5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

BobTheLaramie

Reaction score
Anyone had an episode of the transmission being stuck in gear and not shifting from a stop? It happened to me the other day coming from a stop. I had to pull over and put it in park for me to be able to drive normal again. I haven't had an issue since it happened, but I contacted the dealer and made an appointment.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Anyone had an episode of the transmission being stuck in gear and not shifting from a stop? It happened to me the other day coming from a stop. I had to pull over and put it in park for me to be able to drive normal again. I haven't had an issue since it happened, but I contacted the dealer and made an appointment.

Could you have inadvertently pressed the “gear limit” button on your steering wheel? That’ll do it. Probably would clear itself by cycling from P back into D.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had something like that happen to me once when pulling into my garage. The truck just wouldn't move, even though it said it was in D. Shifting to R and back to D corrected it. Perhaps it was also a Gear Limit incident, per @immersivenc's suggestion...

akpipelayer

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Limited Ram and hate it. My 7 year old Toyota was bulletproof compared to this piece of crap. At 502 miles the whole air suspension went out and I had to wait 2 week for them to ship a new one to Anchorage, Alaska. At 640 miles the camera system failed and will not turn on. At 723 miles my 12 inch screen went black then blue for almost 3 full days. The only thing my Tundra went in for was oil, tire rotation, and brakes. I can not believe how many issues I have had , all before 1,000 miles. Unbelievable!!!

DALTON

Reaction score
Just a heads up for you all on the new FOBs... I pulled into a gas station to use the facilities. I left the wife and kids in the truck and went into the building. When I returned my wife told me there were several alerts while I was gone that the fob was too far from the truck....it was in my pocket and the truck was left running when I exited. The stuttering started as soon as I put the truck in gear and began driving out of the station. About 1/4 mile down the road the stuttering was horrible and the both the "Start/Stop" warning light and the "check engine" warning light came on. The check engine light was blinking which is supposed to mean there is a major issue. I pulled over and shut the engine off. After about 30 seconds, I restarted the engine. No more stutter, no more warning lights for the rest of the 1hr ride home. This truck does not like the FOB walking away from it while it is running...note to self.

mjharden

Reaction score
Check engine light came on about 3 weeks ago. Took it in, and apparently it was a loose coil pack on number 2. Now, 3 weeks later, check engine light is on again! Have an appt on Monday to see what’s going on.
--
UPDATE:
Bad coil pack on number 4! So far, I've had an unplugged coil pack on number 2, and a bad pack on number 4. I'm thinking the coil pack installer was drunk on the day my truck was built

Last edited:

RamMeToo

Reaction score
Is it worth opening a new thread with your poll that is for build dates from September or October forward? An attempt to see if newer trucks have less problems?

RamMeToo

Reaction score
Someone asked me and I thought it was a great idea... “Please add build date to your signature”

lpallotta

Reaction score
10k Miles in 3 months and besides brake squeak performance is flawless. Suggest the extended warranty if you are a high mileage
driver like myself. Between 2009-2015 RAM 1500 had 177k miles when traded for Ford (mistake), near perfect condition. Never had an
issue with it. Warranty provided peace of mind. Bought Bumper to bumper unlimited mileage extended warranty.
My brakes squeal also.

Tbone1874

Reaction score
Ive had this truck 2 months, probably 6k miles. I have water leaks at every corner. Clunk while turning.. Radio does the no sound thing. Something squeaks in front end on bumpy roads. Currently at dealer for a/c poor performance and the water leaks. 3rd visit for repair. Small evap leak at 1000 miles started it all. Also, driver side heater doesnt work. stays cool, while passenger side blows hot. Came from a GMC 2500hd. Thought i loved the switch. Worried now lol.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had this truck 2 months, probably 6k miles. I have water leaks at every corner. Clunk while turning.. Radio does the no sound thing. Something squeaks in front end on bumpy roads. Currently at dealer for a/c poor performance and the water leaks. 3rd visit for repair. Small evap leak at 1000 miles started it all. Also, driver side heater doesnt work. stays cool, while passenger side blows hot. Came from a GMC 2500hd. Thought i loved the switch. Worried now lol.
Wow. What month was the build?

My brakes squeal also.
Replacing pads with ones with a larger gap has sorted the squeal out. Search and find the pic, show it to service when they order them.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it just me or because this truck is so quiet that I am hearing wind whistle from the driver side when speed 40 miles and up !
My truck is extremely quiet but you shouldn't be able to hear wind whistling while inside your cabin

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check engine light came on about 3 weeks ago. Took it in, and apparently it was a loose coil pack on number 2. Now, 3 weeks later, check engine light is on again! Have an appt on Monday to see what’s going on.
start the lemon process. after 4 attempts you qualify for a new truck

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
start the lemon process after the 4th time going to a FCA dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread