5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone installed the Airdesign cut in fender vents?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regarding the fender vents - could you just add some PPF & double sided tape to get the look without cutting? Or is it not a flat/contoured backside in relation to the fender?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding the fender vents - could you just add some PPF & double sided tape to get the look without cutting? Or is it not a flat/contoured backside in relation to the fender?
I imagine they are designed to be attached with the hole cut out. Not sure if you could trim them down to be attached with couple sided tape

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I imagine they are designed to be attached with the hole cut out. Not sure if you could trim them down to be attached with couple sided tape

I don’t believe they could now that I see a photo from this angle. It clearly looks like part of the vent would enter through the newly cut hole. It does look nice when it’s painted to match, at least in this color though.

Attachments

• 07C601B7-63DE-404B-A214-13149D329329.jpeg
    07C601B7-63DE-404B-A214-13149D329329.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 36

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Yeah, did some searching and found other pics. Remember it being posted before. Not a fan. Looks like AutoZone stick on.
I had mine paint matched granite crystal and the top grill piece is gloss black so its more of a seamless oem look..but it's not like a cheap stick on auto zone product..extremely well made ..Just not your style I guess..you've got a nice rig ..love the color

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Are they functional, and will the accomplish anything? At freeway speeds the just might work.
I'm no engineer but obviously air gets rammed through the grill and radiator, blown by the fan over the engine and exits the vents...cool air in hot air out..seems plausable right?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are they functional, and will the accomplish anything? At freeway speeds the just might work.
Not really as that part of the fender isn't open into the engine bay. Purely cosmetic

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Not really as that part of the fender isn't open into the engine bay. Purely cosmetic
It absolutely is..if you raise your hood and look up towards your windshield by the hood hinges there is a gaping hole you can stick you arm down in it and that's precisely where the hole is cut..so there will be air flow I'd send a picture of the hole I'm talking about when u get it back

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ive seen some linex on the bottom rocker panel area and fender flares … offroading i rather not deal with chips and scrapes lol

Big Gunz

Reaction score
ive seen some linex on the bottom rocker panel area and fender flares … offroading i rather not deal with chips and scrapes lol
That's a great idea..I already have some small scratches and I've only had them for a month..wish I thought of that

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It absolutely is..if you raise your hood and look up towards your windshield by the hood hinges there is a gaping hole you can stick you arm down in it and that's precisely where the hole is cut..so there will be air flow I'd send a picture of the hole I'm talking about when u get it back
That's not open to the engine bay. I'd be surprised if there was any difference in under hood temps from them. Not saying they don't look decent, but to say they would help with under hood temps is a stretch if you are using that to try and convince people to get them

Users who are viewing this thread