5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's not entirely true, early UC4's 12" screens did not have Off-road pages, however they were added in later updates.
Yeah, I get updates to software all the time that add new features.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not even that. They would just need to update Android Auto on the head unit. Google has already released full screen Android Auto. Too bad someone hasn't figured out how to jailbreak it.

Well, because it's Android it would have to be rooted. 😆

DMutt

Reaction score
Ram Cares customer service told me to contact UConnect directly (1-855-792-4241) to inquire and complain about AA not being full screen. Haven't tried yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_234336_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_234336_Gmail.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 56

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram Cares customer service told me to contact UConnect directly (1-855-792-4241) to inquire and complain about AA not being full screen. Haven't tried yet.
There's not enough contrast between the text and background to read the attachment.

g00fy

Reaction score
I've started hassling them on "X" (AKA twitter) every time Uconnect cares makes a post I respond asking where our full screen AA update is. Feel free to join in: https://twitter.com/UconnectCares . Probably won't get me anywhere but makes me feel like I'm at least annoying someone at Uconnect.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
It is part of Android Auto. I believe that was the code name.
Indeed, that was the working code name. But coolwalk is now officially released.

The problem is not with Android Auto, but with the GUI of Uconnect5. That only allows Android Auto in a half screen setup layout
Android Auto above, something else from Uconnect, like seat settings or radio, below. Equally 50/50 on the screen.

darrell585

Reaction score
@RamCares need a update to allow Android Auto fullscreen on the 12" screens. Seems like it would be a simple fix! Is apple paying you guys to keep us at half screen to try and force us to iPhones?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

KJThaDon

Reaction score
Crazy. Been out for years now and still behind on something so simple.

g00fy

Reaction score
Just saw there's a recall for radio firmware because of a reverse camera issue. Claims dealers will start installing updated firmware for the recall November 17. So unless this firmware is getting pushed OTA already, new firmware should be available mid November, but I doubt they bothered to implement full screen AA with it.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Just saw there's a recall for radio firmware because of a reverse camera issue. Claims dealers will start installing updated firmware for the recall November 17. So unless this firmware is getting pushed OTA already, new firmware should be available mid November, but I doubt they bothered to implement full screen AA with it.
probably only a single bug fix and thats it

Users who are viewing this thread