5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrific Gas Mileage Hemi eTorque

GaryT

Reaction score
My 5.7 eTorque mileage is 24 on trips and 19.5-21 on my daily commute, which is 40 miles one way, 75% rural highway and 25% city. 30K trouble free miles.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Did a 160 mile round trip yesterday. I kept the cruise at 62-65, down 81 into PA (hills, etc) Cold, rainy, crappy day. 23.5 MPG hand calculated. 1300-ish miles on the truck now. 3.21 rear, 22" tires @ 40 PSI. 4 people in the truck.

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Impressive mileage for a truck with all that horsepower.....love the mileage......yee ha!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did a 160 mile round trip yesterday. I kept the cruise at 62-65, down 81 into PA (hills, etc) Cold, rainy, crappy day. 23.5 MPG hand calculated. 1300-ish miles on the truck now. 3.21 rear, 22" tires @ 40 PSI. 4 people in the truck.
Get that bad boy listed on Fuelly. We're not seeing numbers anywhere near that when we look at averages across all reporting members. See my post in this other thread:

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Get that bad boy listed on Fuelly. We're not seeing numbers anywhere near that when we look at averages across all reporting members. See my post in this other thread:

It's on there. This was an anomaly based on what I've seen before that. I've been running 14.5-16.5 average.

Jeffrey L Slade

Reaction score
Break in mileage? Perhaps get a bed cover? You don’t have a signature with your truck but is it a loaded crew cab with more weight? But my main observation is there is no way the rated MPG was for 3.92 gears. That is an option and I would expect it to significantly affect highway mileage. Maybe not and would be interesting to see what others are getting with that rear.
2021 longhorn limited 10th anniversary edition only get 11 miles to a gallon 5.7 etoruqe

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2021 longhorn limited 10th anniversary edition only get 11 miles to a gallon 5.7 etoruqe

I can get that low cruising around, especially if I'm a little punchy with throttle to hear that sweet aftermarket exhaust I have. I'm not even talking about hard full throttle, just a few jabs here and there to hear the exhaust a bit.

I recently actually tried to take it easy, easy on the throttle, coasting whenever possible, but not too slow to anger the drivers behind me. My mpg jumped to about 14.7mpg (from 11mpg) when driving in this manner.

Not fun for sure, but it is possible, even with a 33" tired Rebel, just be easy with the throttle when taking off and only adding enough to maintain reasonable speed. Makes a huge difference with these trucks. Reminds me of my turbo cars, keeping off the boast makes a huge difference, these Hemis seem to benefit with a similar driving style.

U

User_3336

Post your EVIC with miles travelled, time, and average MPG and it will be much more believeable.

Users who are viewing this thread