5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! - Limited DRL LED Accent Light Not Working Only On Drive Side

hessclark

Reaction score
Has anyone found any solution to this if you’re outside of warranty? I am wondering if you could just replace the board. Mine has 85,000 miles and is currently having the issue with the driver side accent light. It turns on for a second and then turns off

ruckus amongus

Reaction score
I have had the headlight accent lights/DRL on the driver side of my Limited stopped working. The driver side still flashes yellow and will come on for a second when using remote start, but then goes off. The passenger side stays on all the time when it's on like it always has. It looks really janky for a $65k truck. I went through all the fuses, but the fact it still flashes when started makes me think it's something else.

Please help!!!
Ive got a 2019 Power Wagon with some sort of harness issues im coming to find out. It flickered then didnt so I thought it might be voltage, resister , relay or whatever. Well since the mastermind bean counters decided that this well built beautiful pick up needed internet and apps that dont do anything along with a owners manual that must be written in common core worthless with headlights that dont tell you when theyre malfunctioning and no way to simply change the LED or diagnose the problem without going without the truck for who knows how long at 150.00 an hour . sorry had to rant this has been ridiculous, it took me removing no less than 40 clips and bolts that are unnessesary to get the headlight out which i replaced for 450.00 After I Rewired the oringinal Headlamp and almost replaced the TIPM or reset it the old way which I heard will ring your programming out. I purchased another used light off the web which worked great for about two weeks and then poof no drl, low or high beam. Ive re wired the entire harness up to the TIPM and am at a loss. If it turns out to be some little gizmo somebody couldnt resist adding for no reason except to look busy all year pretending a really nice and capable four wheel drive truck is an X Box Im done at 31,000 miles. the jack doesnt have a relief valve so i'm looking for all the help I can get with out these jokers

dzilla23

Reaction score
2020 limited with drivers side accent light out? Any update would be appreciated?!

dzilla23

Reaction score
I have had the headlight accent lights/DRL on the driver side of my Limited stopped working. The driver side still flashes yellow and will come on for a second when using remote start, but then goes off. The passenger side stays on all the time when it's on like it always has. It looks really janky for a $65k truck. I went through all the fuses, but the fact it still flashes when started makes me think it's something else.

Please help!!!
Dealer replaced the entire drivers side headlight assembly on my Limited today! It was covered under warranty

Cjlianzo

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Did some snooping on the net and found that the ballast is out. There are two on the light assy. One on the bottom P/N 1472001262-H and one on the outboard side of the light P/N 6002TZ0304. Neither of them you can get to unless you removed the entire light assy. After doing some research I believe it is the one on the outboard side. These are hard to come by but i did find one and it should be here soon. I'll let everyone know what the outcome is. Hopefully those P/N's will help others in need.

Also, I did go to the dealer and see what could be done about it. They too told me it is a sealed unit and the entire headlight assy would have to be replaced for the low low cot of $1,200 just for the part. Maybe we should start thaking those call for the extended warranty. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

hessclark

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Did some snooping on the net and found that the ballast is out. There are two on the light assy. One on the bottom P/N 1472001262-H and one on the outboard side of the light P/N 6002TZ0304. Neither of them you can get to unless you removed the entire light assy. After doing some research I believe it is the one on the outboard side. These are hard to come by but i did find one and it should be here soon. I'll let everyone know what the outcome is. Hopefully those P/N's will help others in need.

Also, I did go to the dealer and see what could be done about it. They too told me it is a sealed unit and the entire headlight assy would have to be replaced for the low low cot of $1,200 just for the part. Maybe we should start thaking those call for the extended warranty. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Did replacing the ballast work? I am looking at options for my drivers side light..

Cjlianzo

Reaction score
I took the front of the truck apart and finally got to the headlight assy. Unfortunately the part that I received is for the passenger side. The PC Boards appear to be the same except that they are formed to the headlight. Passenger and driver are not interchangeable. I did try the replacement one and it did not work. When I turn my headlights on, the accent lights come on and then got out. I left the PC Board disconnected and turned the lights on and the accent lights did not come on at all. This leads me to believe that I am on the correct PC Board. The driver side is P/N 6002TZ0303. The passenger P/N is 6002TZ0304.

The PC Board I got was used but said it worked. I am only out $50 and I will see about getting my money back.

So now I have 2 options;
Options 1: Pay $200 for my deductible and have the headlight assy replaced by the dealer under my extend warranty.

Options 2: Get Demon Headlights from Oracle Lighting

Let me know what you all think.

IMG-4663.jpg IMG-4662.jpg

hessclark

Reaction score
I took the front of the truck apart and finally got to the headlight assy. Unfortunately the part that I received is for the passenger side. The PC Boards appear to be the same except that they are formed to the headlight. Passenger and driver are not interchangeable. I did try the replacement one and it did not work. When I turn my headlights on, the accent lights come on and then got out. I left the PC Board disconnected and turned the lights on and the accent lights did not come on at all. This leads me to believe that I am on the correct PC Board. The driver side is P/N 6002TZ0303. The passenger P/N is 6002TZ0304.

The PC Board I got was used but said it worked. I am only out $50 and I will see about getting my money back.

So now I have 2 options;
Options 1: Pay $200 for my deductible and have the headlight assy replaced by the dealer under my extend warranty.

Options 2: Get Demon Headlights from Oracle Lighting

Let me know what you all think.

View attachment 123666 View attachment 123667
Thanks for the info! I have heard nothing but bad about any aftermarket LEDs and it seems like they can have a lot of issues.. If we cannot replace a board, I plan to just get a used headlight assembly from eBay. Let me know if you make any more headway.. Also, how hard was it to remove the headlight assembly?

Cjlianzo

Reaction score
It was not that difficult to remove the headlight assy. Maybe one hour to remove it and another to install. Here is a very detailed video on how to do it.

JayinGR

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack a thread. But I’m having the same issue. My 19 Limited with 38k, the passenger lower LED strip went out. Well it works when it wants to.

I have a 3 yr, unlimited mileage maxcare warranty. And when I purchased the truck, I spoke at length with the guy from Mopar warranty about what was covered. He said everything aside from bulbs, regular wear and tear items etc.

I took it into the dealer, they have had it a week now (no loaner either bc Mopar didn’t authorize repairs until YESTERDAY), and only authorized certain repairs.
Mopar warranty WILL NOT authorize the repair (replacement) on the unit on my truck. They say that it’s “industry standard”, and considered a “maintenance” issue so they refuse to cover it. The cost is $1,445 to have the dealer replace it. I’ve went back and forth with the guy that sold me the warranty, the CSR at the 800# on my service contract. The dealer has tried and nothing.

The dealer says that it failed “internally”. But since you can’t diagnose it internally there isn’t much they can do aside from replace the whole unit. Mopar said that if it was an “electrical” problem that caused it to go bad, then it would be covered. But to pretty much go pound sand.

Has anyone gotten their covered under warranty?

2talltexan

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack a thread. But I’m having the same issue. My 19 Limited with 38k, the passenger lower LED strip went out. Well it works when it wants to.

I have a 3 yr, unlimited mileage maxcare warranty. And when I purchased the truck, I spoke at length with the guy from Mopar warranty about what was covered. He said everything aside from bulbs, regular wear and tear items etc.

I took it into the dealer, they have had it a week now (no loaner either bc Mopar didn’t authorize repairs until YESTERDAY), and only authorized certain repairs.
Mopar warranty WILL NOT authorize the repair (replacement) on the unit on my truck. They say that it’s “industry standard”, and considered a “maintenance” issue so they refuse to cover it. The cost is $1,445 to have the dealer replace it. I’ve went back and forth with the guy that sold me the warranty, the CSR at the 800# on my service contract. The dealer has tried and nothing.

The dealer says that it failed “internally”. But since you can’t diagnose it internally there isn’t much they can do aside from replace the whole unit. Mopar said that if it was an “electrical” problem that caused it to go bad, then it would be covered. But to pretty much go pound sand.

I am having the same exact problem. The driver side LED lower accent light on my 2019 Limited is not lighting. I would just turn off the other accent lights if I could, but that doesn’t seem to be possible. When I took it to the dealer to get replaced under my 5/100 MaxCare warranty, the warranty department rejected the request. The policy does exclude bulbs, but I would argue that since this is an assembly and not just a bulb it should be covered, especially when they just quoted me $1,710 to replace it. When I purchased the extended warranty, my dealer specifically said that this is the ultimate bumper to bumper warranty, just like the factory warranty, but with a $200 deductible. It would cover everything except normal wear and tear items like tires and brakes. This is a faulty Mopar part, not normal wear and tear.

@RamCares - is there anything that you can do to help us out here?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I am having the same exact problem. The driver side LED lower accent light on my 2019 Limited is not lighting. I would just turn off the other accent lights if I could, but that doesn’t seem to be possible. When I took it to the dealer to get replaced under my 5/100 MaxCare warranty, the warranty department rejected the request. The policy does exclude bulbs, but I would argue that since this is an assembly and not just a bulb it should be covered, especially when they just quoted me $1,710 to replace it. When I purchased the extended warranty, my dealer specifically said that this is the ultimate bumper to bumper warranty, just like the factory warranty, but with a $200 deductible. It would cover everything except normal wear and tear items like tires and brakes. This is a faulty Mopar part, not normal wear and tear.

@RamCares - is there anything that you can do to help us out here?
Hi,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Follow up with us via PM to provide additional details regarding your concerns so we may determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Ram Cares

U

User_18352

Before my current RAM I had a 2019 Limited. I too had the issue with the accent lighting coming on during remote start and then going out as well as flashing yellow (like theyre supposed to) when locking the doors or lowering the air suspension. I took it to the dealer 3 months ago, the only fix is to replace the entire unit which they did under warranty. Because these are non-serviceable units there are technically no bulbs to be replaced, therefore they should be covered under factory bumper to bumper. Outside of the bumper to bumper we're pretty much screwed, might be a good time to upgrade to a new aftermarket set like Morimoto, Oracle or Recon RGB Bluetooth controlled (mega expensive).

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with this? Taking my 2019 to the dealer next week to have it looked at and see what is under warrantee 3 years / 30k miles later.

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
Dealer wanted $1,400 to replace the assembly, @RamCares said take it to another dealership. Truck looks ridiculous during the day with one side out, at night its just lopsided. Both annoying, 28k miles on the truck just passed the 3-year a couple months ago so out of B-to-B warrantee. At this point just want to turn the passenger side accent lights off so they match.

Anyone have any luck with this? Taking my 2019 to the dealer next week to have it looked at and see what is under warrantee 3 years / 30k miles later.

Attachments

• front_lights.PNG
    front_lights.PNG
    905.4 KB · Views: 65

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer wanted $1,400 to replace the assembly, @RamCares said take it to another dealership. Truck looks ridiculous during the day with one side out, at night its just lopsided. Both annoying, 28k miles on the truck just passed the 3-year a couple months ago so out of B-to-B warrantee. At this point just want to turn the passenger side accent lights off so they match.
Hey there,

If you do decide to take this to another dealership, please reach out so we can get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread