5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding noise when turning to the right

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Exactly, it's a little annoying, but doesn't affect the drivability --- and I definitely don't want to be without my truck!. There is a star publication from FCA saying the engineers don't know what the problem is. Just a waste of time being without your truck.t

Exactly, it's a little annoying, but doesn't affect the drivability --- and I definitely don't want to be without my truck!. There is a star publication from FCA saying the engineers don't know what the problem is. Just a waste of time being without your truck.
I waited a long time for a loaner so they would have plenty of time to drive it and hear/feel the problem for themselves.
It is Broken Until they fix it...and my warranty will likely expire in one year and 16000 miles bef0re they figure it out.
I will not accept the truck back till it is resolved or they make that issue warrantied FOREVER!!

RHeller1

Reaction score
good luck. Your going to be paying for a truck that just sits at the dealership until Ram figures it out. Easier solution is to have the dealer document the problem and the miles on the truck. Then when they understand what is causing the issue, it will get fixed. This isnt that big of a deal.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
Hey All - I am having the exact same issue as everyone else. I reached out to my case manager who helped me with a clock spring issue and she stated a new TSB for 2019-2021 RAM 1500's was released about a month ago for an EPS Software Update for the grinding issue.

Anyone aware of this TSB?

gwatt86

Reaction score
Hey All - I am having the exact same issue as everyone else. I reached out to my case manager who helped me with a clock spring issue and she stated a new TSB for 2019-2021 RAM 1500's was released about a month ago for an EPS Software Update for the grinding issue.

Anyone aware of this TSB?
Not aware of that but very interested. She didn't give you a TSB #?? Seems if she was able to look that up, the number would have been right in front of her.

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
STAR case #S2019000003 And TSB 08-137-21
Thy did some sort of Flash ..Picked up my truck Yesterday, and have not noticed the problem since.
I Will Keep ya'll posted.

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
that would be great to have a TSB number!
Thy did some sort of Flash ..Picked up my truck Yesterday, and have not noticed the problem since.

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Not aware of that but very interested. She didn't give you a TSB #?? Seems if she was able to look that up, the number would have been right in front of her.

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
you should post again....We here, are aware there is a problem. Does it affect the driving besides making a noise? I dont know for sure, but I am still driving mine until a fix is presented. When they figure out the problem, I will bring my truck in. We would tell your dealership what is wrong if any of us knew. I am guessing your truck being at the dealership for the past week is because they could not replicate the problem and its just sitting there waiting for you to pick it up. I myself will wait patiently while driving it everyday for Ram to figure it out. But, thats just me.
Try To Get them to do this...

redevil

Reaction score
I think my truck is having the same problem as what people are describing. It usually is heard when the engine is warmed up as I'm turning to the right at low speed. Ugh not another issue that I have to try to replicate for the dealership. 😠

rleggette

Reaction score
Change the differential, make sure they add BG with LS. It will go away. Ram refuses to acknowledge this issue.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I contacted my dealer with the TSB and the CASE# and I will see what they say. I am definitely having the same issue with the turning.

RHeller1

Reaction score
I changed my differential fluid with the mopar fluid and added the friction modifier, and it still does the grind. different problem

ram\michael

Reaction score
Hey All - I've attached the TSB I received from RAM Customer Care. So far, this has worked for me and the noise is gone. Good Luck!
Thank you buckeye, you just saved me a lot of headache with the dealer. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, and haven't taken it in yet, but i have an appointment Sep 27. I'm including a copy of the TSB when I drop it off. I'd still like to get the front and rear diff flud with anti-slip additive. Did you also get your diff fluid changed?

Users who are viewing this thread