5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Ok so anyone have a slight rattle on cold start or when accelerating while under MDS?

It’s only for a few seconds but it’s there. All clearances are fine.

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just ordered the MF model from B2. Can't wait to get it!

Matt,
Quick question. I read this comment on a review on your Amazon page. Any truth to this? Do I need to get sealer?
This will be my first exhaust upgrade ever, so not my area of expertise.

" I would recommend picking up some exhaust leak sealer this is the second truck I’ve put one of these on and no matter how tight you get the clamp it still leaks exhaust just put the leak sealer all around the connection and wipe excess away then slide clamp over and tighten it up works great no leaks."

Thanks in advance,
It's not a bad idea. These are made from .065 wall stainless tubing, I put three notches in the tube but you still need to apply a ton of torque to get the tubes to seal against each other. The sealant just ensures a leak proof fit, also you can tighten these clamps like crazy, use an impact if you have one. They are the strongest clamps I could find.
Hope that helps a little,
Matt

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea. These are made from .065 wall stainless tubing, I put three notches in the tube but you still need to apply a ton of torque to get the tubes to seal against each other. The sealant just ensures a leak proof fit, also you can tighten these clamps like crazy, use an impact if you have one. They are the strongest clamps I could find.
Hope that helps a little,
Matt
Thanks Matt!

I do have impact, so I will double up on tightening and sealant.
Just checked status and mine is on the UPS truck out for delivery! Will post results & pics once done with the install.

Thanks again,

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Just received my MF kit. Nice quality construction and good hardware provided! That clamp bolt looks to be an M10 class 10.9 which torques to 53 lb-ft per my chart here. If you don't have a torque wrench you might tap it with your impact but don't hammer on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just received my MF kit. Nice quality construction and good hardware provided! That clamp bolt looks to be an M10 class 10.9 which torques to 53 lb-ft per my chart here. If you don't have a torque wrench you might tap it with your impact but don't hammer on it.

Thanks. Was wondering about that. I'll use torque wrench to finish them off.

L8R,

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just finished the install and took it around the neighborhood. Install took about an hour. I did remove the hanger bracket. Glad I did, even out, those things are a pain to remove (and I had to cut the barb on the front one with the sawzall, as I could not get it out).

Wow! Sounds amazing. Nice low, throaty rumble, yet not obnoxious or loud. So sweet, specially when you step on the gas!

Thanks Matt. Great product!

IMG_3130.jpeg IMG_3131.jpeg IMG_3132.jpeg IMG_3134.jpeg IMG_3135.jpeg IMG_3136.jpeg IMG_3137.jpeg IMG_3138.jpeg IMG_3139.jpeg

Last edited:

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just finished the install and took it around the neighborhood. Install took about an hour. I did remove the hanger bracket. Glad I did, even out, those things are a pain to remove (and I had to cut the barb on the front one with the sawzall, as I could not get it out).

Wow! Sounds amazing. Nice low, throaty rumble, yet not obnoxious or loud. So sweet, specially when you step on the gas!

Thanks Matt. Great product!

@Neurobit ...it does sound sweet and I have has mine on for several months. The hangers were the toughest part of the install. The thanks really goes to Magnaflow for the low, throaty rumble. Kudo's to Matt for welding pipes on each end that makes the install a DIY!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I love mine. I swear it sounds better now than when first installed.

It will get a bit louder over time as the packing material inside the muffler starts to settle in after being heated up over several months. I was told that after about 2K miles is when it will start to appear louder after it's broken in.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It will get a bit louder over time as the packing material inside the muffler starts to settle in after being heated up over several months. I was told that after about 2K miles is when it will start to appear louder after it's broken in.
Thanks. I’m hoping not too much louder. It sounds just right for me right now.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Got my MF version installed this morning. Same comments above, fantastic sound and very easy install. Perfect on startup and cruising. I stopped in a little tunnel by my house and did a full throttle romp out of there and it really wakes up! Sounds fine with MDS active. I'm OK if it gets a little louder but probably would not have liked the straight pipe version.

Definitely unbolt the rear hanger. It's 2 nuts and about one minute of extra work. Spray a little silicon spray in the holes and the rubber hangers will slide right off with the leverage you can get with it off the truck.

badzdad

Reaction score
I'm super torn between the Pypes setup and MF setup. Has anyone here installed the Pypes and have a sound clip?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm super torn between the Pypes setup and MF setup. Has anyone here installed the Pypes and have a sound clip?
Depends on what you're looking for. The MF is perfect for me. Nice deep growl on first start and acceleration, yet quite while cruising (wakes up quickly when you step on it though).
I can't see driving anything louder. Hopefully someone that has the Pipes set up and can chime in.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do NOT get the Pypes unless you want it to sound like a teenagers Honda Civic. It will sound like the cherry bomb mufflers.

Repsol69

Reaction score
One question.... when you cut do you measure from the weld or the muffler itself.???

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
One question.... when you cut do you measure from the weld or the muffler itself.???
I measured from the back of the muffler and that worked fine (and you're cutting less that way).
Make sure you use a Sawzall with a new blade if you have one. Oh, and wear protective goggles. Those shavings will end up in your eyes if you don't wear them. Glad I did!

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
The B2F MF system is on my bucket list for the next upgrade!

Users who are viewing this thread