control related. All cars have issues. It's inevitable, but with a new factory and employees, a new product and an early release, its a perfect storm. Just crossing my fingers I got one of the 41% that's ok.......after I get the clunk fixed. 60% with defects is horrendous though, just saying.

Northeast16SS

Reaction score
Some concerns, I Factory ordered my Laramie, they got it wrong TWICE. Did they slap it together quick? Anyway, the 6.4 bed shakes when going over bumping roads. Loose, maybe? Went to take a look behind rear seats for audio upgrade room, I found a metal screw on the floor, with a little metal spring. The spring obviously is for the latch releasing the driver side rear seat. When closing the rear doors I could hear a slight Rattling noise. When spending almost 60k on a truck, you would think that they would torque everything down.

Most of what's not automated in the manufacturing process and done manually, those people have a singular function. They may only be responsible for assembling a few items and do it a 1000 times a day. HOW DO MISTAKES LIKE THIS HAPPEN????????

iceorphen

Reaction score
After 7 days at the dealer with the following issues;

Clunk, chipped handle, trim not installed correctly, rear passenger door misaligned, right headlight/turn intermittently not working, and stuttering/dying on startup

Exactly ZERO of them were fixed. To top it off I now have a really annoying loud wind issue on the drivers side at highway speeds. I checked the seal/trim that runs along the top on each side and they're both installed differently and loose. Did I mention the dealer used PAINT to mark the day my truck hit the service dpt. I had to have one of the guys razor it off.

I'm about to be moving 1800 miles across the country and they've done nothing to a truck I bought at the beginning of the month.

Seems like Ram doesn't really care at all. ( @RamCares )

I'll be submitting a lemon claim this week. A friend of mine suggested I drive it over to a GMC dealer and tell them I want to trade for a new 1500 Denali - I'm seriously considering it.

Users who are viewing this thread