5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT Package

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t know the G/T’s came with drag timers. I thought it was just a TRX thing.
Are GTs actually faster, more horsepower than any other Hemi in the lineup? I thought it was debated that the CAI didn't increase any HP and the only other performance thing I see listed is the exhaust. Are the GT Packages smoking us all but TRX?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are GTs actually faster, more horsepower than any other Hemi in the lineup? I thought it was debated that the CAI didn't increase any HP and the only other performance thing I see listed is the exhaust. Are the GT Packages smoking us all but TRX?
Doubtful from the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times I’ve been seeing. It’s too bad as they really could have had something special there if they came with a 392. RAM GT SRT 8 has a nice ring to it. Nice bridge between the regular models and the TRX.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doubtful from the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times I’ve been seeing. It’s too bad as they really could have had something special there if they came with a 392. RAM GT SRT 8 has a nice ring to it. Nice bridge between the regular models and the TRX.
My 2020 Rebel is fun as **** to drive - thought my next would be a GT to get next level but didn't see where the package was bringing more to the table. Opted to instead go the Limited route for now for various reasons...probably going to miss the Rebel.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They can be faster if driven properly using the paddle shifters.

ngtmre88

Reaction score
My fastest 0-60 is currently 6.7s.. Been trying to find better conditions to run a quicker time. Located in Nor. Cal.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My fastest 0-60 is currently 6.7s.. Been trying to find better conditions to run a quicker time. Located in Nor. Cal.
its possible i did a 5.5, but the low temp did help, but yours is a rebel vs mine a laramie, you have more agressive tire and higher suspension...

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel is fun as **** to drive - thought my next would be a GT to get next level but didn't see where the package was bringing more to the table. Opted to instead go the Limited route for now for various reasons...probably going to miss the Rebel.
i dont agree the gt is 3k$ and you have all the following, so it does bring alot for the price.. and also.would like the 6.4 but still for 3k$ its alot

you get the ramair.. just that is about 1k$
you get the exhaust, that also.cost about 1k$
you get the 3.92 gear, thats about 500$ option
you get the same seat as trx but with gt logo, they are bucket seats with more lumbar adjustment. and imo more confortable then regular laramie seats. and the rear seat are different to, with larger center consol en recline... dont know how much that worth
you get the paddle shifters and the shifter
you get the performance app and off road app
you get metal pedals (real ones not clip on)
the decals.

all of these would cost you way more then 3k$ and make its a more fun and confortable ride

but again someone that dosent like that its not for them

ngtmre88

Reaction score
i dont agree the gt is 3k$ and you have all the following, so it does bring alot for the price.. and also.would like the 6.4 but still for 3k$ its alot

you get the same seat as trx but with gt logo, they are bucket seats with more lumbar adjustment. and imo more confortable then regular laramie seats. and the rear seat are different to, with larger center consol en recline... dont know how much that worth
the decals.

all of these would cost you way more then 3k$ and make its a more fun and confortable ride

So I didn't even realize the GT Package was a thing until I bought it. It was a special order that someone backed out of, so the dealer was sitting on it. My salesman told me it was "tuned" and had more power than the standard 1500, which I did not believe. I was also told that the GT had a better suspension package than a standard rebel.. he kept comparing it to a TRX, but with half the power. I didn't purchase my Rebel GT based upon my salesmans claims of ignorance of the vehicle specs, I simply did not have the patience to wait 9 months to order a TRX, and I was not going to pay 20-30k in dealer mark up for one on the lot.

I can confidently say I regret not waiting, in the bigger picture... However.. I keep telling myself I will add some performance to this GT I bought, however, I've yet to commit to not having my truck for potentially 4-6 weeks, though.

silver billet

Reaction score
“TRX but with half the power”?

One hell of a salesman there!😆

No kidding. It's basically a rebel with a borla exhaust and a console shifter.

Nothing against the Rebel/GT, but Ram needs to give us that 6.4 like 3 years ago already. Releasing new "packages" at this point with the same old 5.7 is just getting old now.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No kidding. It's basically a rebel with a borla exhaust and a console shifter.

Nothing against the Rebel/GT, but Ram needs to give us that 6.4 like 3 years ago already. Releasing new "packages" at this point with the same old 5.7 is just getting old now.
if they would inclued the 6.4, the gt option eould not be 3k$... like it is now, i would get you a little more closer to the trx price.and then we would says... well all that for just a extra 75hp a should of put 8k$ more and gotten the trx lol

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

the decals.

My point is it brings nothing much for performance...runs the same as a regular Rebel unless you are into driving with paddle shifters for the extra oomph.

silver billet

Reaction score
if they would inclued the 6.4, the gt option eould not be 3k$... like it is now, i would get you a little more closer to the trx price.and then we would says... well all that for just a extra 75hp a should of put 8k$ more and gotten the trx lol

I don't want a GT. I want a standard big horn with the 6.4. No reason it can't just be a $2000 engine upgrade option over the 5.7. I'm not trying to create a "mini trx" or a fancy SRT model, I just want a big horn with more power.

Both GM and Ford have more powerful motors available than the 5.7, as a simple upgrade fee. In GM's case you need to be in the more expensive trims first which is also something I'm not interested in. Ford gets it right; you want a simple XL/XLT with the most powerful engine, no problem (at least the last time I looked).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The trx is nowhere close to the price of a rebel.
Even if the 6.4 was a 10k package you would still come in far below what a trx goes for.
Not counting discounts it's just over 100k to get a trx with regular features like power seats and heating seats. A base model is like a trademans with a big engine and they charge 10k for the electronics package that other trims charge 2-4k.

I'm sure you can get a fully loaded rebel for around 70k if I had to guess.

I would of gladly spend another 8k just to change from a 5.7 to a 6.4 SRT even without paddle shifters

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes having a 6.4 upgrade would be nice but just if its a reasonable price bump... if its 4k$ or less then i agree it would be nice 2k would be reasonnable.

a base trx is about 85k$ a base rebel gt is 70k$ (yes the base rebel gt comes with more option then the trx) so if you add 6.4 engine overthat your guettibg very close to a trx

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The trx is nowhere close to the price of a rebel.
Even if the 6.4 was a 10k package you would still come in far below what a trx goes for.
Not counting discounts it's just over 100k to get a trx with regular features like power seats and heating seats. A base model is like a trademans with a big engine and they charge 10k for the electronics package that other trims charge 2-4k.

I'm sure you can get a fully loaded rebel for around 70k if I had to guess.

I would of gladly spend another 8k just to change from a 5.7 to a 6.4 SRT even without paddle shifters
I think a Fully loaded Rebel is closer to 80k...can get into a Limited for less with all the same stuff from a creature comfort perspective...and the CAI and exhaust are not adding HP. There's definitely a market for the Rebel GT...but if I'm not getting more HP it didn't make sense to pay more to upgrade to things I don't already have in my Level 1 as I was now in Limited pricing with more creature comforts.

Ulster

Reaction score
I think a Fully loaded Rebel is closer to 80k...can get into a Limited for less with all the same stuff from a creature comfort perspective...and the CAI and exhaust are not adding HP. There's definitely a market for the Rebel GT...but if I'm not getting more HP it didn't make sense to pay more to upgrade to things I don't already have in my Level 1 as I was now in Limited pricing with more creature comforts.
I am close to fully loaded on a Rebel at $71k. Only missing technology and towing packages.

ngtmre88

Reaction score
yes having a 6.4 upgrade would be nice but just if its a reasonable price bump... if its 4k$ or less then i agree it would be nice 2k would be reasonnable.

a base trx is about 85k$ a base rebel gt is 70k$ (yes the base rebel gt comes with more option then the trx) so if you add 6.4 engine overthat your guettibg very close to a trx

I don't know where you saw a base model rebel for 70k, but mine was 54k, and the only thing I am missing is the pano roof, heated/cooled rear seating and adaptive cruise control. I dont mind posting up my VIN if that helps narrow down bigger ticket items I may be missing, but I am pretty sure a base model rebel is like 51k on the dot. I think if you're fully loaded, you're probably looking at about 70k financed, but I dont think you could get a 70k sticker on a rebel without mark-up.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know where you saw a base model rebel for 70k, but mine was 54k, and the only thing I am missing is the pano roof, heated/cooled rear seating and adaptive cruise control. I dont mind posting up my VIN if that helps narrow down bigger ticket items I may be missing, but I am pretty sure a base model rebel is like 51k on the dot. I think if you're fully loaded, you're probably looking at about 70k financed, but I dont think you could get a 70k sticker on a rebel without mark-up.
He's Canadian. In Canada, the base price of a Rebel is $67,295 (and that's in Loonies, or whatever they call their substandard currency).

Users who are viewing this thread