5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Assembly

gvande

Reaction score
So adjusted my headlights today, appears that with my lights in the off position my DRL strip comes on but the low beam is also on. I could have sworn that this was not occurring when I installed last week. I played with the fuse tap made sure the connection seemed okay - a little difficult to get super snug. I'm in the F60 fuse, both slots have in tact fuses in place. I take this to mean my DRL is not working as the low beam should be off, any other ideas why/things to troubleshoot you guys can think of?
Make sure you have truck setting to for DRL turned off.....that is an option in the settings on your truck no matter what lights you put in

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Make sure you have truck setting to for DRL turned off.....that is an option in the settings on your truck no matter what lights you put in

Fixed on both accounts - thank you! Don’t have a great spot to adjust the lights/level them, but the right definitely seemed low in general and much lower than the left so just raised that one up to what seems even/appropriate. Thankfully the right side is easy to access with air box out. The driver side would require a stubby screw driver and some finesse unless I’m missing something. My OCD will be satisfied for now lol.

Attachments

• 5AF9853A-5BB8-4B7F-99ED-45EBD8F89DAD.jpeg
    5AF9853A-5BB8-4B7F-99ED-45EBD8F89DAD.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 89

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So adjusted my headlights today, appears that with my lights in the off position my DRL strip comes on but the low beam is also on. I could have sworn that this was not occurring when I installed last week. I played with the fuse tap made sure the connection seemed okay - a little difficult to get super snug. I'm in the F60 fuse, both slots have in tact fuses in place. I take this to mean my DRL is not working as the low beam should be off, any other ideas why/things to troubleshoot you guys can think of?
Make sure you did not turn DRL on in your UConnect settings. This will turn your low beams on as DRLS' on Bighorn trucks equipped with halogen lights.

gvande

Reaction score
Fixed on both accounts - thank you! Don’t have a great spot to adjust the lights/level them, but the right definitely seemed low in general and much lower than the left so just raised that one up to what seems even/appropriate. Thankfully the right side is easy to access with air box out. The driver side would require a stubby screw driver and some finesse unless I’m missing something. My OCD will be satisfied for now lol.
Yes! Looks great!

Gs72174

Reaction score
How do you adjust the lights? Is there something on the back of the Alpharex housing?

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
How do you adjust the lights? Is there something on the back of the Alpharex housing?

Clockwise with a Phillips head to lower, counterclockwise to raise. Air box off on the passenger side makes it accessible. A ratchet or stubby screwdriver on the drivers will work if they are installed already.

Attachments

• 514D860F-96A3-460F-BFAC-B08626F7D631.jpeg
    514D860F-96A3-460F-BFAC-B08626F7D631.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51

Gs72174

Reaction score
Clockwise with a Phillips head to lower, counterclockwise to raise. Air box off on the passenger side makes it accessible. A ratchet or stubby screwdriver on the drivers will work if they are installed already.

Thanks for the help!

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of the jet black pro series for my 2019 black edition big horn. I don’t like that the projector housings are chrome even on the jet black lights but I guess we’ll see how they look once they are on. I decided to try these because what I really wanted was an LED DRL like these have. And I didn’t want to spend $1,500 dollars to get it.

Gs72174

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of the jet black pro series for my 2019 black edition big horn. I don’t like that the projector housings are chrome even on the jet black lights but I guess we’ll see how they look once they are on. I decided to try these because what I really wanted was an LED DRL like these have. And I didn’t want to spend $1,500 dollars to get it.
I’ve got a Big Horn with black package and was worried about the chrome housings too but I barely notice them. For the money, you can’t beat them.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve got a Big Horn with black package and was worried about the chrome housings too but I barely notice them. For the money, you can’t beat them.
Oh nice. Do you have any pictures you could share? And did you put LED bulbs in yours? And if so what did you use, and did you change the fogs?

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Received my lights yesterday and was extremely pissed and disappointed as I thought I got the wrong one's shipped to me. I was entirely expecting these projector housing to be black as well and logged into ask a question about this. Glad I was not the only one to be disappointed by this. I guess I will install this weekend and see how they look.

Gs72174

Reaction score
Received my lights yesterday and was extremely pissed and disappointed as I thought I got the wrong one's shipped to me. I was entirely expecting these projector housing to be black as well and logged into ask a question about this. Glad I was not the only one to be disappointed by this. I guess I will install this weekend and see how they look.
I knew they weren’t all black but after talking to other members on the forum, I decided to get them and I’m happy with them.

Gs72174

Reaction score
Oh nice. Do you have any pictures you could share? And did you put LED bulbs in yours? And if so what did you use, and did you change the fogs?
8CBC3B44-3DC5-4FFB-94F5-A9DF4D4C9C5D.jpeg

Hopefully this helps. I changed out the bulbs with Lasfit LED’s. Gonna do my fogs later.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they look awesome. Wish there would be another group buy for them:cautious:

Gs72174

Reaction score
thanks for posting that. Did you have any issues with bulb out warnings or Flickering lights?
I had issues with which fuse to use. Others that were in the group buy have had theirs go bad completely and have mentioned bad customer service.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had issues with which fuse to use. Others that were in the group buy have had theirs go bad completely and have mentioned bad customer service.
Sorry I meant with the lasfit led bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread