5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handgun Mount

Odis814

Reaction score
Anyone have a good handgun mount they use in their truck?

Share links if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
But ok, I know what you're asking. I have looked I to them as well... but as usual, they are too bulky. Its usually on me, or in the cubby above the glove, if I need to place it somewhere.

But its definitely never where my registration is.

Joker4L

Reaction score
I have a magnet mount on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel dash area. It’s a very strong magnet in which I added felt to it so it doesn’t mess up the finish to either my Glock 42 or Glock 19X. Everyday as soon as I get in my vehicle, weapon goes from my concealed holster to my mount and when I dismount from the vehicle the weapon goes right back into its holster.

I can easily reach my weapon while driving around without anyone even noticing I grabbing it. I work in a bad area so I have to be always ready

Odis814

Reaction score
I have a magnet mount on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel dash area. It’s a very strong magnet in which I added felt to it so it doesn’t mess up the finish to either my Glock 42 or Glock 19X. Everyday as soon as I get in my vehicle, weapon goes from my concealed holster to my mount and when I dismount from the vehicle the weapon goes right back into its holster.

I can easily reach my weapon while driving around without anyone even noticing I grabbing it. I work in a bad area so I have to be always ready

Did you screw it to the dash? Or 3M? I bought one that came with 3M but the adhesive doesn’t seem strong enough. When I get close enough with the gun it pulls the magnet off where it’s mounted to. (Tried to mount mine where you have yours.)

Odis814

Reaction score
I understand but it’s only two small holes. I don’t plan on removing the magnet ever so those holes will never be seen.

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing.

S

Smashy71

I have a left handed fobus paddle holster and it fits in side cradle off the console perfectly.

Odis814

Reaction score
I clip my universal holster onto the map pocket by your right knee and my Glock 43 lives there

If I did this with any of my holsters the the grip on the gun would be facing toward the front of the truck and would make it weird to draw it

Odis814

Reaction score
I had wondered about using that slot on the left side of the console. Thanks for the pointers.

@MachineX , you're already in Texas, check out Tucker Gun Leather. Not as inexpensive but way more comfortable than the Alien Gear. I own several of the Texas Heritage and most recently "The Answer".

https://tuckergunleather.com/

Check out whitehathsters.com as well.

Users who are viewing this thread