5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'll try to weigh them this weekend
redneck...I have a 2021 Loaded 4X4 Limited with Air and the sway bar on our trucks is the exact same part that was on my 2019. RAM doesn't make different sway bars based on the model year or trim. There is no way your bar is solid and can even compare to the Hellwig unless someone replaced it before you purchased your truck.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
redneck...I have a 2021 Loaded 4X4 Limited with Air and the sway bar on our trucks is the exact same part that was on my 2019. RAM doesn't make different sway bars based on the model year or trim. There is no way your bar is solid and can even compare to the Hellwig unless someone replaced it before you purchased your truck.
There are two different Mopar sway bars available for the 2021 MY - 68362114AA & 68363231AA. The first part number listed is approximately $20 more than the second one. Could there be an upgraded version? I can’t find anything that explains the difference.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are two different Mopar sway bars available for the 2021 MY - 68362114AA & 68363231AA. The first part number listed is approximately $20 more than the second one. Could there be an upgraded version? I can’t find anything that explains the difference.
Interesting to say the least. I'll wait for the weight comparison. I'm never afraid to admit when I'm wrong but the truth will be in the numbers. @redneck what P/N is your oem bar? My oem bar P/N is 68264952AC which is different than the two @NorthStar posted.

PXL_20210508_125537758.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I could, possibly, see the Rebel having a slightly different bar. But a Long Horn and Limited shouldn't be any different. @Jeffjad I am not afraid either to admit I may be wrong, but it makes ZERO sense on a Long Horn to have a solid sway bar versus what all others have.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Numbers are different but shape is all the same, so Hellwig bars fit all. Difference is in the core or wall thickness?
That's all it can be, but WHY? Makes no sense why a Long Horn would have a thicker wall or solid core when all others do not. I still don't buy the fact that he saw no difference between stock and a Hellwig which is built like a tank!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's all it can be, but WHY? Makes no sense why a Long Horn would have a thicker wall or solid core when all others do not. I still don't buy the fact that he saw no difference between stock and a Hellwig which is built like a tank!
Given all of this, I imagine a Tradesman has a chunk of all-thread for a sway bar! 😉

redneck

Reaction score
sorry spent all day F- ing around with a light bar & a wireless relay switch that ended up being defective only had a 1 foot transmission range on it when you would try to turn it off ..turning it on it would work 30 feet away. ill see if my sway has a part number tag on it & get it weighed tomorrow

redneck

Reaction score
So I've got a 5th part number to add to the mix for factory sway bar and my factory bar weighs 9lb 4oz the hellwig one weighs 11lb 5 Oz. My scale could be off a little but the difference between the 2 is about 2lb and 1/8 inch thicker for the hellwig.

Attachments

• 20210509_141236.jpg
    20210509_141236.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 20

redneck

Reaction score
Mabey i didnt feel a difference when i swaped out bars cause i have a 220 lb fiberglass tonneau cover & 600# of tools in the bed always i think the air shocks are pumped up kinda stiff to start with

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mabey i didnt feel a difference when i swaped out bars cause i have a 220 lb fiberglass tonneau cover & 600# of tools in the bed always i think the air shocks are pumped up kinda stiff to start with
Ya all they weight in the bed will make it feel mushy. If you get beefier end links you will really feel the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread