5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! - Limited DRL LED Accent Light Not Working Only On Drive Side

luciferlimited

Reaction score
I went to another dealer and it took the service advisor 5 minutes to tell me my headlight is defective and the other dealer is full of crap for saying the "bulb" is bad. Fortunately he said it's definitely covered under warranty and he has placed an order for a new assembly. Thanks for all the help guys!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to another dealer and it took the service advisor 5 minutes to tell me my headlight is defective and the other dealer is full of crap for saying the "bulb" is bad. Fortunately he said it's definitely covered under warranty and he has placed an order for a new assembly. Thanks for all the help guys!
Are you under an extended warranty or factory? I have an extended warranty and wonder if it’s worth the hassle to try and get it replaced that route.

luciferlimited

Reaction score
Are you under an extended warranty or factory? I have an extended warranty and wonder if it’s worth the hassle to try and get it replaced that route.
I'm still under normal warranty, which I believe is 3 years for all these electronics and 5 year drivetrain. Try a different dealer, you might get a different result.

55Trucker

Reaction score
Quick update on my driver side DRL being out.

Somewhere earlier in this thread someone posted that part #6002TZ0303 was the driver LED ballast. So I set up a search on ebay for when a used one shows up. About a month ago I got a hit and bought a used one for $45. The seller guaranteed me it came off a working headlight. So I pulled the headlight assembly and swapped modules. It's a bit of a challenge, given how short the cable is inside the assembly. I got the module on, connected the assembly back up to the truck (I did not re-install the assembly, have been around the block in my life). I turned on the headlight, and the DRL was still off! This means that either I was sold a bad one, or it wasn't this module (this one was the smaller of the two on the assembly), or something else went bad inside the assembly.

I called the dealer. Yup, $1325+sales tax for a new OEM assembly. I thought about it for a couple of weeks, but then I saw a black Friday sale on a non-OEM replacement for only $335 on Amazon! The brand was Dashbecan (there is another branded Fione for about the same money). Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Dasbecan-Headlight-Compatible-2019-2022-68316085AD/dp/B0CDPN516P/?th=1

So I ordered it Monday, it came Wednesday, and I installed it today. Literally every thing about this knock-off is identical to the original. The part numbers stamped on the plastic components, the weight, the fit, the headlight brightness, the LED brightness, every small detail - everything is the same as the original - except is doesn't say RAM on the chrome outer headlight trim. (I have not yet verified the 15 degree movement of the headights when cornering, but I will. ) The inner headlight chrome has the same stenciling as the original regarding the 15 degree pivot.

I don't why a company would take on the cost of reverse engineering something like this to produce their own. There can't be enough demand to justify the trouble and expense. I bet that the Chinese manufacturer that FCA has making these is allowed to sell a non-branded version.

I'm happy I took the chance. For the cost of one OEM assembly I could buy 4 of these. I'll post my long term experience later.
Just an update: the steering directed function (15 degree swivel) does indeed work on the non-OEM Dashbecan assembly I bought. I watched as each headlight illuminated the side of my twisty road I was turning the wheel early this morning.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post.

2021 Limited. Driver side DRLs not working anymore, it flickers when I turn it on but goes out immediately after. Dealer saying they can't do anything since it's a "bulb". Any recommendations? I don't want to spend $2K on a new assembly since it makes no sense. @RamCares
View attachment 172158
Hello,

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and sharing your concerns. We would like to look into this matter further and see where we can best support you. Can you please send us a private message with more details regarding your concerns about the headlight on your Ram vehicle?

Dakota
Ram Cares

Limit2019

Reaction score
I have had the headlight accent lights/DRL on the driver side of my Limited stopped working. The driver side still flashes yellow and will come on for a second when using remote start, but then goes off. The passenger side stays on all the time when it's on like it always has. It looks really janky for a $65k truck. I went through all the fuses, but the fact it still flashes when started makes me think it's something else.

Please help!!!
My 2019 just had the same issue on the driver side top accent light not working at 35k miles

TGrant98

Reaction score
My 2019 just had the same issue on the driver side top accent light not working at 35k miles
My ‘19 limited at 80k miles just did the same on driver side. Noticed it when I remote started. Yellow flashes but white DRL never comes on. In fact- it’s the reason for me joining this site. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

anmut

Reaction score
Good luck, I can't even get Ram Cares on this forum to respond. I'm guessing Ram knows about the issue but is just hoping it goes away.

jjwalker22

Reaction score
Any updates on this or anyone else having the same issue? My drivers side accent light is doing the same thing. It will flash and then turn off while the passenger side works fine. Dealer declined to cover it under warranty since I had just passed my mileage limit even though the issue happened prior to going out of warranty.
Don't worry I have the same problem with my 2021 RAM 1500 Limited, LED marker bottom passenger side went out, and the top white marker light's up during remote start but then goes out, looks like my truck is winking at me. Told not covered prior to factory warranty and who cares that I also bought at MAXCARE 100,000 warranty that wont cover it either. How am I am the operator supposed to replace LED lights that are part of an assembly. This is my second RAM and unfortunately I think it will be my last! Too bad I love this truck but should not have this problem at this price point.

jjwalker22

Reaction score
Hi there!

We heard that you were currently working with one of our Ram dealers. Please feel free to keep us updated on the status of your vehicle or reach out if you happen to need additional support while working with them. We hope your dealer is able to resolve things quickly!

Courtney
Ram Cares
Don't worry I have the same problem with my 2021 RAM 1500 Limited, LED marker bottom passenger side went out, and the top white marker light's up during remote start but then goes out, looks like my truck is winking at me. Told not covered prior to factory warranty and who cares that I also bought at MAXCARE 100,000 warranty that wont cover it either. How am I am the operator supposed to replace LED lights that are part of an assembly. This is my second RAM and unfortunately I think it will be my last! Too bad I love this truck but should not have this problem at this price point.
I have had the headlight accent lights/DRL on the driver side of my Limited stopped working. The driver side still flashes yellow and will come on for a second when using remote start, but then goes off. The passenger side stays on all the time when it's on like it always has. It looks really janky for a $65k truck. I went through all the fuses, but the fact it still flashes when started makes me think it's something else.

Please help!!!

jjwalker22

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack a thread. But I’m having the same issue. My 19 Limited with 38k, the passenger lower LED strip went out. Well it works when it wants to.

I have a 3 yr, unlimited mileage maxcare warranty. And when I purchased the truck, I spoke at length with the guy from Mopar warranty about what was covered. He said everything aside from bulbs, regular wear and tear items etc.

I took it into the dealer, they have had it a week now (no loaner either bc Mopar didn’t authorize repairs until YESTERDAY), and only authorized certain repairs.
Mopar warranty WILL NOT authorize the repair (replacement) on the unit on my truck. They say that it’s “industry standard”, and considered a “maintenance” issue so they refuse to cover it. The cost is $1,445 to have the dealer replace it. I’ve went back and forth with the guy that sold me the warranty, the CSR at the 800# on my service contract. The dealer has tried and nothing.

The dealer says that it failed “internally”. But since you can’t diagnose it internally there isn’t much they can do aside from replace the whole unit. Mopar said that if it was an “electrical” problem that caused it to go bad, then it would be covered. But to pretty much go pound sand.

Has anyone gotten their covered under warranty?

zBest

Reaction score
2021 RAM 1500 Limited driver side accent light inoperable after initial start up. Took the truck to the dealer and as expected headlight assembly will need to be replaced for just under $2,000. As others have mentioned the FCA maximum care extended warranty that was described as an extension to the manufacturers bumper to bumper warranty doesn’t cover the repair. Very frustrating.

Curious if anyone has had luck with customer care or challenging the FCA warranty insurance to cover it?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
2021 RAM 1500 Limited driver side accent light inoperable after initial start up. Took the truck to the dealer and as expected headlight assembly will need to be replaced for just under $2,000. As others have mentioned the FCA maximum care extended warranty that was described as an extension to the manufacturers bumper to bumper warranty doesn’t cover the repair. Very frustrating.

Curious if anyone has had luck with customer care or challenging the FCA warranty insurance to cover it?
There is no manufacturer bumper to bumper warranty offered by Ram or FCA.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It's max care, not bumper to bumper. It's stated it doesn't cover bulbs, glass, or soft trim parts. It would probably take legal action, to fight it on the grounds, that an LED is not a bulb.

Handycraftman

Reaction score
Comrades, I fixed it. Breaking two wires. I didn't have to disassemble the headlight for that.

Attachments

• IMG_8212.jpeg
    IMG_8212.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8216.jpeg
    IMG_8216.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 19

ATI303

Reaction score
22 2500 HD same issue. Not covered under extended warranty. 40k miles. The quality of these trucks have really gone down hill. Maybe that is why they fired most of the engineer team due to crap product being built. Very disappointed as my 19 had a crap ton of issues also. Started falling apart at 15k miles. As others swept under the rug with Ram customer cares. All about the sale and could careless about the consumer. We should start taking a poll. Try and put together a class action lawsuit..... worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread