5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone installed the Airdesign cut in fender vents?

Big Gunz

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited and have installed the Airdesign hood scoop, super bolt flares and the lower door rocker covers and I was thinking of trying the fender vents but you have to cut the fender to install🤯...any thoughts?

Attachments

• ARD_20CH07a18_1200x1200.jpg
    ARD_20CH07a18_1200x1200.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 222

Big Gunz

Reaction score
It definitely is that which is what scares me..looks great but probably not a good idea huh?

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Lol yeah I'm into the vent look I just have to get my nerve up to put a cut out tool to a nicely painted truck..we'll see

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this entirely cosmetic, i.e. just for looks, or does it have some practical purpose? Venting hot air from under-hood, aerodynamics?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is this entirely cosmetic, i.e. just for looks, or does it have some practical purpose? Venting hot air from under-hood, aerodynamics?
It would vent the air above your wheel well liner. Other than that, it would make your Ram look more like a 2021+ F150.

Big Gunz

Reaction score
It opens up air flow inside the engine compartment and reduced hood flutter..definitely functional and look great..for me its measure 10 time cut once..I'll say a hail mary before I start🙏🙏

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only airflow
It opens up air flow inside the engine compartment and reduced hood flutter..definitely functional and look great..for me its measure 10 time cut once..I'll say a hail mary before I start🙏🙏
There are a few holes between the engine compartment and fender wells for wire bundles to pass through. Certainly not enough to create additional airflow. Hood flutter? Where did you get that?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting that it reduces hood flutter. I’ve had the hood stops adjusted once by dealer even though I told them they have to adjust the latch - it’s helped a little bit, but not when I’m doing my monthly driving through KS/OK where the speed limit is 75/80mph in some areas. I have the Air Design tailgate protector/spoiler & like the idea of the fender vents, but since I don’t necessarily need the additional cooling I might still just opt for some gloss black hood pins. Still undecided. I wonder if the review poster had the sport hood also - probably not if he has a Big Horn which I’m sure he an affect on wind uplift. Post some interim install pics if you don’t mind!

Big Gunz

Reaction score
If I get the nerve up I will definitely post pics of the install..but I haven't pulled the trigger on buying them yet

Big Gunz

Reaction score
That's one nice looking ram bpebler! If you do the gloss black hood pins that would look pretty awesome..I'm still nervous of cutting or drilling 😬

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's one nice looking ram bpebler! If you do the gloss black hood pins that would look pretty awesome..I'm still nervous of cutting or drilling 😬
Thanks! I am too & really don’t want to cut or drill, but either option would require it obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread