Horrific Gas Mileage Hemi eTorque

Conch007

Reaction score
Break in mileage? Perhaps get a bed cover? You don’t have a signature with your truck but is it a loaded crew cab with more weight? But my main observation is there is no way the rated MPG was for 3.92 gears. That is an option and I would expect it to significantly affect highway mileage. Maybe not and would be interesting to see what others are getting with that rear.
That argument is mute because I have a bighorn without the etorque and a 3.21 and I’m getting 13.77 mpg on the interstate it’s horrendous.

ExcursionDiesel

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
That argument is mute because I have a bighorn without the etorque and a 3.21 and I’m getting 13.77 mpg on the interstate it’s horrendous.
How fast do you drive? Flat terrain or hills? My MPG drops like a rock over 70mph. Add hills and I'm down to 15mpg or less.

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
It may be a moot argument on this thread because you don't have eTorque, however in general, it's not. All those things mentioned, plus: cold, hills, break-in and average MPH are all doing to play a factor. 13 on the highway is unacceptable as a norm though. Good luck

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn | 5.7L eTorque | 3.92 R.A.R.

cruz-in

Reaction score
One data point does not make a trend...However

I had my truck in last week. The engine, transmission, and etorque controller were updated (like many others on this forum). Over the weekend the mileage seemed a good bit better than usual. It was just misc driving and pulling the boat so I had no good comparison. This morning I drove to work and got 17 MPG. A route,, that in the previous 4 months, the highest I have ever gotten is upper 14s.

Who knows if this is the beginning of a trend or a function of environment (light timing, wind, traffic, etc.)....hoping

Mrblue2225

Reaction score
I am averaging 17.6 with my Etorque 3.21 gears 4x4. Almost all stop and go driving to work and it will hover around 17 mpg. I got 21 mpg on a trip to Chicago last week mostly all highway.
I only get 13 mpg during city on my 4x4 etrqe 1500 sport Laramie 2019 ‍♂

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Was holding steady at 17.1 with mostly driving back roads and a little driving in town.

Yesterday morning I remote started to let it warm up for about 10 minutes. Little longer than necessary, but I got distracted. It dropped to 16.5!

The remote start is definitely a mpg killer.

SCasey89

Reaction score
I've had a Hemi eTorque rental for the past two weeks (4x2, 3.21 gears), and with mostly highway driving (90%) I'm at almost 24 mpg. I'm in Southern California with 65 mph speed limits, and I keep my speed at 72 mph and use cruise control as much as possible. This week has included trips up the Grapevine (large grade between Los Angeles and the Central Valley), and my mileage has still been averaging right around 23.6 mpg. I'm pretty happy with this truck and the mileage I've gotten out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)