5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Android Auto Coming Soon?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
full screen would be amazing BUT when the split screen setup (Coolwalk as they call it) of Android remains 1 bigger part at the left and 1 smaller part at the right, it is still worthless.
It would be nice if you could have e.g Waze on the top part and another app on the bottom part and not side2side.
You don't have to have the smaller part on the right with AA.

And imagine a time where only having half of a 12" display for navigation is "worthless". There are still people using older 4" display stand alone navigation devices, or their phone screens for Nav. Both much smaller than what we already have in a split screen.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does a wireless dongle make AA full screen?
Kind of yes.
You plug the dongle in via USB and it connects via wired carplay which is full screen, then you wireless connect with AA to the dongle in full screen which is connected to your car's radio which is AA full-screen and tricks your truck into doing it full-screen as it's already connected with CP full-screen so effectively it's AA full-screen.

I'm sorry I didn't see how good or bad it was before. But that does not negate the fact that the image posted shows an AA screen that is not remotely close to full. I would like to see AA & CP full screen on all platforms, even though I don't use them, but please don't toss garbage and expect us to eat it up. It might be an improvement, I'm not sure, but no it's not fullscreen.

If you want to goad others, go chat with @Darksteel165 ....he/she/it has lots to say on something...sometimes it's funny...
🙄
Are you okay? Sounds like you're about to have a seizure.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't see how good or bad it was before. But that does not negate the fact that the image posted shows an AA screen that is not remotely close to full. I would like to see AA & CP full screen on all platforms, even though I don't use them, but please don't toss garbage and expect us to eat it up. It might be an improvement, I'm not sure, but no it's not fullscreen.

If you want to goad others, go chat with @Darksteel165 ....he/she/it has lots to say on something...sometimes it's funny...
🙄

Us? You're the only one claiming it's not full screen.

AA is never going to consume 100% of the screen because it's not practical. You will always need access to other functions, but the difference between the full screen on my Subaru and the half screen crap on my Ram is night and day.

20231214_081130.jpg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
the screen on the right, from the Subaru, is better in this example

Much better. I can see 7 of my favorite radio channels without scrolling. Only 3 on my Ram and the Ram screen is 1/2" bigger.

The Google maps screen through AA on the Ram is absolutely useless. It's just too small to see anything. The full screen AA Google maps on the Subaru is almost as big as the Tom Tom display on my TRX.

Last edited:

DMutt

Reaction score
Reminder: Ram Cares customer service told me to contact UConnect directly (1-855-792-4241 or 1-877-855-8400) to inquire and complain about AA not being full screen.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
My annoyance is that I can't seem to figure out how to get the items on the screen that I want on the screen. IE I haven't figured out how to put Google Maps on the HOME screen instead of the NAV (which is going to run out in 3 months) and I haven't figured out how to have two widgets on the bottom of the ANDROID AUTO screen so I can have my radio controls and my comfort controls right there.
Is the HOME screen and the ANDROID AUTO screen two completely different eco-systems? Am I right? I just want to be able to put things where I want to put them.
And anyone else have weird happenings go on? Like random screens loading every time you start the truck - or even change screens while driving without hitting any of the buttons? It's almost like it's possessed.

vincentw56

Reaction score
My annoyance is that I can't seem to figure out how to get the items on the screen that I want on the screen. IE I haven't figured out how to put Google Maps on the HOME screen instead of the NAV (which is going to run out in 3 months) and I haven't figured out how to have two widgets on the bottom of the ANDROID AUTO screen so I can have my radio controls and my comfort controls right there.
Is the HOME screen and the ANDROID AUTO screen two completely different eco-systems? Am I right? I just want to be able to put things where I want to put them.
And anyone else have weird happenings go on? Like random screens loading every time you start the truck - or even change screens while driving without hitting any of the buttons? It's almost like it's possessed.
Yes, AA is completely separate from the Uconnect UI. AA runs on your phone. And is projected to the HU through an app.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Yes, AA is completely separate from the Uconnect UI. AA runs on your phone. And is projected to the HU through an app.
Ok, so then AA should allow me to make the screen the way I want then... LOL Grrr... Why can't companies ever get UIs right?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I was also searching for that. But AA is only on 1 section. The above half part of 1 page unfortunately. And the lower part is indeed only possible for 1 widget compared to the home screens. It is really frustrating.
About the change of the screens without hitting...I don't have this. Do you have the latest firmware (T27.48)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes they are differnet like Vincent said, but you can change the home screen. I assumed you have a 12 inch screen? It's in the bottom left.

Note: you can ONLY have Android Auto on 1 "tile"
I currently run 1 tile up top and 2 on bottom with nav up top.
But you can make a new page and set as home with Android Auto on top, and either 1 or 2 tiles on the bottom which would give you want you want.

If you can't figure it out I can take some pictures but once you hit the bottom left button it's pretty easy to figure out, with the caveat that once you have AA on a tile on any page, you can't put it on another page.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
I was also searching for that. But AA is only on 1 section. The above half part of 1 page unfortunately. And the lower part is indeed only possible for 1 widget compared to the home screens. It is really frustrating.
About the change of the screens without hitting...I don't have this. Do you have the latest firmware (T27.48)
So, if this version information is correct, no I don't have the latest. And if what I read elsewhere is correct, I have to go to the dealer now to update? On my old truck, I could download the file to a USB drive, stick it in the truck, turn it on and it would automatically update.
1703292061930.png

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Yes they are differnet like Vincent said, but you can change the home screen. I assumed you have a 12 inch screen? It's in the bottom left.

Note: you can ONLY have Android Auto on 1 "tile"
I currently run 1 tile up top and 2 on bottom with nav up top.
But you can make a new page and set as home with Android Auto on top, and either 1 or 2 tiles on the bottom which would give you want you want.

If you can't figure it out I can take some pictures but once you hit the bottom left button it's pretty easy to figure out, with the caveat that once you have AA on a tile on any page, you can't put it on another page.
You can? Ok, I'm going to have to play with it some more. LOL I'm a techie by career and this UI is not the friendliest of interfaces, that's for sure!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So, if this version information is correct, no I don't have the latest. And if what I read elsewhere is correct, I have to go to the dealer now to update? On my old truck, I could download the file to a USB drive, stick it in the truck, turn it on and it would automatically update.
View attachment 173133
That's 1 version old. It was pretty glitchy from what people say.
If you PM me I can give you a link to the current version.
Just stick it on an USB drive and plug it in to update it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did someone say you can get AA on the top and 2 widgets on the bottom? If so how? View attachment 173160
You need to click home on the bottom left, then again on the bottom left (above home) make a new "page" then select the grid that has 1 up top and 2 on bottom, then click add in the middle of each square and add what you want, Android Auto on the top and whatever you want on the bottom.

seansmd

Reaction score
You need to click home on the bottom left, then again on the bottom left (above home) make a new "page" then select the grid that has 1 up top and 2 on bottom, then click add in the middle of each square and add what you want, Android Auto on the top and whatever you want on the bottom.
Hmm I don't get the option to add android auto.... Gonna go play

Users who are viewing this thread