5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Assembly

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Fixed. Took the air box out. Not bad at all

which LEDs did you use and did you have any issues with fitting behind the dust cover?
How about anyone else who has installed H7 LEDs - issues?

Rhombus

Reaction score
I ordered everything from ProTuning Labs and ordered the Wicked H7 LED's. I rarely run the brights, so I left them as Halogen for now. There's PLENTY of room for these LED's.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered everything from ProTuning Labs and ordered the Wicked H7 LED's. I rarely run the brights, so I left them as Halogen for now. There's PLENTY of room for these LED's.
That is a pretty good deal $39.99 and they throw in the LED low beams.

Give us some feedback on how you like those Wicked T2Pro Extreme LED's for your Low Beams...

Rhombus

Reaction score
That is a pretty good deal $39.99 and they throw in the LED low beams.

Give us some feedback on how you like those Wicked T2Pro Extreme LED's for your Low Beams...
Going to take a run tonight to check them out. I turned off the factory DRL’s. These guys ARE brighter with no headlights on, and dimmer with the headlights on.

Rhombus

Reaction score
So the Wicked LED’s perform very well. And the AlphaRex headlights have a distinct horizontal cutoff . I need to fine tune the height and the LED clocking, but I’ve donated enough knuckle skin this weekend. One thing I do like about these on my all white truck, is that th LED DRL’s blend in almost like body trim, giving the truck a “look” I like. B822237C-0451-4B2E-AE5A-CC63424BE2CE.jpeg

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going to take a run tonight to check them out. I turned off the factory DRL’s. These guys ARE brighter with no headlights on, and dimmer with the headlights on.

The DRL's are designed to dim when the headlights are on to meet DOT lighting standards

Stony0604

Reaction score
Looks creepy with everything off
458d0561b317044f1985f4b540af3cb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
I meant just with lights turned off after install - they look incredible on white trucks because they match so well, I have black night edition and think they will still look good with black grill - and obviously lit looks great on your truck, not sure when off. Thanks!

Stony0604

Reaction score
I meant just with lights turned off after install - they look incredible on white trucks because they match so well, I have black night edition and think they will still look good with black grill - and obviously lit looks great on your truck, not sure when off. Thanks!
Ahh, that kind of "off" :LOL::LOL:

Jrun50

Reaction score
My RAM is actually Black Forest Green with matching grill. I would like to black out the emblems at some point too.

Also saw a great disassembly video from the guys at headlight revolution.

Attachments

• E424FAFC-4E67-40C8-A87F-4B2EBFBA40D7.jpeg
    E424FAFC-4E67-40C8-A87F-4B2EBFBA40D7.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 47E11C2A-0E80-410B-AAB2-869D7AC9D688.jpeg
    47E11C2A-0E80-410B-AAB2-869D7AC9D688.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 99

jlanc20

Reaction score
I am curious as well about how they look on all black trucks...they look great all lit up i just dont want the white drl strip to clash with the all black when they are turned off...any body install on all black? Im currently on the group list just second guessing now i asked alpharex if we could get get the drl strip smoked but they do not offer that

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
I am curious as well about how they look on all black trucks...they look great all lit up i just dont want the white drl strip to clash with the all black when they are turned off...any body install on all black? Im currently on the group list just second guessing now i asked alpharex if we could get get the drl strip smoked but they do not offer that

Yeah that is also my main concern, but Jrun50’s Black Forest Green with the color matched grill is fairly close and I still think it looks better than the cheapo blacked out reflector housings, whether they have LEDs or not.

The Morimotos for over double the price look nice/black but also think they give off the ‘aftermarket’ vibe a little more than I prefer. For the price could play around with smoking them yourself with vinyl vs painting them, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread