5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT Package

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why the aggravation here? I chose a GT Rebel because I wanted the seats, the exhaust, the accents, and sport hood. I chose a Rebel because I live on a mountain in the middle of a forest and not down the road from the mall. I have a crap load of experience in offroad, as I do it on my last mile home every day, and I have zero concern over a Rebel GT capabilities. Dude you have no idea what you are talking about and are just dissing folks preferences.

There is no aggravation, you're reading into my posts 10 times more than I put into it. I've said more than once, my issue with the package is more how Ram is just playing around, there is no real substance to the package. If you want exactly what the truck offers than I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, that was never my point.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is no aggravation, you're reading into my posts 10 times more than I put into it. I've said more than once, my issue with the package is more how Ram is just playing around, there is no real substance to the package. If you want exactly what the truck offers than I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, that was never my point.
The GT package is all about marketing. Let's add some exclusive features to get more people to buy Rams. Just like the Rebel package. There's nothing in the Rebel that adds any capability over a Tradesman 4x4. They both use the same transfer case. Different tires/wheels, but those are easily changed, especially with the price difference. But when people can say they have a Rebel, they feel better about their purchase than saying they have a Tradesman.

Step up to BigHorns and only real difference between Bighorn with ORP and Rebel is the transfer case and available the Sport hood on Rebels. But yet thousands in price difference.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why the aggravation here? I chose a GT Rebel because I wanted the seats, the exhaust, the accents, and sport hood. I chose a Rebel because I live on a mountain in the middle of a forest and not down the road from the mall. I have a crap load of experience in offroad, as I do it on my last mile home every day, and I have zero concern over a Rebel GT capabilities. Dude you have no idea what you are talking about and are just dissing folks preferences.
GT package for... everything.

I'm down for that.

I'm sure having those paddle sifters for offload is amazing.

I don't think it should be called a GT package, and I think they should separate out some items.

I would of been down to just pay for the pre-installed Mopar ram air intake and the console shifter. Skip the paddle shifters, and install my own exhaust.

6of36

Reaction score
The GT package is all about marketing. Let's add some exclusive features to get more people to buy Rams. Just like the Rebel package. There's nothing in the Rebel that adds any capability over a Tradesman 4x4. They both use the same transfer case. Different tires/wheels, but those are easily changed, especially with the price difference. But when people can say they have a Rebel, they feel better about their purchase than saying they have a Tradesman.

Step up to BigHorns and only real difference between Bighorn with ORP and Rebel is the transfer case and available the Sport hood on Rebels. But yet thousands in price difference.
It's the same with the Night package. All the plastic pieces are molded in black plastic. If you don't order the Night package, They have to have all those pieces plated, and have to chrome the bumpers. The cost is cheaper to produce, but they charge extra, because they market it as something special. You don't get better performance with the GT package, but you do get a lot for the money.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's the same with the Night package. All the plastic pieces are molded in black plastic. If you don't order the Night package, They have to have all those pieces plated, and have to chrome the bumpers. The cost is cheaper to produce, but they charge extra, because they market it as something special. You don't get better performance with the GT package, but you do get a lot for the money.
Night edition plastic is color matched. Not just black.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gee I really wanted that bright pedal kit and GT decal.

Kidding aside, if you really want that console/paddle shifters than that's the way to get them. But my point is why does Ram have to make that exclusive to a GT package? It's poorly thought out. Like saying only the work truck and rebel would want 3.92 and therefore prevent other trims from getting it.

Ideally there would be no trims at all. You start with tradesman and add the features you want. Possibly a few smartly designed packages on top (I can see a towing package and an offroad package but these should be designed to save money by adding 3 + 4 features at a discount vs adding all 3 or 4 individually) This will never happen because hey why not gouge customers by by bundling a bunch of stuff they don't want just to get the one feature they do.

I maintain my point that adding a Grand Touring package (which has only fluffy content) to the Rebel trim is completely pointless. Touring is completely at odds with offroad, polar opposites when taken to the extreme. Now you have a trim which is neither the most capable offroad nor the best touring.
well then if we follow your thinking all the package are pointless unless they offert performance lol

night edition, built to serve, ems,sport package etc they are all pointless then because non of them offer performance...(in think they are nice)

the gt package might be pointless to you, but at the end it offers alot for the price, just like the night edition package.

i get your point, but dont agree a gt package would make a rebel less capable then a non gt rebel in 99.9% off the time, in what situation would it be less capable .

but again package are not for every body, some are hunting for night package, some would trade the black for chrome.. to each is own

HemiDude

Reaction score
I don't know about all models with the Night Edition, but the black on mine has metalflake in it

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about all models with the Night Edition, but the black on mine has metalflake in it
Same on mine. And the black trim pieces inside are special too. they have some sort of swirl pattern.
Lots of confirmation bias in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread