5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the sway bar on today, I’m pretty happy with it. I went middle as everyone else suggests but I think I’m the only one who has painted theirs Hydro Blue. I just love the look of that color and I like the idea of a few subtle blue accents to break up the all black of the night edition.

no install photos because it got dark and those damn mosquitoes are nasty 5CE4E841-CAA3-410A-B08C-C17FFE3FC5D3.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the sway bar on today, I’m pretty happy with it. I went middle as everyone else suggests but I think I’m the only one who has painted theirs Hydro Blue. I just love the look of that color and I like the idea of a few subtle blue accents to break up the all black of the night edition.

no install photos because it got dark and those damn mosquitoes are nasty View attachment 106731
Mosquitos are no excuse…Take one for the team

lkjk

Reaction score
Installed mine yesterday, with the longer end links from hellwig. Put it on the stiffest setting - definitely noticeable, but not life changing. Given that I already swapped the shocks/struts/coils, i'm wondering if the difference is less noticeable. I hated the wallow-y factory ride, and got ride of it for the most part with the lift, so this probably just added to that.

Running it on a pretty heavy laramie with 3.5" rough country struts/shocks/clayton 3.5" coils and 35" load range E tires

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed mine yesterday, with the longer end links from hellwig. Put it on the stiffest setting - definitely noticeable, but not life changing. Given that I already swapped the shocks/struts/coils, i'm wondering if the difference is less noticeable. I hated the wallow-y factory ride, and got ride of it for the most part with the lift, so this probably just added to that.

Running it on a pretty heavy laramie with 3.5" rough country struts/shocks/clayton 3.5" coils and 35" load range E tires
Where I notice it the most is in the cloverleaf style onramps. Before, I would feel significant body roll pushing it hard in the curve, now I don't get much body roll which ends up pushing the front tires through the corner and I have to slow down. But going faster than before with body roll

XmikeX

Reaction score
Does AAFES still offer the swaybar? I followed the link and tried manually searching and searching Hellwig in the search bar and nothing comes up.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does AAFES still offer the swaybar? I followed the link and tried manually searching and searching Hellwig in the search bar and nothing comes up.
Yes, but you need to be in the right place.
after logging in, click on Marketplace at the top
Look for the Exchange auto parts store below (specialty)

click on that block.

there you will do your search for the Hellwig. They actually updated the site with current model years for our trucks. When I ordered mine, drop down menu only went to 2018.

good luck.. I hope that helped.

XmikeX

Reaction score

click on that block.

there you will do your search for the Hellwig. They actually updated the site with current model years for our trucks. When I ordered mine, drop down menu only went to 2018.

Very much so, thank you!

Tgryphon

Reaction score
If you are thinking of ordering one, do it now! I ordered in September and just got an email a couple days ago projecting a Christmas shipping date. Side note, if anyone knows where one is in stock, let me know!!!

Mr.Grid

Reaction score

click on that block.

I was using Firefox and had to switch browsers to make this work but got it ordered. Thank You

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
If you are thinking of ordering one, do it now! I ordered in September and just got an email a couple days ago projecting a Christmas shipping date. Side note, if anyone knows where one is in stock, let me know!!!
If you have a racers account Summit has them for $284

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online