5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dropped off my Ram at the dealer this morning, while waiting for my loaner they had a Limited and a Laramie w/o air ride sitting next to each other on the showroom floor

The bar on the Limited was noticeably thicker than the Laramie

Limited - 68361449AD
Laramie- 68264952AD

E703DD57-462B-4E5D-B399-30BAECD85605.jpeg
70C84C4D-1E3D-4022-9E1D-54D3EF91841C.jpeg

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Would sort of make sense that RAM would put a thicker bar on an air ride truck to counteract the softer suspension. I will get the part number off my OEM Limited bar when I get home. I kept it in the Hellwig box.

Jason605

Reaction score
I thought about getting the Hellwig after seeing all the comments but didn't really think my BTS rode all that bad. My BTS has the 68361449AD one.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think it matters what OEM bar you have or what part number it is, we don't know the differences any way, so to post part numbers is really irrelevant.
Crap…was hoping you were researching all those numbers, compiling a spreadsheet and preparing a nice presentation for all of us. I always thought pretty highly of your opinion until now….

Last edited:

ironman8282

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering the hellwig 7709 will not for a 2020 tan that is lowered . The pan hard bar drop bracket causes the sway bar to contact the pan hard bar .. another word if advice don’t buy a maxtrac lowering kit

Betohemi661

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering the hellwig 7709 will not for a 2020 tan that is lowered . The pan hard bar drop bracket causes the sway bar to contact the pan hard bar .. another word if advice don’t buy a maxtrac lowering kit
Wish i had seen this before i bought mine lol looking at the inez 3/5 also

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
This probably won't apply to everyone, but if you're military and/or have access to the Exchange website, they have an auto-parts site on an external page. It sells the Hellwig 7709 for $196. The site hasn't been updated for vehicles newer than 2017, but I figure for 196 its worth the risk that the page is old but the part is right. I figure I can always return it if it ends up being something other than what is listed.

You just saved me $100 on this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Got my Hellwig today.
Happy to say all the holes are the same and no major kinks at the bends.
Unfortunatly I am probably waiting for warmer weather to install.

11/19/21 manufacture date
I checked the bushings and clamps to make sure they were correct after reading of some packing mix-ups.
Clamps look a bit different, but they line up the same and bushings are the same. Should be good.
20220121_152511.jpg

Last edited:

Nova90

Reaction score
Got my Hellwig today.
Happy to say all the holes are the same and no major kinks at the bends.
Unfortunatly I am probably waiting for warmer weather to install.
Where did you purchase from? Looks like the price of it has increased a bit.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Where did you purchase from? Looks like the price of it has increased a bit.
Summit. Yeah I ordered from Jegs first for the $15 off, but then they said their expected ship date was JUNE.
So Summit it was, and it arrived in 2 days after ordering. Not that I am in a hurry to install it.

Users who are viewing this thread