5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT Package

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's all a matter of preference. Every time I get in my truck, I thank the Good Lord that I don't have the toaster oven knob on my dash.
The dash knob has really grown on me. Console shifter is basically just a hand rest once truck is in gear. I'll take the extra space

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! I'm not really understanding why Ram would go through the trouble of creating a performance package (GT) and it have the same hp numbers, 0-60 time, etc. as a standard Laramie. After reading everyone's feedback, it seems pointless to purchase the Mopar Cold air intake. Roughly $800 for a part that does nothing different than what's already installed.
The GT isn't sold as a "performance" package though.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You bring up a good point with comparing times. Id be inerested to see 0-60, 1/8, and 1/4 mile times between a 2022 Laramie and 2022 Laramie GT (equally optioned).
Should be easy enough to get baseline numbers from the GT’s since they have Performance Pages.
Anybody with a GT wanna post your numbers?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The paddle shifters on my 2012 2SS Camaro were placed where the volume rocker switch is on the Rams on both sides. I loved the placement.
Right, I believe they only had the buttons on 2010 and 2011 model years. It wasn't the placement that sucked (they were placed on the back of the steering wheel spokes), it was the fact that they were just buttons. Imagine using the stereo control buttons on the Ram for shifting the transmission.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I beg to differ. GT literally means Grand Turismo - A car fit between a sports car and luxury car. The GT package also comes with performance pages. Everything about it screams performance.
Except it's performance. :p

Camel_City

Reaction score
A 392 in the GT's would've been sweet!
As far as the paddle shifters, they definitely rotate with the wheel. If there was one thing I would change on my Rebel GT, it would be to get rid of the gimmicky paddles and go back with the gear selector.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's all a matter of preference. Every time I get in my truck, I thank the Good Lord that I don't have the toaster oven knob on my dash.
Yea, put it back on a column shifter

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have a laramie GT and my paddle shifters move with the wheel

as far as performance, ram does.not.claim.any gain, but it does not.mean there is none.

however if there is one over a stock ram, its not big.

but there is more to it other then the exhaust, air intake and paddle there is the gt bucket seats are really nice and hold you good, i found them a little.more confy then regular laramie seats too

, the performance app and pages are.cool, the pedals too, i think for the price you get alot

jit11375

Reaction score
Rofl, paddle shifters definitely move with the steering wheel. Exhaust note sounds great with 0 drone. I came from 8 years with a knob shifter to the console shifter, so it’s just a nice change when getting into a new truck.

I just installed an $1800 exhaust on my other car, so I think with prices nowadays in mind, you get a decent amount for what you pay. But everyone has their own point of view and perspective.

Not gonna be everyone’s cup of tea, but I do agree, a 392 in these would’ve been perfect. Could’ve easily been a 5k package with that lol

6of36

Reaction score
I beg to differ. GT literally means Grand Turismo - A car fit between a sports car and luxury car. The GT package also comes with performance pages. Everything about it screams performance.
My limited has performance pages. Not a GT. And once I got used to the dial shifter, I prefer it.

6of36

Reaction score
Bro, Limited don't come from the factory with performance pages.
What are smoking?
It has already been determined you don't know what you are talking about. Do you own a '23 with ORG?

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has already been determined you don't know what you are talking about. Do you own a '23 with ORG?
what are the performance page you have? could you post some pics? off road page i get it, you have the 1/4 mile, the 0-60 the braking, the gforces, the performamce gages and everything? if yes thats cool for you, i think there pretty cool to have

ramman95

Reaction score
Rofl, paddle shifters definitely move with the steering wheel. Exhaust note sounds great with 0 drone. I came from 8 years with a knob shifter to the console shifter, so it’s just a nice change when getting into a new truck.

I just installed an $1800 exhaust on my other car, so I think with prices nowadays in mind, you get a decent amount for what you pay. But everyone has their own point of view and perspective.

Not gonna be everyone’s cup of tea, but I do agree, a 392 in these would’ve been perfect. Could’ve easily been a 5k package with that lol
I agree, the GT package should have included the 392. I think Ram really dropped the ball by never offering the 392 in the 1500. I know there's the TRX but not everyone needs 700HP and all the off road capabilities in that trim level. Also the TRX, at 100K is not really affordable for many people. They could have offered a Scat Pack, Rumble Bee or this GT package on the Big Horn trim level and kept it somewhat affordable. They could sell as many of them as they could build, people like horsepower. When Chrysler announced that the 392 was coming back to the 300 for a limited run, it sold out in 12 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread