5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gauge Cluster lighting

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly I think that's just because it's away from the white numbering which would dilute the blue. Numbering is evenly lit though. Anyone like that I wouldn't think twice about.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is just very distinct in the daytime. At night it's lit but there are hotspots where its lit during the day.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Mine just started inconsistent illumination of gauge cluster. 2547 miles. The speedometer 40,60,80 speed is bright, the rest of the numbers are dim. Tachometer 2,4,6 bright, rest are dim. In parade mode all illuminate but the described problem above you can see they are a trace lighter.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine just started inconsistent illumination of gauge cluster. 2547 miles. The speedometer 40,60,80 speed is bright, the rest of the numbers are dim. Tachometer 2,4,6 bright, rest are dim. In parade mode all illuminate but the described problem above you can see they are a trace lighter.

Welcome to the dark side !

Twoamen

Reaction score
Just scheduled a service appointment. Have some issues that needs addressed, or recorded. It's all bling issues. Some warning on Lane assist? Flashes So fast I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly. Lane assist also is disabled on start up, 3 times since new. Push button and back on. Weird?
Nav system has wrong speed limit signs. My 2014 didn't. I want it accurate. Nav company who owns system said there is a software update. Not maps?
Once and awhile throttle response seems off. When 2014 did it, they flashed an update. Ran perfect after that. Hope that is all it is.
Split screen doesn't stay on my choices. Always ask what do I want on top half.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted to provide an update, that FCA sent a tech advisor and she did a lot testing last week (I was out of town on business). She supplied the results to RAM engineers and they have already replied on Tuesday. I am taking the truck in on Monday, and they will install a known GOOD cluster on Tuesday. The engineers are actually programming at the factory with my mileage, etc. and sending it overnight. If you kept up with the thread then you know the dealer stated they already replaced the cluster when I first reported the issue. I am optimistic they simply have a supplier issue and this is a good cluster, otherwise there is something else going on.

mtehonica

Reaction score
I wanted to provide an update, that FCA sent a tech advisor and she did a lot testing last week (I was out of town on business). She supplied the results to RAM engineers and they have already replied on Tuesday. I am taking the truck in on Monday, and they will install a known GOOD cluster on Tuesday. The engineers are actually programming at the factory with my mileage, etc. and sending it overnight. If you kept up with the thread then you know the dealer stated they already replaced the cluster when I first reported the issue. I am optimistic they simply have a supplier issue and this is a good cluster, otherwise there is something else going on.

Hope this turns out well for you and has an actionable outcome for the rest of us with the same issue!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cluster came in today but it was late this afternoon, so hopefully tomorrow will be successful.

mtehonica

Reaction score
Awesome, keep us updated, as usual :) I’m less concerned about my gauge cluster lighting now that my truck was dead in my driveway and had to be jumped :(

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright fellow forum members, a new cluster was installed and I now have even lighting. I will say that it appears not as bright but it's so hard to tell anymore so I compared it with another Limited they just got in and it appears to be the same. If you folks with hot spots think it's normal then you are wrong but if it doesn't bother you then it doesn't matter.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright fellow forum members, a new cluster was installed and I now have even lighting. I will say that it appears not as bright but it's so hard to tell anymore so I compared it with another Limited they just got in and it appears to be the same. If you folks with hot spots think it's normal then you are wrong but if it doesn't bother you then it doesn't matter.
Glad you finally got some satisfaction. (y)

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad you finally got some satisfaction. (y)

I'm not satisfied yet but I'm glad they have uniform numbers although it's now dim and you can't see it in sunlight and if you have sunglasses on. When I purchased my truck and compared this was a vehicle on the lot the other truck was super bright during the day. I wish someone who actually knew how the truck was designed / operated would contact me from FCA. I'm going to visit some other dealers with Limiteds.

Savagescott

Reaction score
Any updates here? I'm compiling my list of things to look for before I order mine.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was at the dealer for some assorted issued and they deemed this "working as designed."

Twoamen

Reaction score
I released a list to service manager yesterday. Had pictures of the inconsistency on illumination. He would try to find out some answers. I found on mine It appears overcast days or in garage they have hot spots. Driving at night you have better saturation of light source. Dimmer is dim or off. No variable. It still has a faint difference in brighter 40/60/80 mph areas

syberspace

Reaction score
Having same issue. Taking it in this week to get looked at. Keeps getting worse.
Plus I get screen burn in all the time. For example, if I am on cruise at 60 mph for a while, then speed up or slow down, I can still see the 60 on the screen.
Pic is from this morning and the lights are on with the setting at max, just before you click to full bright.

Attachments

• ram-cluster.jpg
    ram-cluster.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
  • ram-clusters2.jpg
    ram-clusters2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
Anymore news on this topic? I have the same thing, the speeding and rpm gauge lighting is uneven. It almost looks as if it's done on purpose though

Users who are viewing this thread